What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zeros identity hinted in new dialogue!!

Na I believe its Kuai Liang, he got kicked into the soulnado so his fate is still unknown, Bi Han on the other hand got his soul taken by Quan Chi.

Kuai Liang is the would-be Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei that has become an unwilling partaker of the cyber initiative, killed by Super Sindel and revived by Quan Chi.

Bi-Han is the cold-blooded Lin Kuei assassin that once saved Earthrealm from Shinnok's forces of darkness, probably fought hundreds of dudes to get to Shang Tsung's Island (if MKM: Sub-Zero is anything to go by) only to get killed by Scorpion, returned from the Netherrealm as Noob Saibot, and got kicked into a soulnado.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Bi-Han is the cold-blooded Lin Kuei assassin that once saved Earthrealm from Shinnok's forces of darkness, probably fought hundreds of dudes to get to Shang Tsung's Island (if MKM: Sub-Zero is anything to go by) only to get killed by Scorpion, returned from the Netherrealm as Noob Saibot, and got kicked into a soulnado.
Sub-Zeros moves look a bit more deadly this time. And his eyes glow. And he calls scorpion a "Shirai Ryu Dog" so I think it's Bi

I hope the Lin Kuei started over with new ninjas. I dislike robots.

Not sure how it can be Bi-Han, because he would be speaking of himself in the third person.

When Quan says "your brother succumbed to me" he's obviously talking about Bi-Han, who was manipulated and turned into Noob under Quan's service at death.

So when he's saying "I am not my brother", he's essentially saying "I am not Bi-Han"

In which case he must be Kuai Lang, but he was turned into a cyborg, so it'd have to be explained why he is human again, unless of course there is a third brother.

Andromeda

I am Bard
Well, one month to go to wait for some story to actually get revealed. It honestly wouldn't bother me which brother is returning here. But, if it is Bi Han, I would definitely appreciate it so heartedly to make sure that Noob Saibot doesn't get fucked around. Such as, I don't want another character portraying as him, nor do I want to see it where Noob becomes whole after he and Bi Han's soul split. It would be just very predictable, and that's not the character I grew up to like.

Meh, either way, Sub-Zero is in and he's got a move I'm dying to see and make a video montage of.

AZTEC-GOD

I will kill you for sport.
Can't wait to find out, but I think it's Kuai Liang also : ) either way, if it is Kuai does that mean Noob Saibot is coming back!? Would make sense cos I think if Ed did away with Noob he'd make a lot of hardcore Noob fans really sad and disappointed. Think about it, Noob Saibot is HIGHLY requested and has a big fancies as much as the other ninjas and even I want to see him back. He was badass, and he didn't actually "die" so to speak. So Kuai is Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot is gonna come back :) Yay lol. #wishing

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Btw, what difference does it make. Its also possible that depending on variation you will play a "different" Sub0.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Not sure how it can be Bi-Han, because he would be speaking of himself in the third person.

When Quan says "your brother succumbed to me" he's obviously talking about Bi-Han, who was manipulated and turned into Noob under Quan's service at death.

So when he's saying "I am not my brother", he's essentially saying "I am not Bi-Han"

In which case he must be Kuai Lang, but he was turned into a cyborg, so it'd have to be explained why he is human again, unless of course there is a third brother.
But remember he now owns Kuai's soul. Who knows what he made Kuai Liang do as his new revenant.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Sounds like he said, "Your brother has succumbed to the chain" to me, but I'm probably wrong.

Bi-Han is ruled out since he's the heartless Noob Saibot now. Kuai Liang wouldn't even make much sense because he's also "succumbed to the chain", as in he's under Quan Chi's control.

Isn't there that 'Classic Sub-Zero' guy in UMK3 who apparently isn't really Sub-Zero? Who knows, maybe it's him.

Kuai Liang is the would-be Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei that has become an unwilling partaker of the cyber initiative, killed by Super Sindel and revived by Quan Chi.

Yea my bad I had the names backwards, so I think its Bi Han

why must you crush dreams. But really yes that make sense and you're most likely correct.
Although, we dont know what quan has done with Kuai's soul. So it could still possibly be Bi-Han.
Either way, its one of them and not someone new.

It doesn't have to be Bi Han or Kuai Liang or even a third genetic brother.

"Your brother" could mean any Lin Kuei member as clans often see each other as family and would refer to members as "brother".
Thats really stretching it. ahah i'd be annoyed if this were true.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Not really stretching it at all based on what's previously been said in interviews. I would bet on it either being a third brother or a random member of the Lin Kuei. Leaning more towards the latter.
I agree. Not that any direction they go would surprise me... but given a 25-year timeline, I'd find it more of a stretch to think the Sub-Zero we've seen is one of the originals. Doesn't show any signs of aging, and they've already established "Sub-Zero" to be more of a symbol, not a single character.