What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Subzero story speculation

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Seeing as to how Subzero's 3rd style is Grandmaster, here's some food for thought.

If it is Kuai Liang then he somehow becomes human again and acquires the dragon medallion and leadership of the Lin Kuei. However, Scorpion accuses him of murdering his family in the trailer, as if this fight has not been done earlier in the story.

Subzero replies "I grow tired of maintaining our innocence". Our. He either defend's his brother's name, which means for some reason Scorpion is also hunting down Kuai Liang, or there's another twist.

Noob entered the soulnado, much like Scorpion, who was turned into the champion of the elder gods. Noob could have become the same as well and reverted back to his human form, with a twist.

Maybe the evil in his heart ( Saibot ) stuck with him, perhaps he's the same Subzero as he was before he died, maybe we have a Sub-Saibot duo.

Just a theory of mine.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
"Our innocence".
As we know, raid that took lives of Shirai Ryu happened a long time ago, diring medeival era, and was ordered (if not outright staged) by Quan Chi. Apparently, Scorpion is so hell-bent on revenge he doesn't give a shit that those guilty are long dead already (and he certainly doesn't know about Quan Chi's involvement), that's considering he's even aware of the time flow around him, which may be not really the case.

I imagine Lin Kuei (who may or may not have participated in that raid at all) grew really tired of Scorpion hunting anyone that bears Sub-Zero mantle and by the time of MKX some of them, including, obviously, another bearer of the mantle, are very willing to actually spill some Shirai Ryu blood (specifically, of the last one of them), thus "not maintaining Lin Kuei innocence any longer".

Edit: It's possible that said raid is recent business, depending on who you ask. Sure, in visions we are shown in MK9 we see medieval era environment and weapons, but then again, MK is wacky like that.

Last edited:

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Just saw this on facebook under the Kombat Tether inaudible dialog post.

Here’s what Kano says in a mirror match: “Well, look who we have here?”/”One of us is a fake!”/”One of us will die!” More intriguing is this interaction between the new Outworld emperor Kotal Kahn, and Ferra/Torr: “Join me!”/”You want enslave our people”/”I wish to restore you!”. And what does Quan Chi have to say to Sub-Zero? “I have your brother’s soul!”. Lastly, Sub-Zero answering a query about him supposedly being frozen in a block of ice: “Unlucky for you I decided to thaw out!”.

If this is true has anyone else seen the tweets? Could Bi-Han be Sub Zero?

Dark

Noob
Just saw this on facebook under the Kombat Tether inaudible dialog post.

Here’s what Kano says in a mirror match: “Well, look who we have here?”/”One of us is a fake!”/”One of us will die!” More intriguing is this interaction between the new Outworld emperor Kotal Kahn, and Ferra/Torr: “Join me!”/”You want enslave our people”/”I wish to restore you!”. And what does Quan Chi have to say to Sub-Zero? “I have your brother’s soul!”. Lastly, Sub-Zero answering a query about him supposedly being frozen in a block of ice: “Unlucky for you I decided to thaw out!”.

If this is true has anyone else seen the tweets? Could Bi-Han be Sub Zero?
Not sure where they'd get that since Quan Chi isn't in any of those inaudible dialogues.