What's new

General/Other - Cyrax Suggested Cyrax Changes for Patch

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
If Cyrax were buffed into the top 5, not only would I continue to co-main him, I would delight in drinking the tears that would ensue. The Aliens, and Mileenas etc. have had there time to shine.
i honestly think Mileena should be left alone, i say this with great hatred towardsa her as my brother mains her, but only thing in her kit that is remotely close to broken is B12 and thats because she can wiff it and still hit you before you get her trying to punish it. thats kinda broke, but not level of broke that say: Alien or Sonya or Tekada is. she is just good at all but not best at all. just really good all around. and i like her that way, she is the example of how you can make a character Very Good and still not be broke.
ONLY MILEENA NERF: plus 8 on recovery of B12. that would fix her torment, but she could still use the tool in neutral, just not repeat it like a mad women and get away with wiffing it. actually look at @SaltFace NS : he has a very good write up of what she needs. but like i said she to me is the only honest Top S tier character we have on this game.

I think only thing that should happen to Mileena is: her B12 gets additional 8 frames recovery.
Sonya should get: her Grenade should not be able to detonate and have a quick explode time, OR, it goes away when she gets hit on block or hit. (thats fair)
Tekada can be fixed by making EX kuni end quicker. like right after, but let others debate if it goes before you can hit oh or not. i think he should have the option but it should be one mixup not several.
Ermac Push needs adjustment
Alien JIP2 needs adjustment and his F134 xx Tail flip needs a gap maybe between F13(gap)4 xx tail flip.?

I wish i worked at NRS some times, i feel likle they do dumb shit, i really hope none of the characters get nerfed to the ground. they are cool characters and are fun, but they seem to ruin every Variation when they nerf one character. Example Triborg Cyrax suffered from CSZ and CSZ suffered from Cyrax.

And trust me, you do not want cyrax top 5. trust me i hear you cuz i used cyrax in MK3/UMK3 and MK9 and on this one as my main guy. but if you think you will get a last patch and all complainers will have to deal with it you are wrong. Top players will bitch and bitch and bitch and take away the cool things he has like HTB setups, honestly its only thing he has, since his older versions where unblockable, its the closest thing to it, and in this one they can escape every one if they know the matchup. but only reason they keep it on him without the haters taking it away is because he has a very bad Neutral, top 5 = decent neutral= nerfed Setups the core of cyrax. Mark my words. you gotta think of what would happen, we allready have Net taken away after Bomb connect. what more you wanna lose permanently?
on the other hand if they give him a good Mid that does not equal decent Neutral it equals a fighting chance up close. he is basically Kenshi close up right now.

why i defend HTB setups from Cyrax: @PND_Mustard :

its because Cyrax at his core has always been UnBlockable and there was no way to block, in MK9 there would never be the
Haters spouting Why is Cyrax boms not able to block. like they do now, they say ohh its an HTB Cyrax needs nerf, thats the first thing i hear because this whole thing on HTB's has happend and now the community thinks its unfair. well think of it this way. the HTB is a Super hard way to do what he did in all other games. but you have to use Input heavy timing based Setups to get them traped in it. and BTW this game is 1000X's fairer cyrax than MK9, this one you can escape it. on MK9 the escape was Jump after poke, well Cyrax mains knew there was only one escape on that setup and they just used 212Yank and you where held into bomb explaode. on MKXL you can escape all his setups. here is a simple Guide to go by when playing against Cyrax, Single bomb = Backdash/Armor, Double bomb Setups = Tech roll into Backdash/Jump/Armor.

In this game there is universal ways out of all his setups. To me that is fair, ist not like Cyrax can use bombs that are 30 frames recovery and throw them like bees attacking you untill an unblockable bomb hits, and the boimb take 70 frames to recover, ther eis no way for Cyrax to throw bomb then immediately go to Stagger string to force Bomb, Its a low and Bombs take to long to recover. so all those options for cyrax is out, on top of it, he has to hit you with a starter to even get them out sincer they are so Negative on Recovery.

Here i actually have a video to help all with Cyrax setups: I advise aginst blocking them, unless you are very very good at cblocking, if you are not, just Armor or backdash, but follow tutorial.

