What's new

Summary of Updates for MKA

dreemernj

Ambassador
For those that haven't heard, there have been a few updates on MKA recently.

Moloch is short. I guess he was too big to be a normal character before so he has been shrunk.

Blaze is huge. I guess they wanted to break him.

Motaro has 2 legs. Heh, this looks funny. He looks like the result of a Jerry Bruckheimer rendition of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Tremor will not be in the game, since he was never in an MK game that we care to admit happened *cough*MKSF*cough*.

Meat is in it, and he is buff. His weapons are Cleavers which is...err...clever.

If anyone feels like posting pictures, go for it. A german website (mkuniverse.de I think) got a bunch of pictures and some downright heinous video clips from a demo of the game.

I have to say I thought it was interesting to see the video where scorpion was being played very much like an UMK3 character, short combos to popup and then jumping forward to try to get a couple of hits in air. The air combo system has looked incredibly broken in every vid I saw, but this one didn't look terrible. Probably because they people playind hadn't spent an hour on the game discovering how broken it is. Just my guess.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Everyone I've seen play a new MK game at some convention, has sucked hard at it and is frustrating to watch. It has happened with MKDA, MKD, and now MKA. Gamespot/IGN/InsertMagazinePersonHere people suck at the game, MKO people suck, TMK people suck, and now MKU people suck at it.

There is a very cool pic of Meat on mortalkombatuniverse.de

I will break this game.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Hmm, perhaps a competition to break the game would be fun. I wonder how many people are going to be willing to buy it when its brand new just to participate.

Nope."Frei" means "free/freely" and the verb "schalten,-te,-t" literally means "switch".So "freigeschaltet" is more like "freely switchable".Besides,Meat is a locked playable charackter in the beginning and needs to be unlocked.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Interesting. I googled it a bit and Google translates it as "De-energized" but different tech websites use the word to mean "active" or "enabled," at least as far as I can tell from the context. Guess Google is a bit off base on that translation.

They are complete complete opposite meanings, "Defeated" and "Activeated". Hard to believe it could be mixed up to that extent.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah Juggernaut is right since they obviously unlocked Meat in the game.

Thanks for linking the picture to meat. He looks fantastic if you compare him to his MK 4 look.

Moloch is short? Interesting.

I saw Motaro and he does look a bit odd having two legs. Does he have his tail?

Does anyone know or think that MK A will have the original music for stages like the Subway in the game?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yes, Motaro has a tail. But it is quite short. A far cry from the full screen sweeps of Motaro in MK3. But, he isn't a boss any more so I guess it makes sense. With the Goro Kintaro and Shao Kahn they just have to tone down their moves. With Motaro, if he had that long ass tail, even if they toned it down it'd be broke, or too slow/low damage to ever be used anyway.

I haven't heard much about the musics. I doubt they would keep the same ones, not sure, just a gut feeling, but they might have ones inspired by musics from the other games.

Maybe Motaro's tail is stretchy LoL. You know what though? I can't wait to play MK A and see the final MK of this generation. I like the idea of stories being wrapped.

I hope there is a Scorpion/Blaze connection.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I am excited to try out the Kreate A Kharacter system. And I can't wait to try UMK3 on PS2 to see if it is decent.

I haven't really been interested in buying an MK game since MKT came out, and thats a crazy thought considering I still think of myself as a fan of MK. But, with KAK and UMK3 included, I think at this point I am interested in MKA.

And I believe this site will be running a promotion to passive aggressively celebrate the new game. More details or on their way.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The bosses (Goro/Kahn) sucked in MKD for Gamecube...I hope they make them useful in MKA. Saw a vid of Moloch, they shrunk him a bit but he still is huge. His specials will be the only thing that saves him, but they are good.

Frost supposedly has Classic-Sub's Ice Puddle move along with the ground ice she had in MKDA and the slide. Hsu Hao has a powerup and a useless but cool looking fireball that bounces like Glacius in KI.

I really wish peeps who go to these MK conventions would actually record something good instead of themselves struggling with the controls like they've never played the game before (MKDA/D...Hello!? WTF?)

Enough ranting...I can't wait!

