What's new

Suggestion for changes as a last ditch effort to make this game not feel like a shallow puddle of loops.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I do expect the opponent to punish me when they guess throw, so why wouldn't the armor be useful here?
Yes, but then you are assuming various conditions in a very short amount of time. Of course, everything I am about to say is a subjective opinion based on how I play, but lets say you knockdown you opponent.

They can:
  • Delay wakeup (your throw whiffs, armor was wasted).
  • armor on wakeup (your throw gets punished, armor saves you but you are now neutral)
  • do nothing or wakeup normal.
Assuming they do none of the two first options, you now have to guess:
  • they will microduck and punish (armor would save you, you are still neutral)
  • they will block or get their normal stuffed (you grab them, wasting the full kameo bar)

If I am already assuming they will delay wakeup, I wont try to throw. If I am assuming they will armor, I also wont try to throw in the first place. If I am already anticipating they will neither delay wakeup, nor try to armor, AND will microduck my throw, I also see no reason to try throwing them in the first place, again.

Of course, you have to take the decision of which of those scenarios will play out in less than a second, so the crystal armor would, in theory, be a good safety net for what you are betting they will do. But in most cases, you'd be better off not trying to throw in the first place if you are so unsure, as your reward for guessing right (they WILL punish your throw) is being neutral and without a full kameo bar, instead of not throwing and remaining neutral with a full kameo bar.

CanoCano

Noob
Scorpion Suggestions
-Neutral/Down/Up Assist: First fireball can now hit standing opponents as a HIGH ATTACK.
-Back Assist: Gain 3 hits of Armor. Fix the inconsistencies of what breaks the armor.
Purpose of changes: The Back Assist is weird with some double hitting attacks breaking it instantly like Shang's Ex Fireball but not against 2 normal hitting fireballs.
I'd also add making Back Assist into an Ambush attack and lowering the recovery to 45 frames, as to make it less clunky to use

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yes, but then you are assuming various conditions in a very short amount of time. Of course, everything I am about to say is a subjective opinion based on how I play, but lets say you knockdown you opponent.

They can:
  • Delay wakeup (your throw whiffs, armor was wasted).
  • armor on wakeup (your throw gets punished, armor saves you but you are now neutral)
  • do nothing or wakeup normal.
Assuming they do none of the two first options, you now have to guess:
  • they will microduck and punish (armor would save you, you are still neutral)
  • they will block or get their normal stuffed (you grab them, wasting the full kameo bar)
If I am already assuming they will delay wakeup, I wont try to throw. If I am assuming they will armor, I also wont try to throw in the first place. If I am already anticipating they will neither delay wakeup, nor try to armor, AND will microduck my throw, I also see no reason to try throwing them in the first place, again.

Of course, you have to take the decision of which of those scenarios will play out in less than a second, so the crystal armor would, in theory, be a good safety net for what you are betting they will do. But in most cases, you'd be better off not trying to throw in the first place if you are so unsure, as your reward for guessing right (they WILL punish your throw) is being neutral and without a full kameo bar, instead of not throwing and remaining neutral with a full kameo bar.
Idk champ not sure you are weighing this right. It allows you to strike/throw while often getting a punish on the armor. You probably won't get hit by a 40% combo if you guess wrong on a throw or an unsafe mixup. Can protect your gaps against armor, lets you punish certain moves(like a slide or teleport) without blocking them. I don't know that it's all that great but I think it can be pretty cheap, especially late round.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Idk champ not sure you are weighing this right. It allows you to strike/throw while often getting a punish on the armor. You probably won't get hit by a 40% combo if you guess wrong on a throw or an unsafe mixup. Can protect your gaps against armor, lets you punish certain moves(like a slide or teleport) without blocking them. I don't know that it's all that great but I think it can be pretty cheap, especially late round.
Those are fair points. Overall I think this could just be me being biased about my own playstyle and having a harder time seeing the usefulness of crystal armor instead of it being not very good per se.

CanoCano

Noob
Honestly i think Kameo Scorpion would benefit from Spear being an attack that can hit either player like Cyrax's Self Destruct
Make it so that the opponent that gets hit by it has two hits or Armour but you can combo off of it by Armour Breaking them, and adjust the start up to accomodate for it