The difference rom me and others is ill explain to my opponent how to block and escape my Setups. i would rather my opponent be prepared so i have to get creative with m y setups. thats whats fun with cyrax to me.

The whole fad we had a while back when reaper made a video saying Cyrax setups where not escapable was moot he later admited that he forgot to set Tech roll to ON. and thats why his double bomb setups where escapable. funny when you look back, i remember how many people hated on Cyrax, and whats worse is we actually got some nerfs that didnt need to be done. "Just In Case Nerfs" on Oct 4th we get redemption i hope.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't play Cyrax, but his bomb stuff is hilariously entertaining to do. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, though. I feel like the character has pretty defined weaknesses in the neutral game in comparison to the rest of Triborg, but I don't feel he should be as weak as he is in a couple areas.

I agree on the armored launcher for EX teleport. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of characters have armored launchers, and most of them are usually unsafe. There's a few outliers, but the general consensus of the armor attack is "unsafe reversal that leads to damage". I personally say make Cyrax the one variation with a truly scary reversal. He needs quite a bit of help. Don't think this would hurt. Fix the bugs associated with it, too, obviously.

A cool buff I think should happen is allow b2 to be canceled on hit. Like I said, I don't know enough about Cyrax to know how bad this would be to add, but in the situation that you trade projectiles and get a net, he doesn't seem to get too much out of it without any investment. I'd say allow him to get that decent damage off a net, meterless.

Scaling needs to be reduced slightly on bombs, IMO. Make him a scary character to get hit by if his neutral isn't going to be that great. That's always been the fun of Cyrax in almost every MK. He hits super hard.

Normal AA throw (both air and ground) should be able to be MBed like how Goro and Takeda can MB their specials to launch, and should go active a little earlier. Would make it even more worthwhile to catch someone randomly with it, since you don't have to immediately commit to it on a full read.

HTBs, universally, should be handled as much as possible, IMO, so make bombs mid. Yes, a nerf, but I think that's more of a necessary evil to take off, especially if it was something they had tried to address for the most part.

#MakeCyraxGreatAgain

MadeOfMetal

Yep, Cassie Cage, Kitana, Dvorah, Tremor, Sub Zero, Ermac (with classic Skin), Scorpion... all chars with differente hurt boxes
yeah what needs to happen is cewrtain characters like Mileena, Scorpion, D'Vorah, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Sonya. need to have a slightly bigger hitbox on certain moves, keep there hitbox small, but on moves like D4 or low profiling moves and Crouch they need to have Hit-Box made larger so we don't have this BS and it would be nice if they made there falling whil in corner juggles to be bigger hitbox. that could fix certain combos wiffing or being super hard to land on Females and Small hitboxes. Triborg is another one, he has a super small hitbox.

MadeOfMetal

I don't play Cyrax, but his bomb stuff is hilariously entertaining to do. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, though. I feel like the character has pretty defined weaknesses in the neutral game in comparison to the rest of Triborg, but I don't feel he should be as weak as he is in a couple areas.

I agree on the armored launcher for EX teleport. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of characters have armored launchers, and most of them are usually unsafe. There's a few outliers, but the general consensus of the armor attack is "unsafe reversal that leads to damage". I personally say make Cyrax the one variation with a truly scary reversal. He needs quite a bit of help. Don't think this would hurt. Fix the bugs associated with it, too, obviously.

A cool buff I think should happen is allow b2 to be canceled on hit. Like I said, I don't know enough about Cyrax to know how bad this would be to add, but in the situation that you trade projectiles and get a net, he doesn't seem to get too much out of it without any investment. I'd say allow him to get that decent damage off a net, meterless.

Scaling needs to be reduced slightly on bombs, IMO. Make him a scary character to get hit by if his neutral isn't going to be that great. That's always been the fun of Cyrax in almost every MK. He hits super hard.

Normal AA throw (both air and ground) should be able to be MBed like how Goro and Takeda can MB their specials to launch, and should go active a little earlier. Would make it even more worthwhile to catch someone randomly with it, since you don't have to immediately commit to it on a full read.

