What's new

Video/Tutorial Superman's air eye laser on Aquaman

LEGEND

YES!
actually never mind

fullscreen air laser is still probably able to be dealt with, with enough practice/ recognition

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
this is misleading. If Superman was to "telegraph" a low air laser he could do it slightly higher up and MB it which would wiff punish the From the Deep. (this is full screen though, midscreen this whole situation is easily dealt with as shown in the video)

also, this did not cover instant air laser (impractical but still)
-

as an aside, any grounded laser is safe around jump distance and further and the reversal From the Deep can be backdashed quite easily, allowing superman to go back into the air safely

Brady be like this

LEGEND

1. doing the lowest air eye laser is pretty hard to get every time.

2. For superman do the air laser that low to the ground, I would be trying to FTD him as he landed thinking he was just going to land and I want the 2% chip damage. This would catch him every time he tried to do a lowest eye laser.

3. There is no "mix up" like do a high MB eye laser or high laser in general. You can reversal trident on reaction to blocking the air laser.

4x4lo8o

Noob
3. There is no "mix up" like do a high MB eye laser or high laser in general. You can reversal trident on reaction to blocking the air laser.
Can Superman delay the MB enough that Aquaman starts to reversal then gets hit by the MB part of the laser?

LEGEND

YES!
You can reversal trident on reaction to blocking the air laser.
i got you, thanks for clearing that up

only thing i was trying to bring up is if you were to try and catch superman with a from the deep before he hit the ground he could possibly fake you out

but as you said you'd only be going for the reversal and guaranteed chip then your right, there is no possibility of a mix-up even at max range

LEGEND

YES!
NO.. it is not spacing dependent.

ANY air eye laser besides the ABSOLUTE LOWEST point is FTD punished from any range.
at MAX distance you can do the air laser slightly higher off the ground than you can say just outside jump distance and still have it be safe to From the deep

this has basically zero impact on how a match will be played but still, the block (dis)advantage changes depending on how far away Superman is when his laser is blocked

at MAX distance you can do the air laser slightly higher off the ground than you can say just outside jump distance and still have it be safe to From the deep

this has basically zero impact on how a match will be played but still, the block (dis)advantage changes depending on how far away Superman is when his laser is blocked

True, but that 1.88% chip and lose 2% chip which still allows aquaman to win the the trade off.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
this is one of the first situations i tried in the lab and it was a lil heartbreaking. But oh well i will just find a new way to win. i love the challenge of aquaman. speaking of Tom Brady if its cool with you i would like to get some games against your well respected Aquaman, im on psn if your down. NRF_EVERLAST

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
True, but that 1.88% chip and lose 2% chip which still allows aquaman to win the the trade off.
Tom, would you please do a similar video on green lanterns "air" darts? That's always been a big hurdle for me to jump as an aquaman player. As far as ive seen green lanterns can be safe as long as there spaced right. Would love to hear your thoughts on that.

4x4lo8o

Noob
It's definitely spacing dependent. At full screen it's fairly easy to jump and immediately air laser low enough that ftd won't punish it, but from midscreen or closer it's pretty hard to get the laser low enough even if you do it while you're coming down.

I don't know how much it'll affect the match up, but it's probably significant enough that Superman can safely throw air lasers when he wants to at full screen but from closer it's a lot easier to screw up and it might not be possible to do instant air lasers fast enough

It's definitely spacing dependent. At full screen it's fairly easy to jump and immediately air laser low enough that ftd won't punish it, but from midscreen or closer it's pretty hard to get the laser low enough even if you do it while you're coming down.

I don't know how much it'll affect the match up, but it's probably significant enough that Superman can safely throw air lasers when he wants to at full screen but from closer it's a lot easier to screw up and it might not be possible to do instant air lasers fast enough

even from 3/4 screen its easy. It pretty much has to be max screen and a very low to the ground laser. Again though, you can still FTD him out of it because of just how low it is.