What's new

SUPPORT THE FIGHT AGAINST THE INJUSTICE KNOWN AS BREAST CANCER!

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
no way in hell we win this even if every single guy in our community votes. Melee is winning this shiit

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It would be best if WB just tried to hold a sponsored side tournament, like what Sega did with VF5FS.

Also looks like the Smash community is very split on the idea of buying there way into EVO, because it they fear it would be a waste of money because the FGC would just treat them like shit.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think WB should use their Lego Batman money to get Injustice in.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
We can totally win this. We have organization and communication on our side.

The key is not relying on corporate sponsors or eSports cash. We can't expect someone else to do this for us. Through force of will, the MK community has taken a game which was "dead" two years ago and kept it going strong into its third straight Evo. Raising a few bucks shouldn't be that hard.

Hell, if WB sees that the community has put together a few grand, maybe they will kick in. I'm guessing we won't even need that.

Also, keep in mind that even if Injustice doesn't make it, you're donating to a great cause.

I actually laughed when it was announced that this was going to be the way for the 8th game to get in. Laughed becaus eI know the majority of gamers are cheapasses.

But seriously though, let's just get Super Turbo off of that list cause you know damn well they will be doing a second Tournament of Legends anyway. Games that have definitely have no shot at winning are VF5FS, SC5, Vampire Savior, Third Strike, CvS2 and Blazblue.

Guilty Gear is not going to win because it's basically a free win for any Japanese player. hey have the R update and are basing it on their play. It would not be fair to American/other countries who play it. although this wouldn't be the first time of this happening obviously. And besides, I'm pretty positive a lot of that fanbase(aswell as the BB community) will be there to support P4A instead.

The DoA community would rather stay home and do tournaments online anyway so we can count them out.

It will be hard for PS All Stars to get in considering the ridiculously large fanbase of the Smash community. Make fun of them all you want, but those same kids can easily convince their parents to donate to a great cause. Hell, they support their kids playing those games competitively so why wouldn't they help with this?

We know the majority of the FGC will try to get Divekick in just because. However, let's see if they are willing to actually put in the money which we know probably will not happen.

And then there is Injustice. Obviously this sit will support it to no end. But again, can we all honestly put in that much amount of money towards this goal? I can already guarantee a shit load of threads for donation drives to get players from other countries here for MK9 alone.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
My little pony is winning.

I didn't realize that was up there, if the Smash fans are not going to play ball, MLP has a huge shot at winning because of there "unique" fanbase.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I'm sorry TYM, but you might as well give up. MLP is going to be the 8th game. I'M DEAD SERIOUS. The pony community is the God of winning donation drives. I am going to give money as well. It shall happen. Now let the hate flow.

Breast Cancer research and bullshit awareness campaigns are incredibly well funded. This is a total PR move.

The $ should be going to other kinds of cancer, the kind that will most likely kill people.

But hey, tits!

Ilthuain

Breast Cancer research and bullshit awareness campaigns are incredibly well funded. This is a total PR move.

The $ should be going to other kinds of cancer, the kind that will most likely kill people.

But hey, tits!
I disagree with your statement and I do not believe it was helpful or empathetic to people who have had their lives impacted by breast cancer.

Edit: For language.

You are a fucking moron.
Yes, tits, I get it. We all love them. We are all "aware" to touch them too for lumps. Whoopie.

And when Evo ends up pocketing a chunk of that money for operating costs/payouts and Sony or other Corp buys their way into the tourney as a tax write off, at least you'll feel good about yourselves for wasting your $$$ when Injustice doesn't get in.

Why actually help people who might need it? Better to be fucking clueless about pink ribbon charities like yourself.

Yes, tits, I get it. We all love them. We are all "aware" to touch them too for lumps. Whoopie.

And when Evo ends up pocketing a chunk of that money for operating costs/payouts and Sony or other Corp buys their way into the tourney as a tax write off, at least you'll feel good about yourselves for wasting your $$$ when Injustice doesn't get in.

Why actually help people who might need it? Better to be fucking clueless about pink ribbon charities like yourself.
are you fucking stupid? The Cannon brothers are so well off that they have been LOSING money for almost half a decade on EVO and still run it for the love of the community.

Multiple people have mention how well off the cannon brothers are. Shit they fucking made GGPO for FUN and to help out the community. It wasn't till years later that people asked them to use it for their games.

Ilthuain

Okay, so moving on.

I don't think Sony will throw a ton of money here. PSASBR had a disappointing run at retail, and it'll be so far outside its sale window that pumping money into advertizing would be silly. Injustice will be the hot new thing, so it's more likely we would see corporate assistance.

We need to organize our donation drive. If we get real numbers, maybe we could get some matching funds from WB...

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Doesn't exactly make it PLAYER's choice if a big company steps in and ponies up the dough. You know where my money is going, obviously.