HTBs, universally, should be handled as much as possible, IMO, so make bombs mid. Yes, a nerf, but I think that's more of a necessary evil to take off, especially if it was something they had tried to address for the most part.

#MakeCyraxGreatAgain
ther is no world that i would allow Cyrax to have his bombs be mid. thats fucking stupid, he has alwyas had Unblockable bombs it was a nerf to have low bombs that could be blocked. making them a mid would remove all setups, and thats dumb as fuck. that is what Cyrax has always been. the other stuff you said sounded good, but if bombvs where made mid. he would be the worst character in the game, or worse yet he wouldnt be Cyrax.

All his HTB's are very escapable you almost have 1 second to think of your reaction. all his bomnb sets have plenty of time to escape and full combo punidsh him for making the attempot all it takes is the matchup knowledge. so no, Fuck mid bombs. thats what his EX bombs are. his low bombs are lows and remain low. I have actually seen the conversation of NRS and they said they intended to have the bombs be low thats why they made them low. they decided it would be a slight nerf, that he lost Unblockables but he would have the capability to try to do a OH right before a lowto get that setup so it would be something like unblockable but not as good. because it can be blocked consistantly. Cyrax bomb setups only work one way, you cant do Low to OH because you need the low bomb to hit last to launch. so you know every time how to block it. just Block high then quickly like immediately after the OH hits block low(hit down on dpad) and you will block it. its hard i know, but whats even funnier is you don't even have to Block it you can get out with any characte rin the cast with universal tools, every setup has an escape built in. you are never forced to block the HTB. and if you think so you do not know the matchup. if you know the matchup and don't fuck up, the HTB's will be none exsistant because a player that does the right thing when they are set will never get trapped into blocking them.

MadeOfMetal

Question, isn't the second armor break setup character specific on the escape?
no it doesnt matter how shitty your backdash is, the tech roll runins the launching all together, and then you can choose to jump instead of backdash. if you have a shitty backdash.

@THTB

yeah thats why Making the bombs mid would suck balls for cyrax.

i think he should keep the shitty Neutral but for god sakes give him a true mid. he needs that at least. then make Teleport launch like @PND_Mustard said. and possibly fix his net, don't know if you new this THTB but his Net at last half or last 3rd of the hold, opponent that is in the net can hit through it armor, and even backdash or block yes while they are still in the net. that is why cyrax mains will always get you in net then RC throw bomb and immideitely hit you with normal to juggle, thats why they don't wait even a fraction of a second, because if you wait longer than that quick RC cancel then they can block it or worse hit you into combo.

And yeah his HTB's are not really HTB's they are much easier to block, he has one true HTB in midscreen for a bar, that does 55% and thats cuz they use B2 low bomb while they are in net, but it requires the opponent to fuck up and lose to cyrax in the neutral, which is kindof an emarresing thing. but it is very very hard to block, maybe 3 frame link. but other shave 50% midscreens for less than a bar, nothing new, its like his tool after patch to get some very much needed Damage, i can't even explaine how much i cry when i do 4-7 bomb combos and hold you for days up there and all i get out of it is 32% at most meterless. its Complete bullshit. but at this point id ratherhvae Launching Teleport and decent mid that id keep him the same and just get thos eto things he very much needs and deal with the shit damage.
i will fucking Rage like hella if he loses Low bomb, like wow, that would be my tipping point. a shit character that is arguably below bottom Mid tier gets the biggest nerf known to MK id fucking freak. id point out every bs tool everyone had. i don't think any nerf besides that could make me feel like NRS was unjust as that.

but anyways lol. yeah he only need Launching Shrapnel Port and a Decent Mid and then im peachy with him, he wont be the best and he wont be the worst , but i could actually stop the BS neutral up close evry characte rhas on Cyrax. i could finally say nope by counter poke means its my turn for once.
Kenshi really needs a fast D4 think about that, his D4 would help get them away, so out of the pokes it would be the best one to use in the close up. give him a Scorpion D4 or close, its fucking 13 frames right now. and make OH slash and Teleflurry less recovery and id be happy.

