What's new

Summer Jam XII August 31st - September 2nd, 2018

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Those are side events hosted by @Mikemetroid I believe?
Yes Correct. We will be letting everyone know soon whats going on. We being @Shock and I.

ALSO a quick SECURITY UPDATE.

1) There will be extra security guards at the event this weekend.
2) We've also spoke to local police, who will be patrolling the area while the event takes place.
3) If you do not need to bring a bag with you, we ask that you leave it in your hotel room and/or at home (if you're commuting). Otherwise, there will be bag checks done every time someone enters the area where Summer Jam is taking place. If you're bringing a bag down, please make sure that you arrive early enough before your pools take place as it might take a while to get into the venue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Yes Correct. We will be letting everyone know soon whats going on. We being @Shock and I.

ALSO a quick SECURITY UPDATE.

1) There will be extra security guards at the event this weekend.
2) We've also spoke to local police, who will be patrolling the area while the event takes place.
3) If you do not need to bring a bag with you, we ask that you leave it in your hotel room and/or at home (if you're commuting). Otherwise, there will be bag checks done every time someone enters the area where Summer Jam is taking place. If you're bringing a bag down, please make sure that you arrive early enough before your pools take place as it might take a while to get into the venue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Not that I'd have a problem with it, but any idea if they are searching fightsticks? Wondering if it'd be easier on them to bring something to open my Obsidian up with if they need to check those too

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Right now the only info I have for classics is we will have an area to run stuff and record. I am working on getting us a 4G stream but I cant make any promises. This went from being a weekend for a few of us who dont see each other to chill to bring numerous players coming out of the woodwork.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Ah ok maybe yea. Also maybe injustice 2 has few entrants but not too far from like bbtag and others and that's a newer game.
Almost all of the games got a small amount of entrants. Only DBFZ, Tekken 7 and SFV got a high amount of them. That one tourney doesn't indicate that much, but like @Mikemetroid said, people need to show up to support the game and the scene.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Big thanks to everyone who showed up for #classicMK games, I will rebroadcast the stream from the recorded videos as a live stream so people can actually watch this great event instead of the slide show.

#UMK3 Results from
#SummerJam12 -
1. Tehdrewsus
2. Cienfuegos
3. AC1984
4. McLov1ns
5. Konqrr
5. Pshhh
7. Shock
7. ]{OMBAT

I feel bad for not having entered Injustice 2 given the low numbers because I still have mad love for this game. I just wasn't confident given pools would be going at the same if I could reliably participate in two games. I don't even know how that would work- do you just continually run between bracket runners until one of your next matches in either is ready?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I feel bad for not having entered Injustice 2 given the low numbers because I still have mad love for this game. I just wasn't confident given pools would be going at the same if I could reliably participate in two games. I don't even know how that would work- do you just continually run between bracket runners until one of your next matches in either is ready?
Usually if you are in 2 pools in different games, we will never DQ you (unless you failed to check in with the bracket runner). We adjust and the time alotted for pools allow room for delays such as players in other games.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
To elaborate on Mikemetroid's point, if you are in two different games and the pools run at the same time, just alert the bracket runners for both games and every time you play a set for one, go to the other game and update them. It helps out a lot because sometimes a game needs you to play multiple sets in a row to catch up their bracket. This can then delay the other bracket waiting for you and while like what Mike said, they won't DQ if they know, it still holds things up for the one that has to wait for 2 sets. The worst is when it's finals for a stream game. Sometimes a player has to do losers finals and then grand finals, playing up to 15 matches straight. That doesn't happen too much anymore because the schedules are a lot better.