The Kreate a kharacter (gosh "k"s), looks great. Looks like they thought of everything. The Akuma created fighter in the trailer looks great. Maybe this will be the closest thing to MK vs SF? Sounds cool.

Still kinda wondering about Motaro. I was playing UMK 3 today and I just got to thinking. Can Motaro still be classified as a Centaur if he only has two feet? I mean that screen shot of him looked more like the Barron from Hell from Doom.

Do any of you think Scorpion will have a somewhat decent size role in MK A? I mean after all, he was the Champion of the Elder Gods in MK D.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm going to make KaK's for people, they should turn out very well.

dreemernj

Ambassador
SubZero187 said:
The Kreate a kharacter (gosh "k"s), looks great. Looks like they thought of everything. The Akuma created fighter in the trailer looks great. Maybe this will be the closest thing to MK vs SF? Sounds cool.

Still kinda wondering about Motaro. I was playing UMK 3 today and I just got to thinking. Can Motaro still be classified as a Centaur if he only has two feet? I mean that screen shot of him looked more like the Barron from Hell from Doom.

Do any of you think Scorpion will have a somewhat decent size role in MK A? I mean after all, he was the Champion of the Elder Gods in MK D.
I've heard mention of an explanation about Motaro's condition. I don't know how true those rumors are. They could be totally bogus. People have mentioned they might make his ending explain why he has 2 legs, or perhaps show him with 4 legs for just the ending or something like that.

They probably count him as a centaur to continue the centaur-shokan drama.

I have no idea with Scorpion. I know a lot of fans hated the fact that they retconned him and would rather he have his original story back. But I don't know if the MK team would give up the story they created for him so soon. I think he'll probably pick up where MKD left off.

The current story for Scorpion is that all this time he thought it was SubZero that killed his family but it turns out that it was Quan Chi who really killed his family, right?

I liked the shift for SubZero to Quan Chi. Right now I am hoping that Scorpion and Blaze are linked. I know its probably not going to happen but I just think it would be cool for a Blaze/Scorpion hybrid to be the Boss of MK. I just look at Blaze and see the ninja resemblence and just hope.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I don't what if any story Blaze has. It'd be cool if he was like Satan or something, come to retreive Scorpion to bring him back to the Netherrealm.

Blaze is the boss in MKA right? He looked huge when I watched gameplay footage of him. They shrunk Moloch, cut off Motaro's legs, and made Blaze like 15 feet tall.

Yeah, Blaze is huge. I am interested to see how he came to be that big. I was watching the first trailer I guess and I noticed that as the inferno is swirling on the tower, they zoom in on several of the fighters, with the last being Scorpion.

If you remember in MK DA, Blaze did not have anything on his person that resembled a ninja. Now hes got the mask, and chest armor. I would love the idea of Scorpion being the big bad guy. Boon has said that Scorpion is his favorite character(special features MK D). Scorpion was reshaped by the Elder Gods to be their champion. Maybe in a last ditch effort, the Elder Gods beefed up Scorpion to eliminate the threat of current events.

According to Scorpion's ending from the Games Conventions 2006 version of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, he isn't linked to Blaze.Blaze will be more likely connected to Taven's and Daegon's stories.Here is Scorpion's ending:

As Blazes fire extinguished, Scorpions troubled soul suddenly began to fill with joy as his ninja-klan the Shirai Ryu again appeared and thousands came atop the upper flat of the pyramid. Scorpion was more shocked when he had seen his wife and son. But this Reunion fell short as the evil sorcerer known as Quan Chi suddenly appeared. He had took Scoprion’s son and made a portal to the Netherrealm and jumped into it with scorpions son. Scorpion Raged and will not rest untill son is freed and Quan Chi is Killed.

As for Motaro, Shawn Himmerick said that he gets his legs back in the end.He also mentioned that it will be explained what actually happened to Motaro and his people.Here's Motaro's ending from GC 2006:

Rings of flames licked around Motaro's body as Blaze released his energy. As Motaro tumbled around the tip of the pyramid, a burning pain seethed Motaro. Motaro had that familiar feeling to walk on 4 legs as the flames finally began to extinguish. Motaro broke the curse that transformed his people from centaurs into minotaurs. With new energy, Motaro swore to make the Shokan pay for their betrayal.