Last edited:

THTB

ther is no world that i would allow Cyrax to have his bombs be mid. thats fucking stupid, he has alwyas had Unblockable bombs it was a nerf to have low bombs that could be blocked. making them a mid would remove all setups, and thats dumb as fuck. that is what Cyrax has always been. the other stuff you said sounded good, but if bombvs where made mid. he would be the worst character in the game, or worse yet he wouldnt be Cyrax.

All his HTB's are very escapable you almost have 1 second to think of your reaction. all his bomnb sets have plenty of time to escape and full combo punidsh him for making the attempot all it takes is the matchup knowledge. so no, Fuck mid bombs. thats what his EX bombs are. his low bombs are lows and remain low. I have actually seen the conversation of NRS and they said they intended to have the bombs be low thats why they made them low. they decided it would be a slight nerf, that he lost Unblockables but he would have the capability to try to do a OH right before a lowto get that setup so it would be something like unblockable but not as good. because it can be blocked consistantly. Cyrax bomb setups only work one way, you cant do Low to OH because you need the low bomb to hit last to launch. so you know every time how to block it. just Block high then quickly like immediately after the OH hits block low(hit down on dpad) and you will block it. its hard i know, but whats even funnier is you don't even have to Block it you can get out with any characte rin the cast with universal tools, every setup has an escape built in. you are never forced to block the HTB. and if you think so you do not know the matchup. if you know the matchup and don't fuck up, the HTB's will be none exsistant because a player that does the right thing when they are set will never get trapped into blocking them.
For the air net reset, can't the timing be altered to make it closer to a 1f block? In the video, it was a clear high/low block that seemed like it could be made a little tighter at will and a lot more unpredictable to handle. Like I said, I don't know Cyrax very much, so grain of salt argument here lol. My thought process was more along the lines of a universal change to make things less about being completely unable to block. If the backdash escape works on the air net setup, then disregard.

I don't think losing a HTB would make him the worst, especially with the other suggestions I had in mind, but that's an admittedly uneducated opinion. I don't see why he needs to be a character based around such setups. That's why I also suggested damage scaling reductions, so he's hitting harder when he gets opportunities, and getting more opportunities to do so.

MadeOfMetal

For the air net reset, can't the timing be altered to make it closer to a 1f block? In the video, it was a clear high/low block that seemed like it could be made a little tighter at will and a lot more unpredictable to handle. Like I said, I don't know Cyrax very much, so grain of salt argument here lol. My thought process was more along the lines of a universal change to make things less about being completely unable to block. If the backdash escape works on the air net setup, then disregard.

I don't think losing a HTB would make him the worst, especially with the other suggestions I had in mind, but that's an admittedly uneducated opinion. I don't see why he needs to be a character based around such setups. That's why I also suggested damage scaling reductions, so he's hitting harder when he gets opportunities, and getting more opportunities to do so.
well since he has always been a setup character what you sugessted was take away his setups: like every Cyrax main would hunt you down. thats what Cyrax players love is being creative and geting them opened up with hard work as it is now.

the OH to low, yeah there is a few 1 frame links i think, but hella hard to get it 1 frame consistantly, um, the combos that ytou catch them in net then walk up B1 over a low bomb, is only OH to low and it can be clocked by Holding block then pressing down real quick. as hard as it is for the cyrax to make it 1 frame is how hard it is to block.

but for the big damage ones, that excede 30% they are all escapable except the 55% for one bar, nothing broken, he has no 80% or anything like that anymore, i think they are around 55% for his reset now.

but yes im sur eit can be made tighter, but like i said, that type of setup, is just a combo extender, becaus ehe gets so little damage. id depends on which one you are talking about, they changed the B2 into Low bomb while in net to be less tight after patch. but the ones i do now are basically 20% into anopther 20% for a bar, cuz he has no way to continue it without bar after they made Net go away after a bomb connects.

and any that he loops are super escapable. they are basically somethin you may land once in a 3 round set against a competent opponent. like my setups only really work on online scrubs. because like i said they are so escapable. he has some armor breaks, but Cyrax has to guess before hand that you are gonna armor. you get what i mean all his is gimmicky and situational based on what Cyrax thinks other character is gonna do.

