What's new

Sundance Gauges Community Opinion on Street Fighter at MLG

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/448252632822743040

This could be huge for the Capcomunity. The only things keeping SF out of MLG were Capcom themselves and grass roots tournament organizers feeling disrespected by E-Sports. Players would finally get their desired pots and worldwide exposure. This is great for them, but lets show Sundance why we would also embrace such an opportunity.

Injustice has been right behind Capcom in terms of numbers at most Major tournaments, but this sentiment is not reflected by the way it's handled in the community. We are left with early Top 8 times, smaller secondary streams, and the widely accepted view that our game is dead, despite the uproar of support since the patch.

Well ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!

I want all of you to hit up Sundance on Twitter and let him know that you want Injustice at MLG. Those who were here for MK remember how much of an asset that was to our community, and I feel that the numbers would only double if they were to give us another chance with Injustice.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
oh wow...I wonder if they are close to a deal or something. That would completely blow my mind and would be a major step forward.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'm not going to get into the who deserves what argument, but I will express that we will ALL make the most of the opportunity if it is offered to us.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
If MLG did pickup SF what would that mean for the CPT?
It would still go on, but I'm assuming they would throw in MLG events as qualifiers. If not, the players still benefit because of the large payouts. It's a win/win situation. I don't want anyone here to be discouraged about this; just express to Sundance that you'd also like to see Injustice thrown into the mix.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It would still go on, but I'm assuming they would throw in MLG events as qualifiers. If not, the players still benefit because of the large payouts. It's a win/win situation. I don't want anyone here to be discouraged about this; just express to Sundance that you'd also like to see Injustice thrown into the mix.
If they were to do another fighting game division, I would imagine a 3 game lineup like before. They have Smash now...if they were to add SF I doubt they would add another Capcom title...so Injustice would definitely be in the mix if they return to a 3 game lineup.

assuming MLG is close to picking up SF, anyway.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
If they were to do another fighting game division, I would imagine a 3 game lineup like before. They have Smash now...if they were to add SF I doubt they would add another Capcom title...so Injustice would definitely be in the mix if they return to a 3 game lineup.

assuming MLG is close to picking up SF, anyway.
That would be the ideal scenario with a very balanced and well represented lineup. It would have the games with the strongest backings from their respective communities.

Justice

Noob
I think it's great for SF to be there. We had our shot with MK and kinda blew it. It's good that MLG is giving fighting games another chance and not giving up on us entirely but I also think they are in for one hell of a rude awakening with the Capcom players ;)

I do hope that MLG gives us another chance with Injustice. With our heart and passion for our games added to DC characters, it almost seems like a can't fail proposition :D

I will say this though, Lord have mercy on the soul of any Capcom fanboi that decides to shove this down anyone's throat after the grief they gave us when MK made it.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Not to be "That guy" but of course MK is an assest to this community "TYM" came from MK and it'll be a WTF if we let MK in the dust and keep using "Test Your Might" as the name of the forum. Just saying.