What's new

Guide - Summoner Summoner Vortex Guide and Maximizing Damage

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Are you sure it's just frame? In my testing I could never get it to jail. I think the frame data is wrong and quans b2 hits on frame 16 but I could be wrong.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The overhead after the d3 is a just frame to not have an admirable gap.

The reason you would try it are:

To test your opponent's execution and condition them to hesitate using the overhead option in that scenario.

If you guess right, depending on the character you get a full combo into a knockdown into more pressure. The reward can be worth the risk.

Remember, no one is frame perfect 10/10 times. Sometimes, you have to test them.
that makes sense, but am i wrong in thinking that you have to be frame perfect with the armor to get in anyway? I mean if you are a frame off with b2 doesnt that just make a 1 frame gap to execute an armor in?

also i couldnt qite hear properly but sounds like Shujink said yomi players do it every time, which is what i was referring to, not doing it once

Also how does he know they are attempting to armour and not just blocking the OH? if the low goes through it would look the same both ways right?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
that makes sense, but am i wrong in thinking that you have to be frame perfect with the armor to get in anyway? I mean if you are a frame off with b2 doesnt that just make a 1 frame gap to execute an armor in?

also i couldnt qite hear properly but sounds like Shujink said yomi players do it every time, which is what i was referring to, not doing it once

Also how does he know they are attempting to armour and not just blocking the OH? if the low goes through it would look the same both ways right?
all the yomi players ive played in tourney armour when i try to do b2 and it works everytime. So im not sure if timing it wrong? but i assume they've labbed it enough to know about the gap there.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

You don't have to be frame perfect with the armor. That's what the Reversal system is for.

Also, you just have to make a read. Generally, if someone is +, they want to hit buttons. In this game, anything that isn't a true frame trap can be armored.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You don't have to be frame perfect with the armor. That's what the Reversal system is for.

Also, you just have to make a read. Generally, if someone is +, they want to hit buttons. In this game, anything that isn't a true frame trap can be armored.
you can reversal after blocking something, not after getting hit by something. To land this you actually have to be on frame

I just tried to armor after a D3 into B2 and after about 50 tries I could not find the timing

I think anyone attempting this is making an unnecessary risk, especially since this IS a true frametrap if done right and at worst is extremely hard to armor like 1 frame or 2 window only of your opponent messes it up by even more, AND only beats one option of the 50/50 anyway

I'm not claiming to be better than anyone from YOMI or anything just wondering if the people you are talking about actually know that it jails , or if they are just mashing armor after seeing you press D3 and maybe u happen to be a little off with the timing?

Last edited:

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Okay so I have a new question. In what thread are the inputs for the vortex you show in this video? I don't see them in the Remastered Combo Guide. Plus I'm still too new to just follow off what I see on screen.