THTB

well since he has always been a setup character what you sugessted was take away his setups: like every Cyrax main would hunt you down. thats what Cyrax players love is being creative and geting them opened up with hard work as it is now.

the OH to low, yeah there is a few 1 frame links i think, but hella hard to get it 1 frame consistantly, um, the combos that ytou catch them in net then walk up B1 over a low bomb, is only OH to low and it can be clocked by Holding block then pressing down real quick. as hard as it is for the cyrax to make it 1 frame is how hard it is to block.

but for the big damage ones, that excede 30% they are all escapable except the 55% for one bar, nothing broken, he has no 80% or anything like that anymore, i think they are around 55% for his reset now.
Ah, I see.

Personally, I just think even if you take away the HTBs, you'll still have to deal with the fact that those same setups put him in position for 50/50 mixups that still leave the threat of leading to a lot of damage and still have you being forced to block the bomb along with it (which I'm sure makes them safe...correct me if I'm off there). Still not a very favorable situation for the receiving end. That's just how I'm looking at it.

MadeOfMetal

you are right he wouldnt be shit without them, but he would be boring as fuck and id never use him, and thats saying something, i have used cyrax since MK3 he has been my favorite robot forever.

what they did with Net reset was good, they stopped the loop. he has nothing like that anymore. basically the debate happened shortly after patch, and it was deemed fair by all of us. they said all his can be escaped and everyone tried to find unstoppable setups, but it turned out the one we found was Techable and the person who made it forgot to turn on tech roll. so the confusion was we thought he had a true HTB cheap setup but it was
Techable. so Cyrax is fair, and very punishable and escapable fop all. to sum up your question's.

funny on your sugestions i was like yes
yes
yes
yes good
Ohh hell no ill kill ya.. LMAO

Yeah, i don't want him to have everything you said, just decent mid and Teleport to launch(this one was actually PND mustard request)

i would also take Net being fixed and several normals not wiffing on everyone. even males and maybe his teleport being fixed so it doesnt glitch and add recovery randomly. that one suclks.

but all in all ill take the bare minimum of a true Mid and Launching Teleport.

then id add Net fixed/Teleport fixed.

Fix wiffing on: F4/F211/F13/111

and id be the happiest Cyrax alive. but really in all honestly. He only needs true mid and Launching Teleport and maybe a small adjustment to damage scaling.

MadeOfMetal

Ah, I see.

Personally, I just think even if you take away the HTBs, you'll still have to deal with the fact that those same setups put him in position for 50/50 mixups that still leave the threat of leading to a lot of damage and still have you being forced to block the bomb along with it (which I'm sure makes them safe...correct me if I'm off there). Still not a very favorable situation for the receiving end. That's just how I'm looking at it.
well if they are not HTB that would be shit cuz, his Setups only go one way they are not like Tekadas you cant set them up hella ways and still get launch. It's OH to Low or nothing with cyrax, the Low launches and his B2 that launches oh, well its garbage and cant be used unlkess they are already in combo, because that thing is 35 frames startup, and opponent just has to hit 1 then block low. end of setup lol. now that youa re brang up to speed what do you say now?

MadeOfMetal

Ah, I see.

normally if someone didnt know about the character they wanted nerfed id bve mad but i know you are a good guy and mean well, you just wanna know the truth and all facts and when you understand what is real you will agree that HTB should stay with Cyrax, because it is both, escapable, only works one way unlike all other HTB's and is blockable unlike others, like tekada can switch it up from Low-OH/OH-Low. thtas not the case with cyrax. its one way only.

and when you truley understand cyrax you will understand if htb is gone there is no setup. the htb does not loop to end of match they are used to get more damage cuz he gets nothing after patch. and are very escapable like chech my video:

the first one you see me block is the one that can be made 1 frame, but its a damage booster, after patch, he has no way to contiue it without meter to get damage, the best one i have seen from Scars unseen is i think 60%. and thats off that type of one. but many character sget that damage, think of Kitana with her OMG high damage meterless midscreens. or ermac or anyone really.

