What's new

Video/Tutorial Superman Safe TOUCH OF DEATH 50/50 reset. (HUGE UPDATE!)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I tried to do the first reset at EVO. Didn't expect him to block, let alone push block. That completely threw me off. 1 hour 11 minute mark.
Do you remember the reset SonicFox found by using trait and how it resets the combo? That means you immediately swing with J3 with no delay at all so they think its a crossup. That reason is actually why I prefer the trait reset version.

DarksydeDash

Shit I thought j3 didnt actually crossup in the corner. How did you get that to finally work?
I actually was messing around with Green Arrow and found by reloading an arrow while their Frozen in the corner then going for a j3 quickly or delayed, crosses up or hits same side. So I thought, why not with Superman? Works like a charm. ;)

DarksydeDash

Is there a way you can get this cross up Mid screen?
Yes but that uses divebomb cause it hits on the same side. If you dont use divebomb its fuzzy guardable. Damage is nice but I wouldnt want to get punished if they guess right, Id rather get 42% and push them into the corner.

I can almost guarantee this is character specific (and possibly even stage). Many cross up J3's work differently against small and high hitboxes (i.e. actually GETTING a crossup on a large character like Doomsday is tough.)

But I suspect this wasn't tested thoroughly, not trying to step on your toes or anything. I remember playing with pretty much the exact same thing a while ago but discarded it because while it worked against the computer that was just standing, actually HOLDING BACK negated any mixup and would always hit in front.

DarksydeDash

I can almost guarantee this is character specific (and possibly even stage). Many cross up J3's work differently against small and high hitboxes (i.e. actually GETTING a crossup on a large character like Doomsday is tough.)

But I suspect this wasn't tested thoroughly, not trying to step on your toes or anything. I remember playing with pretty much the exact same thing a while ago but discarded it because while it worked against the computer that was just standing, actually HOLDING BACK negated any mixup and would always hit in front.
Tested it on all character sizes and it works on them all. I can record it if you'd like.

DarksydeDash

Oh okay, nice to know character size doesn't matter. Cool. So it DOES still work if you record the opponent holding back as well?
Yes and against real opponents. The timing is a more instant j3 for same side and a more delayed j3 for big characters, the rest of the cast, including small characters, require no change in timing for the reset.

DarksydeDash

Just officially broke this reset by finding a way to keep them in corner even if it crosses up. I will update thread when I get home. I tested it on Catwoman, Frost, Bane, Doomsday, Batgirl, Martian, Batman, Zod, and Flash. This reset keeps them completely frozen but is impossible to see, and you get to control it.
@RM Indecisive You will he the first to know. ;)