What's new

Summer 2011 MK2 Tournament - CANCELLED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
It's about time for another seasonal tournament.

CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF SIGNUPS

This is a PS3 tournament

RULES
  • All matches are best of 7 (first to 4.) You do not need to play all 7 games if one player has already accumulated 4 wins.
  • All matches are random select.
  • DOUBLE ELIMINATION
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a CMK member and you will check the thread for updates and match assignments rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • If connection breaks, both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to this thread IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
  • If there is unplayable lag, you must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this asap in this thread in order to get a new opponent other wise you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, intentionally or not, you automatically forfeit the match. Not the game, the entire match.
  • If you have been banned from CMK previously, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • Failure to meet match deadlines, failing to post score results of a match, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. CMK staff also reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If a person is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, then the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. If a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie then the winner will get to pick.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
Will be posted at the start of the tourney

SIGNUPS
1. DCIguy01
2. Billy_Bats1427
3. btbb99
4. Kraptile
5. MIKECALDWELL
6. Ththuvhul
7. Dookiebrain

RESERVES
1. Golden_Oreos
2. Cuko28

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Summer 2011 MK2 Tournament - SIGNUPS OPEN

Some have asked about making this a random select tournament. I don't care either way, but I'll ask for opinions. Anyone care if this is random or not?

DCIguy said:
Some have asked about making this a random select tournament. I don't care either way, but I'll ask for opinions. Anyone care if this is random or not?
Honestly DCI, 'in my opinion', I believe we should go random in this tournament. I mean, going random would ensure fair play. I would be okay losing to someone who went random. I would find it hard to give credit to someone who beat me by counter-picking, and relying on the elites Liu Kang, Jax, and Mileena for wins. Once again, going random is the fair, man to man approach we should take.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

GoldenOreos said:
doesnt matter to me, i will lose regardless lol
Dude, you are better than you give yourself credit for.

Billy_Bats1427 said:
Honestly DCI, 'in my opinion', I believe we should go random in this tournament. I mean, going random would ensure fair play. I would be okay losing to someone who went random. I would find it hard to give credit to someone who beat me by counter-picking, and relying on the elites Liu Kang, Jax, and Mileena for wins. Once again, going random is the fair, man to man approach we should take.
I completely understand that thought process. I will say though that in the 2+ years I have been on this site, outside of one instance, I have never experienced any issues with people from CMK counterpicking me. Just my 2 cents.

BTW nice logo :)

DCIguy said:
Dude, you are better than you give yourself credit for.

I completely understand that thought process. I will say though that in the 2+ years I have been on this site, outside of one instance, I have never experienced any issues with people from CMK counterpicking me. Just my 2 cents.

BTW nice logo :)
Let me rephrase that... What I mean is that it would ensure a fair tournament, not to say the members of Classicmk won't play fair.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Per request, I have made this a random select tournament.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Dropped the signups from 16 to 8. We need at least 8 players or this thing is going to be cancelled.

Well.... these are all PS3 players as far as I know. So, if thats the case Ill play. I need a router to get my PC online tho so if it comes down to me playing someone via kailerra only chances are Ill be S.O.L.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

If we don't have 8 players by Saturday, I'll make this a PS3 only tournament.

edit: If this does wind up being PS3 only, I may have to drop due to a poor connection with folks on the east coast. We'll see what happens, though.

DCIguy said:
If we don't have 8 players by Saturday, I'll make this a PS3 only tournament.
that would be cool. If you end up doing that there's a couple players I know and play often I could maybe get to join up as well.

also don't forget about goofart! He was also looking to do a PSN only tournament a few months back it just never came to fruition. Im not personally friends with him but someone should shoot him a message as well, he would probably join

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Tourney moved to next week. PS3 only.

uh oh! I see some "??" by my name haha

I am officially entering myself in the tourney :eek:

also I took the liberty of messaging a few people, once I saw it was ps3 only. Hopefully we can get a good tourney goin. If anyone is friends with that goofart fellow and you can spare a few minutes send him a message he might join up.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Kraptile said:
uh oh! I see some "??" by my name haha

I am officially entering myself in the tourney :eek:

also I took the liberty of messaging a few people, once I saw it was ps3 only. Hopefully we can get a good tourney goin. If anyone is friends with that goofart fellow and you can spare a few minutes send him a message he might join up.
Great! Just make sure they are members of the site, or they signup and post in the forum, and are not banned from CMK.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Expanding tourney back out to 16 players

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

I'll chalk you in, man. Glad to have you aboard.

edit: Signups close Friday night @ Midnight PDT (GMT-7).

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech

ok so i cleaned up my room today to try and find my ps3 controller, didnt find it ,so since this has become ps3 only i wont be able to play unless whoever im matched up against is cool with p2p. just let me know

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Oreos, I'll mark you as a reserve player just to be safe.