the second one, is very escapable and does not matter how many frame the link is, because before it you have close to 30 frames to escape. and can not be made tighter

hope that clears all your questions @THTB

if there was one that was a 1 frame link and no way to escape, then yes it should be taken out, but by no means should his bombs be made mid. thats dumb and ruins everything on cyrax. just take out the dumb ones and leave the ones that are easy to escape. thats what they did as far as i know Scars unseen said all are escapable besides his one similar to my first one in the video, he does 60% or so maybe 3 more % but thats fair, thats a damage boost to compensate for low damage and requires meter.

also want to shoutout to @scarsunseen she has contributed so much to the Cyrax community and has helped me and others with cyrax tech and so on. The threads would not be the same without her. i also vote Her as best Cyrax NA PS4. i am decent with cyrax but no means top player. I am a god online though lol.

but for real. if you have a question she can tell you. Cyrax setups are Escape-able and she can explaine better, and if there is a true 1 frame HTB its just a damage boost and She can upload the combo on there and probably show you how to get out of them or the proper response to said setup.

@THTB there you go doggy hope this cleared it up and helped.

also would like to shout out to my favorite UK player sorry if thats not where you are, i have no clue about Europe and surrounding regions, but @PND_Mustard is the god with Cyrax on that side. and im sure he can explain and elaborate on this matter.

THTB thought the Setups where inescapable and where 1 frame links. what i tried to explain as all the jiucy ones are escapable by techroll or backdash, and then they are one frame links if you don't escape them. and the midscreen one think it goes something like: F13 xx EXbuzzsaw, RC, B2, 4 xx net, low bomb step forward B2/B1 and thats the start of it does annywhere from 55% for 1 bar to 64% i think ask @scarsunseen she showed me her improved one. but i consider that one a Damage extender since Cyrax got so much of a damage nerf. and thats a way to compensate for lack of damage. Fair to me.

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
@THTB You can do tech roll into backdash if Cyrax tries to break your armor or catch your delayed wakeup. But against tech roll into backdash, he can do a run into the kick sequence, or he can put a short ground bomb into a long ground bomb into run into F3 and catches you.

Cyrax has to guess what his opponent will do so then Cyrax will do a setup against it.

MadeOfMetal

You can do tech roll into backdash if Cyrax tries to break your armor or catch your delayed wakeup. But against tech roll into backdash, he can do a run into the kick sequence, or he can put a short ground bomb into a long ground bomb into run into F3 and catches you.

Cyrax has to guess what his opponent will do so then Cyrax will do a setup against it.
its not THTB's fault, way back in these thread reaper claimed Cyrax after 3-29-2016 patch was 1 frame link unescapable, but this is not the case, when he was setting the combo videos up he forgot to set Ai to (Tech Roll)
and thats why we have some users thinking Cyrax has 1 frame HTBs that reset and take awya life.

on 3-29 they removed the capability to loop HTB's and the one true one that can't be escaped only does like 62% mine does 55% its easier for me. and i always go with consistency. to me that one is fair because its a damage boost, and you can take that one away only if cyrax gets a damage boost.

i think some of the people who complained about cyrax would fucking lose it if he was MK9 cyrax. he had unblockable bombs on that one. and opponent still could win. he even had 100% resets and later 80%. on MK9 but on this one he is fair and people complained mostly because they didn't want to Practice. that is the gods honest truth, they would rather nerf a character to the ground than learn a matchup.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
no it doesnt matter how shitty your backdash is, the tech roll runins the launching all together, and then you can choose to jump instead of backdash. if you have a shitty backdash.

@THTB

yeah thats why Making the bombs mid would suck balls for cyrax.

i think he should keep the shitty Neutral but for god sakes give him a true mid. he needs that at least. then make Teleport launch like @PND_Mustard said. and possibly fix his net, don't know if you new this THTB but his Net at last half or last 3rd of the hold, opponent that is in the net can hit through it armor, and even backdash or block yes while they are still in the net. that is why cyrax mains will always get you in net then RC throw bomb and immideitely hit you with normal to juggle, thats why they don't wait even a fraction of a second, because if you wait longer than that quick RC cancel then they can block it or worse hit you into combo.

