What's new

Suicide Squad game

I know posting about another WB game on a forum that mostly hates WB for ruining MK1 isn’t the best idea - but has anyone played and if so what’s your thoughts? Think I’m going to pick this up - some of my favorite games are the Arkham ones so if this resembles that at all I think I’d like it

I haven't played it but watched a lot of gameplay and a review and nothing about it looks appealing at all imo.
I like Arkham trilogy too so it's shocking this came out of Rocksteady.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I started to watch the story mode on youtube last night. It seemed to be a neat else-words story but for me Nothing beats Arkham City. I also enjoyed Arkham Origins. I couldn't get into Arkham Knight when I played it cuz I just wasn't all about the racing Batmobile stuff. For the most part though from what I saw graphically it took a lot of the photorealism like MK11 to Mk1 did. But no ... I have not played it either so can't say.

I started to watch the story mode on youtube last night. It seemed to be a neat else-words story but for me Nothing beats Arkham City. I also enjoyed Arkham Origins. I couldn't get into Arkham Knight when I played it cuz I just wasn't all about the racing Batmobile stuff. For the most part though from what I saw graphically it took a lot of the photorealism like MK11 to Mk1 did. But no ... I have not played it either so can't say.
I think we’re the rare breed that actually really did enjoy Origins. That and City are neck and neck for my favorite.
Weird that Gotham Knights was so bad, figured it’d be good coming from Montreal Games but alas I was wrong

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
Story, dialogue and cutscenes are good. You can tell they really put attention to detail with the world and Easter eggs. Most of the jokes don’t fall flat either so the writing is good.

Gameplay wise I’m not really a fan. It’s got kind of that sunset overdrive thing to it where you always want to be moving but it’s not as “ the floor is lava “ gameplay that Sunset is. Combat just doesn’t do much for me but I’m bitter about Gotham Knights. I felt like that was a great game that was bogged down by 30FPS and people wanting Arkham combat pasted onto it. They listened to reviewers without having their own opinion and just crucified it. I prefer Gotham knights but I’d be in the minority with that opinion

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Dreadful. Nasty sadistic garbage that actively ruins a the Arkham series. Why did anyone think gamers would rather play as Captain Boomerang over Superman? The characters are all dumb too. Except Harley. She's better than everyone and she's elevated beyond everything. Also, I'm so tired of evil versions of superheroes. A dose of non-cynical optimism would be lovely, but that was never going to be this game I suppose. Then the multiverse storyline starts and I wept in this universe. A misfire as lethal to the company as MK1 is to NRS.

I hated it, can't you tell?

Last edited:

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Yeah any game that Sweet Baby Inc was involved in is an automatic pass for me at least until I see the Deathstroke DLC & if they fuck him up, I'm done with WBG but if they didn't I'm still gonna wait until it's $15 for the complete edition.

Wigy

There it is...
I know posting about another WB game on a forum that mostly hates WB for ruining MK1 isn’t the best idea - but has anyone played and if so what’s your thoughts? Think I’m going to pick this up - some of my favorite games are the Arkham ones so if this resembles that at all I think I’d like it
Do not buy this. Every review is saying its a money grabbing dumpster fire.

Arkham knight has more players on steam RN and its like 10 years old.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Oh God, I hated that stupid batmobile with all my heart. Why did they need to plaster it fucking everywhere! Why is the boss fight with Deathstroke a fucking Twisted Metal battle? I even have a personal beef with the game because it refused to give me and ending, and it's the batmobile faults too. Hate it.

I think we’re the rare breed that actually really did enjoy Origins.
Origins is quite fine. Also best designs for Croc and Bane of the games. It is overhated for sure. Better story than Arkham Knight, that's for sure.

Regarding Suicide Squad, it's basically everything wrong with modern gaming. Bad game design, annoying AF presentation, hollow gameplay, absolutely godawful atrocious story, predatory monetization, etc etc. I relish its abject failure.

gamers would rather play as Captain Boomerang
Whoa how dare you besmirch the incredibly unique gunplay of Captain Boomerang where you get to use his iconic submachine gun, shotgun and rifles! My favorite comic book moments have always been about Captain Boomerang fighting Flash with his arsenal of curvy throw sticks submachine guns, shotguns and rifles! 11/10 game design!

You can tell they really put attention to detail with the world
Genuine question...how can you make this claim with all the stuff in the game that directly contradicts established continuity and the logic of the general lore of the setting?