What's new

Superman's 1.06 Patch Notes?

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I honestly thought my main would had been nerfed harder than this. This is not really bad honestly. He will still be good though I just wonder how much more recovery added to lasers. Seems it only the db1 lasers and not the zap one db3.

I agree with Superman's super now being 5f instead of 2f. That was silly being only 2f.

Overall he will be good. Nothing to really worry about.

Clark

Hides behind armor
As long as he can still loop f23 breath on block, he'll be top 5, just now he doesn't have ludicrous corner damage/100% reset options. If the f2 nerf means that f2 whiffs after a blocked breath, though, he'll drop from top 5, but still be good. He's been "normalized" and is still totally viable. Can't wait to test out the changes next Tuesday.

so this means I can go back to my original main and favorite character without being called a scrub and wanting easy wins right?

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Superman
· The Meter Burn version of the Flying Punch now has 2 hits of armor.
· Increased the amount of damage scaling on some combos.
· The Kryptonian Smash Super Move now has 5 frames of startup (up from 2) and is now a Mid attack.
· The Ground and Air Heat Vision attacks now have additional recovery frames.
· Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack.
· Increased the amount of damage scaling after using the Heat Zap special move.

Superman players, thoughts? Yay or nay?
Dude, you have a naruto manga spoiler in your sig lol

Superman will always be viable solely because of his overpowered trait. I'm surprised NRS didn't nerf him harder. I was hoping to never face another Superman for the rest of this games life..such a bore to watch and play.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
The Ground and Air Heat Vision attacks now have additional recovery frames.
He either keeps f2 3 or the lasers not both.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Heat zaps get more recovery frames, yet spamstroke guns do not.. figures.
Neither Superman nor Deathstroke need guns/lasers that hit mid, high, overhead and can be fired in the air. IMO they should have got rid of his straight laser and air laser completely. Same goes for DS, get rid of his low guns. Why do you need to be able to shoot in EVERY direction?
Congratulations for having the two most offensively ignorant and scrubby posts I've seen in months, and right next to each other no less.

Fucking appalling.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Yea, forgive me I don't live for this game and try to main Lex. You try and work your way in against DS.. you kids take this far too serious..

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yea, forgive me I don't live for this game and try to main Lex. You try and work your way in against DS.. you kids take this far too serious..
your on a competitive fighting games forum , where players play for money etc
of course we take it serious ??? go to trmk bud ;)

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
colt

The patch notes state that heat vision has more recovery frames.

Do you guys mean that they recover longer on block or whiff? Or both? :(

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
if you've no knowledge on the game and are a casual then you shouldnt be talking shit about balance.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
I don't think this is going to have much bearing with the grundy mu, you'll still be able to run away just chuck out lasers all match which is still annoying as hell. Tbh the whole adjustments aren't going to make a massive difference, he'll still be top 5 imo

Superman v1.06 Information:
-His old meterless bnb f+2,3 - f+2,3 - f+2 - Low Scoop is not viable anymore. The Low Scoop whiffs 9.5/10 times. Switch to f+2,3 - ji2 - f+2 - Low Scoop. It does more damage, 26-27% depending on your ender and it's not hard at all.-All of his midscreen bnbs have been nerfed damage wise. You're looking at around 2-4% damage gone.-His corner combos got hit the hardest. His f+2,3 - 3 - Heat Zap - 3 - Trait - 3 - MB Breath - Heat Zap - 3 - Low Scoop - 3 - Breath used to do 69%. Now it does 53%. There is absolutely no reason to use this combo at all as you can do f+2,3 - 3 - Trait - 3 - MB Breath - Heat Zap - 3 - Low Scoop - 3 - Breath for 52% instead. His standard non trait combos in the corner got nerfed from 54% down to 43%. <---- More reason to start using thehard knockdown mixups more, use them!
-f+2 - Trait - Super is still possible
-Heat Zap - Super from fullscreen is still possible
-Ground and Air Lasers have more recovery to them so don't be stupid in using them.
-The hitbox on f+2 is weird, it will still hit you at the start of the round 90% of the time, and sometimes it wont. Although you can just duck and it'll miss.

Overall, he's fine, just need to use our brains more when using him.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
HKD's and OTGs are gonna be his mainstay. Not that much different from pre patch. is the spacing for F23 really weird to get used to?