And yeah his HTB's are not really HTB's they are much easier to block, he has one true HTB in midscreen for a bar, that does 55% and thats cuz they use B2 low bomb while they are in net, but it requires the opponent to fuck up and lose to cyrax in the neutral, which is kindof an emarresing thing. but it is very very hard to block, maybe 3 frame link. but other shave 50% midscreens for less than a bar, nothing new, its like his tool after patch to get some very much needed Damage, i can't even explaine how much i cry when i do 4-7 bomb combos and hold you for days up there and all i get out of it is 32% at most meterless. its Complete bullshit. but at this point id ratherhvae Launching Teleport and decent mid that id keep him the same and just get thos eto things he very much needs and deal with the shit damage.
i will fucking Rage like hella if he loses Low bomb, like wow, that would be my tipping point. a shit character that is arguably below bottom Mid tier gets the biggest nerf known to MK id fucking freak. id point out every bs tool everyone had. i don't think any nerf besides that could make me feel like NRS was unjust as that.

but anyways lol. yeah he only need Launching Shrapnel Port and a Decent Mid and then im peachy with him, he wont be the best and he wont be the worst , but i could actually stop the BS neutral up close evry characte rhas on Cyrax. i could finally say nope by counter poke means its my turn for once.
Kenshi really needs a fast D4 think about that, his D4 would help get them away, so out of the pokes it would be the best one to use in the close up. give him a Scorpion D4 or close, its fucking 13 frames right now. and make OH slash and Teleflurry less recovery and id be happy.
Holy shit. Nice book

MadeOfMetal

@THTB You can do tech roll into backdash if Cyrax tries to break your armor or catch your delayed wakeup. But against tech roll into backdash, he can do a run into the kick sequence, or he can put a short ground bomb into a long ground bomb into run into F3 and catches you.

yeah Tech roll ruines everything cyrax does, its his Kryptonite but casuals complaine because they can't do Tech Roll consistantly. i have actually herd CASUALS call cyrax op top[ tier best in game, because they can't Tech roll. lol
you can also Tech roll into Armor or Jump back, the first bomb goes off after tech roll, so you can Armor and you won't get stuffed or armor broke.

But thats Casuals we know here at TYM he is bottom 20. Smoke and Sektor are very good though, i think to many people lump the borgs together, when they are all in different tier placements, and have completely different styles, and thats because they have very different Specials in each variation and very different Normals unique to each variation that sets them far apart.

MadeOfMetal

Gimme a mid and ex-tele launcher and I'm good.
same here lo that's what i said, hey would you like:

Shrapnel Port to retain Armor i do, but would you want it to startup armor quicker and retain the armor longer as well?

and about that mid, how about the one Ketchup and Mustard was talking about thats in the mobil, like: F4 into the last two hits of F211 so it would be F411 lol that would be dope. and -5 on block Mid, Mid, Low and it would add some diversity to his F4 starter, they would have to guess between F43 and F411 couldn't just block duck and punish anymore.

and would you want a damage boost like a small Adjustment to the Damage Scaling? maybe a 5-8% change, so he gets 37-39% on his best Meterless combo and normal ones would do around 38% at max. metered would get 43% with his best 1 bars? what do you think. they fucking removed like 25% on patch. like no shit thats how much Meterless was effected and noone knows. but us Cyrax mains, and i remember Smokes complainign about losing 5% when we lost 25% on certain combos.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
What if we made EX net usable after a regular net to serve as a restand or a combo extender, but all versions of low bombs will not come out? Only air bombs would work, so no fun-to-blockables and it would be helpful because it takes away the extra half a bar and lead into pressure.

Wigy

There it is...
i honestly think Mileena should be left alone, i say this with great hatred towardsa her as my brother mains her, but only thing in her kit that is remotely close to broken is B12 and thats because she can wiff it and still hit you before you get her trying to punish it. thats kinda broke, but not level of broke that say: Alien or Sonya or Tekada is. she is just good at all but not best at all. just really good all around. and i like her that way, she is the example of how you can make a character Very Good and still not be broke.
ONLY MILEENA NERF: plus 8 on recovery of B12. that would fix her torment, but she could still use the tool in neutral, just not repeat it like a mad women and get away with wiffing it. actually look at @SaltFace NS : he has a very good write up of what she needs. but like i said she to me is the only honest Top S tier character we have on this game.

