What's new

Video/Tutorial Superman bounce cancel 87%

heymanjack

Injustice modder
What's the notation for this? The camera got a bit shaky during some moves so I can't pinpoint some moves out.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
IAGS = instant air ground smash.
Doing this move correctly ends up resetting the damage counter which Means you deal more damage with less scaling

heymanjack

Injustice modder
jump back or neutral jump (whatever feels better for you) d3
I think I got it down. I got to clarify though this is technically 2 combos, the opponent, assuming you will perfectly execute the combo, has no way of escaping this once the first combo hits right?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Since the bounce cancel combos are out of the bag, thought I'd share one of my own. This is 1 variation and you can do others. 2 bars for the bounce cancel and obviously the use of trait.

KDZ
EMPEROR_THEO
Gurimmjaw
Everlast_724

I apologize for the vid quality, I'll try to re-record at a later date if I can
Nice combo Quantum!

Question, what is this bounce cancel you speak of and was that a guaranteed reset?

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
No, you can block it, like you would block a regular Ground Smash. The 'trick' is to do the combo, till the Low Scoop, then stop it and do the IAGS. You'll fool your opponent, cause he'll think you'll pull the full combo and will get caught of guard.

Something to use, not many times, although everything happens so damn fast. I'm using this with 223 3 trait 3 IAGS, to 'mix up' their minds.

xQUANTUMx

Nice combo Quantum!

Question, what is this bounce cancel you speak of and was that a guaranteed reset?
Thank you Mr Tony T!!

I'm referring to a MB B3 cancel (bb MB input) that I do right after f23, and 3~Bb MB. I like to mix it up between that and 3~trait, 3~BB MB if I think they will block correctly (guaranteed massive damage)
No, the reset is not guaranteed. I'm currently working on a way to make it more visually ambiguous for this setup, so that they have to guess whether the ground smash crosses up or not

xQUANTUMx

Not sure I understand your question. Are you referring to jumping forward and then doing the iags in order to crossup? This can work in some setups but a bit more visually obvious. If you are referring to jumping forward after the reset , I'm not sure you would want to. The opponent is in a fall animation and will hit the ground before you do. Now you are in the corner and they can wake up, get out for free.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Thank you Mr Tony T!!

I'm referring to a MB B3 cancel (bb MB input) that I do right after f23, and 3~Bb MB. I like to mix it up between that and 3~trait, 3~BB MB if I think they will block correctly (guaranteed massive damage)
No, the reset is not guaranteed. I'm currently working on a way to make it more visually ambiguous for this setup, so that they have to guess whether the ground smash crosses up or not
Curious! Are you actually burning meter with this cancel? Or is this something completely new where you don't burn meter?

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Not sure I understand your question. Are you referring to jumping forward and then doing the iags in order to crossup? This can work in some setups but a bit more visually obvious.
Yeah I was referring to the first question.

Regarding that, you had luck with IAGS cross up setups?

xQUANTUMx

Curious! Are you actually burning meter with this cancel? Or is this something completely new where you don't burn meter?
It burns two bars bc of the cancel. But if you look at the rest of the vid, I'm not burning anymore meter. The rest is trait damage. In this instance I feel 87% potential reset is worth the risk and the two bars. (I'm not throwing this combo around willy nilly but if the opportunity arises...)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
It burns two bars bc of the cancel. But if you look at the rest of the vid, I'm not burning anymore meter. The rest is trait damage. In this instance I feel 87% potential reset is worth the risk and the two bars. (I'm not throwing this combo around willy nilly but if the opportunity arises...)
Ahh thanks, now i follow.