What's new

Question Suggested method of B13 cancel into Trait LM?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Just picked up Lantern three days ago and I love him (pause). I like everything about him. I can't consistently do the trait cancel into LM though. Any suggestions to a new GL?

I was having this same problem. Haven't mastered it yet, but i realized that i was having trouble cancelling to lm from trait because i was trying to buffer the whole thing. Buffer the whole thing up to the trait, THEN wait a split second for the animation for the trait to start, and cancel to lm. You'll eventually get the timing and muscle memory with help from the sound effects telling you where in the rhythm to cancel. it's not as hard as it seems once you realize that you just have to wait a little longer for that db1. Don't cancel to lm until the trait animation has started. Other people may have superior methods, like I said I'm by no means a pro, but I found this helped me.

On a related note, I seem to have trouble consistently meter burning lm online. Its funny cuz whenever i test it in practice, the window for burn input seems HUGE, but sometimes online I mash the crap out of it and it doesn't seem to want to burn. I'm at work so I can't verify right now, but it seems to be worse after certain strings. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

The way I found which works is to use B134, then use LM because the LM will not actually go off unless it is input when the animation for the trait is in progress. After using the LM meter burn, I usually do a b3, ji3 then 223 LM for 33% damage.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I figured it out. Do B134 then as there coming down do the LM. I still haven't got the timing down online, but offline I got it. As soon as I posted this I started getting it lol. Sorry for wasting a post, but maybe this will help some other GL's.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Pretty sure you can HC the b134 into LM on hit and something else on block to be safe.
I think I saw someone using mini-gun.... and someone using the missiles (hella positive on block).

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Hit confirm B1 3 into 4xxLM. On block use Missles, MB rocket, or his gun. Sometime you can get away with 4xx gun.
Set the computer to random block and practice hit-confirming it. Best way to get it is to practice

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Whats HC?
Hit Confirm.

So if you use b1,3~4. You can visually see if the string hit into trait.
So if they get launched by the 3... you can confirm that... and do LM after your trait cancel.
If they blocked it all... you can confirm that and do something else.

I find that string very easy to confirm, long duration of the 3 into trait.