I think only thing that should happen to Mileena is: her B12 gets additional 8 frames recovery.
Sonya should get: her Grenade should not be able to detonate and have a quick explode time, OR, it goes away when she gets hit on block or hit. (thats fair)
Tekada can be fixed by making EX kuni end quicker. like right after, but let others debate if it goes before you can hit oh or not. i think he should have the option but it should be one mixup not several.
Ermac Push needs adjustment
Alien JIP2 needs adjustment and his F134 xx Tail flip needs a gap maybe between F13(gap)4 xx tail flip.?

I wish i worked at NRS some times, i feel likle they do dumb shit, i really hope none of the characters get nerfed to the ground. they are cool characters and are fun, but they seem to ruin every Variation when they nerf one character. Example Triborg Cyrax suffered from CSZ and CSZ suffered from Cyrax.

And trust me, you do not want cyrax top 5. trust me i hear you cuz i used cyrax in MK3/UMK3 and MK9 and on this one as my main guy. but if you think you will get a last patch and all complainers will have to deal with it you are wrong. Top players will bitch and bitch and bitch and take away the cool things he has like HTB setups, honestly its only thing he has, since his older versions where unblockable, its the closest thing to it, and in this one they can escape every one if they know the matchup. but only reason they keep it on him without the haters taking it away is because he has a very bad Neutral, top 5 = decent neutral= nerfed Setups the core of cyrax. Mark my words. you gotta think of what would happen, we allready have Net taken away after Bomb connect. what more you wanna lose permanently?
on the other hand if they give him a good Mid that does not equal decent Neutral it equals a fighting chance up close. he is basically Kenshi close up right now.

why i defend HTB setups from Cyrax: @PND_Mustard :

its because Cyrax at his core has always been UnBlockable and there was no way to block, in MK9 there would never be the
Haters spouting Why is Cyrax boms not able to block. like they do now, they say ohh its an HTB Cyrax needs nerf, thats the first thing i hear because this whole thing on HTB's has happend and now the community thinks its unfair. well think of it this way. the HTB is a Super hard way to do what he did in all other games. but you have to use Input heavy timing based Setups to get them traped in it. and BTW this game is 1000X's fairer cyrax than MK9, this one you can escape it. on MK9 the escape was Jump after poke, well Cyrax mains knew there was only one escape on that setup and they just used 212Yank and you where held into bomb explaode. on MKXL you can escape all his setups. here is a simple Guide to go by when playing against Cyrax, Single bomb = Backdash/Armor, Double bomb Setups = Tech roll into Backdash/Jump/Armor.

In this game there is universal ways out of all his setups. To me that is fair, ist not like Cyrax can use bombs that are 30 frames recovery and throw them like bees attacking you untill an unblockable bomb hits, and the boimb take 70 frames to recover, ther eis no way for Cyrax to throw bomb then immediately go to Stagger string to force Bomb, Its a low and Bombs take to long to recover. so all those options for cyrax is out, on top of it, he has to hit you with a starter to even get them out sincer they are so Negative on Recovery.

Here i actually have a video to help all with Cyrax setups: I advise aginst blocking them, unless you are very very good at cblocking, if you are not, just Armor or backdash, but follow tutorial.

The difference rom me and others is ill explain to my opponent how to block and escape my Setups. i would rather my opponent be prepared so i have to get creative with m y setups. thats whats fun with cyrax to me.

The whole fad we had a while back when reaper made a video saying Cyrax setups where not escapable was moot he later admited that he forgot to set Tech roll to ON. and thats why his double bomb setups where escapable. funny when you look back, i remember how many people hated on Cyrax, and whats worse is we actually got some nerfs that didnt need to be done. "Just In Case Nerfs" on Oct 4th we get redemption i hope.
Her regular roll can be used on wakeup and certain characters have to hold it cause it goes under like all their mids except their pokes. That needs adjusted. Her tele into sai needs adjusted as its very inconsistent to punish if at all.
She should build a little less meter also.