Super Smash Bros ULTIMATE General Discussion

Discussion in 'Super Smash Bros.' started by JBeezYBabY, Jun 13, 2018.

1. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse So thirsty

Well, you could, I dunno... post the announcements and initiate a discussion instead. Just an idea.

JBeezYBabY and Espio like this.
  2. I mean, i'm excited for this game as someone who loves video games (and King Krool). But as someone who loves competitive fighters... not really. Especially after the debacle at Evo.

3. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse So thirsty

Well, if no one else are going to do it...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Simon Belmont being the manly Conan-like character, and Richter (echo) being the more standard anime hero.
    Nintendo is covering their bases with this one, something for everyone.

[​IMG]

King K. Rool looks awesome, always up for more wacky villains.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some Echo characters, Chrom and Dark Samus.

Roy Arkon, JBeezYBabY, Espio and 2 others like this.
  4. ChatterBox

ChatterBox Searching for an alt.
    Premium Supporter

<---- day one phenomenal Ricther main

JBeezYBabY and Marinjuana like this.
  5. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse So thirsty

Seeing that Simon Belmont, it makes me wish there were more male characters wielding whips in fighting games. It's usually seen as a weapon for female characters in most games, but Simon is an OG character who shows that's clearly not the case. ♥

Also, having it be a chain with a spiked ball in the end is just awesome.

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  6. Mikemetroid

Mikemetroid MK Mythologies: Injustice 2
    Moderator Premium Supporter

I will compete for this game. You can tech grabs now. I'm going to no life this fucking game lmao

7. Baconlord

Baconlord HOLD THESE BEAMS SON

Wait what. When did they say that?

8. Mikemetroid

9. BOSSETTE

BOSSETTE Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I'm curious if there will be certain DLC's that you have to purchase or if all characters can be unlocked by just playing the game this time.

10. The Slaj Jazz

The Slaj Jazz I'm salty

PSN:
    TheSlajJazz
    XBL:
    Slaj449696
    Steam:
    slaj4496
    I have a switch, cant wait for this to come out.

11. First Mario is killed by Ridley, now he's brother is killed by Death.

Man, Nintendo has become savage!

JBeezYBabY, ChatterBox and Marinjuana like this.
  12. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

I mean, yeah....that Smash 4 Grand Finals was a mess, but very optimistic about Ultimate. You can tell Sakurai is making major strides to make this Smash very competitive from making all stages tournament viable and that new sick training mode you can actually measure how far your attacks will send the opponent. This will be the best yet! I can feels it!

SAME AS FUCK!

13. ChatterBox

Premium Supporter

That lab is gonna be mad fun to fuck around in!

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  14. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

RIGHT!? Gonna lab the fuck outta Simon, King K, hell....any new character! Hope they nerf the shit outta Bayonetta

15. ChatterBox

Premium Supporter

Likewise, I didn't ever own Smash 4 so I'm pretty pumped to really learn my other hero, mega man. With him and the Belmonts I'm gonna be keeping people away from me all game bwahahahaha

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  16. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

I bought a Wii U for Smash 4 and it just didnt feel like Smash to me....especially with Bayonetta's broken ass in the game. That character literally kills the fun out of the game. So i stopped playing.

Icefyre likes this.
  17. VSC_Supreme

VSC_Supreme The Anti-Nerf Equation will be mine.

Simon Belmont looks lit AF, you can tell there was a lot of love and attention to detail put into his character and stage (There's like 5 bosses in it.) That Alucard Assist trophy makes me a little jealous that he's not playable.

Loving that K. Rool is finally in with Gangplank Galleon. He looks super Goofy but in a good way.

And as a big Metroid fan it's cool to get Dark Samus as a character and not an alternate color.

I cared little for Sm4sh as the gameplay and presentation didn't feel quite right but i'm hype for this game. The big roster and music and stage collection gonna allow for a lot match variety even if its all just on Final Destination stages.

Marinjuana, JBeezYBabY and ChatterBox like this.
  18. Mikemetroid

I really liked Smash 4. I like that edge grabbing isnt a thing anymore and the overall feel of the game is nice. I really dislike getting grabbed all the time because I thought it was pretty much a free kill for some characters. I like the huge variety of characters and the smooth gameplay.

I really dislike Melee, the fact that its so stiff and to play it efficiently, you gotta glitch the fuck out of it. Not to mention the community is absolutely disgusting.

(Some of my "matches")

19. VSC_Supreme

VSC_Supreme The Anti-Nerf Equation will be mine.

The presentation and the gameplay put me off from it, It felt like it was almost there. I wasn't a fan of how defensive the game was, the infinite rolling, and constantly playing near the edge to grab someone into the same basic combo. It didn't really feel good to play even casually (especially now that everyone wants to play it competitively.)

I enjoyed Melee and Brawl much more because I was young when both games released. The game overall looks so much better, I know a lot of people looking forward to ultimate who cared little for Smash 4, so its doing something right.

20. freerf245

freerf245 11 11 11 11

XBL:
    Freerf
    I wasn’t actually expecting Chrom but I really wanted him back when Smash 4 was comin out so I’m really happy