What's new

Superman's 1.06 Patch Notes?

Superman v1.06 Information:
-His old meterless bnb f+2,3 - f+2,3 - f+2 - Low Scoop is not viable anymore. The Low Scoop whiffs 9.5/10 times. Switch to f+2,3 - ji2 - f+2 - Low Scoop. It does more damage, 26-27% depending on your ender and it's not hard at all.-All of his midscreen bnbs have been nerfed damage wise. You're looking at around 2-4% damage gone.-His corner combos got hit the hardest. His f+2,3 - 3 - Heat Zap - 3 - Trait - 3 - MB Breath - Heat Zap - 3 - Low Scoop - 3 - Breath used to do 69%. Now it does 53%. There is absolutely no reason to use this combo at all as you can do f+2,3 - 3 - Trait - 3 - MB Breath - Heat Zap - 3 - Low Scoop - 3 - Breath for 52% instead. His standard non trait combos in the corner got nerfed from 54% down to 43%. <---- More reason to start using thehard knockdown mixups more, use them!
-f+2 - Trait - Super is still possible
-Heat Zap - Super from fullscreen is still possible
-Ground and Air Lasers have more recovery to them so don't be stupid in using them.
-The hitbox on f+2 is weird, it will still hit you at the start of the round 90% of the time, and sometimes it wont. Although you can just duck and it'll miss.

Overall, he's fine, just need to use our brains more when using him.
oh my god.... they ruined the combos? don't care about the damage, but changing the combos? holy crap...

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Can one of you sex box guys test out this corner combo for me?

F23, 3~trait, 3~MB breath. NJ2, F23, 11~scoop, 3~breath. what's the damage?
(No heat zap)

EDIT: or does this even work given his F23 hitbox issues?

damn they ruined superman combos game pretty bad... now he won't have anti air combos, because almost every combo ended with f23, f2 scoop. worst part is that any combo with a j2 doesn't work as anti air unless you used b3 before, so this destroyed 50% of his game. The ones with j2 that do work as anti air, doesn't work as regular combos so you have to switch between j2 and no j2 from time to time. That's almost impossible in reaction so there you go.

xQUANTUMx

damn they ruined superman combos game pretty bad... now he won't have anti air combos, because almost every combo ended with f23, f2 scoop. worst part is that any combo with a j2 doesn't work as anti air unless you used b3 before, so this destroyed 50% of his game.

we have to find new ones. that's it. His game has to change. We cant complain, channel that energy into making him still a threat. A lot of people are going to LOL. prove them wrong.

we have to find new ones. that's it. His game has to change. We cant complain, channel that energy into making him still a threat. A lot of people are going to LOL. prove them wrong.
theres is a big problem here. MOst of his old combos could work if the opponent jumped on reaction. Now it won't so unles you have special reflex, if your opponent jumps only a little, he will ruin your combo.

Ok...I just had some casuals with a friend and f+2,3 - f+2,3 - f+2 - Low Scoop worked ok on Scorpion. You'll need to test this on every character but I'm switching up to the new bnb.

xQUANTUMx

theres is a big problem here. MOst of his old combos could work if the opponent jumped on reaction. Now it won't so unles you have special reflex, if your opponent jumps only a little, he will ruin your combo.
so our spacing and footsies will have to change. If someone takes my superman lightly post patch they are in for a big surprise. I'll be working overtime

Ok...I just had some casuals with a friend and f+2,3 - f+2,3 - f+2 - Low Scoop worked ok on Scorpion. You'll need to test this on every character but I'm switching up to the new bnb.

let me give you an advice. Try if your combos work if your opponent jump. f23 f23 f2 scoop worked against an opponent that jumps but f23 j2, won't work. so try to catch your opponent in the air with your regular combo.

xQUANTUMx

I had someone test this out too:
F23, 3~trait, 3~MB breath. NJ2, 223, 11~scoop, 3~breath. 54%

used to do 58. 4% reduction hurts, but you are still taking half their life without clash, and this is all without OTG setups. most probably these combos will be easier to do online as well.
Don't give up guys. Keep finding shit.

No heat zap corner BNB for f23 and f3
f23 3 trait, 3 mb breath, jump 3, 3 scoop, 3 breath does 54%

f3, j3, 3 trait 3 mb ice breath, j3, 3 scoop, 3 breath does 61%

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Didn't read all the thread but from what i see ''Heat Zap'' damage in combos is reduced by ~1% .

xQUANTUMx

I have a 50,54, and 58% corner with no heat zap. Also a 71% and a possible 90% OTG corner reset. Will post later, on the phone atm. Someone remind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutrient

Lex Flex
After much playing with Supes I find that he is much more meter dependant in match ups where air laser could be TK for safety in previous IJ

When you look at all the info; Superman got the biggest nerfs, and well needed.

People posting "BA got raped"need to play against the character in this patch, he hasn't changed that much, his combos have changed I hear but from experience the mu against him has become harder. He still does great dmg, trait is same, ex divekick still gdlk, best backdash in IJ, he didn't receive nerfs to his main tools in the same capacity as supes.

F23 can't be thrown out mindlessly, not that the string is now terrible, just requires cognitive plan before preceding with something after f23 breath.

Still strong character I believe, but he'll definetly have trouble down the road against competing top-tiers AM, WW, I guarantee it.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I think he will do fine still against WW, but maybe AM might be trouble for him but we don't know. We will see in the coming months.