What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster Subzero midscreen maximum wallcarry combo

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This really doesn't need its own thread but I really must stress the importance of Subzero's wallcarry. This new combo adds slightly more but I think the distance needs to be noted instead of people obsessing over other tools and neglecting it.

XB1 is a wonderful console which never cuts out parts of gameplay which should have been JIP B12 iceball.

This is your go-to combo midscreen, no exceptions.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
XB1 is a wonderful console which never cuts out parts of gameplay which should have been JIP B12 iceball.
Anyway, wall carry is huge. I posted this combo and have been using it since week one due to its potency. Erron Black and Sub Zero have the luxury of having many options to lead their opponent to the corner from well across the screen. Subby's corner game in MKX is arguably twice as lethal as MK9. I once had a dream I was in the corner and saw Kuai Lang looking right at me while I had no meter. Woke up screaming.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I didn't know it was a 2nd run after the first run jab. I have been hitting it without the extra run. Im sure i have just been lucky so far. ive been also using same bnb that are posed all over the SZ forums just replacing the normal ender after 242 with f33. They roll back to the corner every time and your opponent gets the same wakeup options so nothing has changed there. give alot of time for dashup/runup clone.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I didn't know it was a 2nd run after the first run jab. I have been hitting it without the extra run. Im sure i have just been lucky so far.
I guess I've been lucky too. I didn't know there was a 2nd run as well. lol

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I didn't know it was a 2nd run after the first run jab. I have been hitting it without the extra run. Im sure i have just been lucky so far. ive been also using same bnb that are posed all over the SZ forums just replacing the normal ender after 242 with f33. They roll back to the corner every time and your opponent gets the same wakeup options so nothing has changed there. give alot of time for dashup/runup clone.
So you were doing 1, 123 Slide and it works? I'll have to try later but i'd love to do that instead of the extra run cancel. Seems like it'd be tough for myself to pull off

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
So you were doing 1, 123 Slide and it works? I'll have to try later but i'd love to do that instead of the extra run cancel. Seems like it'd be tough for myself to pull off
yea im not sure if ive just been running deep so they pretty much drop on to the 123 but ive been hitting it ok.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
yea im not sure if ive just been running deep so they pretty much drop on to the 123 but ive been hitting it ok.
I'll have to give it a shot later today. Would be so much easier, took me a min getting use to the run combo stuff as it is

literally just posted that on Tuesday along with the 31% combo, thread just down below..... now I get what tom brady said *facepalm*

Embestone

Stoen
This may not mean much right now, but after practicing some midscreen combos that have been posted around I came up with these numbers on stamina usage.

Combo 1: 242 (run) 1 (run) 123xxSlide - 45% stamina

Combo 2: 242 (run) 1 123xxSlide - 25% stamina

Combo 3: 242 (run) 1 F4,2 xx Slide - 20% Stamina

Combo 1 I seem to get most consistently, oddly enough. Mainly due to the fact I've gotten good with run combos and It helps my timing

Combo 2 Seems to be more timing strict than the first combo, which I haven't quite gotten the timing down on this one yet. Requires more stamina than combo 3 because I run deeper to pull it off consistently. In other words, It could be improved.

Combo 3 is the Brady BnB, The one I personally land most consistently, and I've gotten the least stamina usage out of it by far.

Anyway, the point of this particular post is to maybe spark some discussion about how stamina conservation could be the way to go in the future meta of the game. A lot of things are tied to stamina, so I can understand that maybe in the future, people would pass up more wall carry for more stamina.

Of course, This could all be me overthinking things.

Last edited:

mrsz

O.G. SZ
I know this has been asked before but is there anything to make the first run -> 1 easier to hit or is it just practice? I find I can't run fast enough to hit them with the 1. Should I be buffering run after the last 2 in 242?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I know this has been asked before but is there anything to make the first run -> 1 easier to hit or is it just practice? I find I can't run fast enough to hit them with the 1. Should I be buffering run after the last 2 in 242?
That's the execution of the combo, it's not that difficult at all.

try doing S1 really fast and cancelling into a normal, don't cancel run into block but go straight into a normal.