What's new

SVB 20XI Cage Gameplay

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
After previously maining KL I decided to take cage up for SVB just gone this past week and with a months training this is what i managed to get from him.
Keep in mind the players I am against are incredibly clever and adapt after each move and i consider them the best in the world, nearly all the games at SVB were immensely close.

I have officially left the hat tier and joined sunglasses tier (Cage/Sonya) (Y)
Anyway enjoy! These fights are brutal.

Chaos (p1) v A F0xy Grampa (p2) SVB Pools match:

We had to make this too lol, inspired by the genius of Mustard, Doku and 12 Gaug3

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Loved you vs Mustard. That was some DAMN good play there...and you guys illustrate something US doesn't do much of yet...jabs for AA.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Loved you vs Mustard. That was some DAMN good play there...and you guys illustrate something US doesn't do much of yet...jabs for AA.
Thx man, you'd be suprised at how many moves are AA. Every character has at least 1 AA normal that should work everytime. Cage is a beast for them though, he has 11 AA moves

THTB

Lol, yeah, this stuff made me hit the lab for AA combos with Reptile.

Albo

Noob
1:44 on that second video with you against nivek in casuals made me :wow: those were some great matches against his raiden.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I can upload the rest of the casuals if you want? You have a couple of Babalitys on Niveks Raiden with KL...Ive got them too.

Albo

Noob
Yeah ive never seen or played a better Raiden than Nivek. The Greek have some very VERY good players.
he's definitly one of the best raidens i've seen, almost has an identical playstyle to me but i'm confused as to why he does random vc blasts from a distance in his matches. you've definitely proved to people that you probably have the best cage out there and from the matches i've played with you and from what i've seen, you're definitely up there with some of the best players in the world imo. hopefully people will watch your matches and learn from them. good luck in your future mk9 endevours, i'm sure you'll do well.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
he's definitly one of the best raidens i've seen, almost has an identical playstyle to me but i'm confused as to why he does random vc blasts from a distance in his matches. you've definitely proved to people that you probably have the best cage out there and from the matches i've played with you and from what i've seen, you're definitely up there with some of the best players in the world imo. hopefully people will watch your matches and learn from them. good luck in your future mk9 endevours, i'm sure you'll do well.
He did VC Blasts that far to build meter whenever he could

leek

Noob
Wow amazing matches man, especially against that Cyrax.. that's some good shit man, using D+3 is a little more advantageous than I thought in block strings..

TO THE LAB!:horse:

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Looks like Johnny Cage can't beat you, no matter who the players is lol.
Great Matches and congratulation for your 3rd place :)
Its also good to remember that Foxy did not really care about 3rd place as much as I did, everyone knew he was great and that cage was dangerous, I felt like I had to prove that Cyber can be a good character if used right, on any other given day, Foxy will take it. That pressure is not as easy to get out of as it seems.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I have to agree. IMO, best match (out of the vids posted) was Foxy Grandpa vs Mustard. Both were super clutch, pretty hype shit. That is by and far the best cyrax I have ever seen

Marvaz

come at me
lmfao at the turn in this thread.

FOXY, very good JC play my friend. 2 thumbs up

Is this the same mustard i play ( played ) online before??

Massicus

Noob
Really nice vids the csz was amazing (those parries) and this is the first time I respect a cyrax player (If NRS could patch him, so Cyrax people would have to play like this that would be amazing)
I was thinking about picking up Jonny thanks to these vids I have better insight on how to play him.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Hey guys, let's keep this thread on track. This is a great, helpful thread for new/advanced JC players and I don't want it ruined w/nonsense.

THTB

Indeed...I deleted all the drama posts. Keep this topic in order! Through the mass chaos of buff/nerf threads, this is one of the best threads in general to pop up as of late!

Btw, Nori LMAO @ your sig!