What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Sub-Zero Teaser - New Buffs and Reworked Attacks?

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Congrats to the Unbreakable players if true.

Meanwhile, I'll sit here drowning in my tears as I helplessly watch Ancestral fall to the abyss at the complete lack of love it has received.

REO

Undead
Yea dude, I just made a thread about this.

This buff will help him turtle the opponent as they won't be able to mindless chuck projectiles and have no real risk as they build meter, now that is completely squashed with a bar of meter, but, his issue is meter building...he literally does not have the move set to do this, and he already has to juggle a lot of other things that require meter.

His parry is pointless as his frames are all too negative to employ it, as most of his major strings are -6, with a 3 frame parry, and his normally parry isn't a true wake up attack, it also doesn't recover instantly on projectiles.

This buff is good, but there will need to be more before this variation can actually compete without taking a huge risk to play it...
There's been a rumor that apparently Unbreakable doesn't let the opponent build meter on block when he has ice aura up. Don't know how legit this is since it's all hearsay, but do you think it'll make it very good vs pressure based characters?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
There's been a rumor that apparently Unbreakable doesn't let the opponent build meter on block when he has ice aura up. Don't know how legit this is since it's all hearsay, but do you think it'll make it very good vs pressure based characters?
As good as that is, his issue is meter building. With the MB Slide Aura Buff, that will sort out opponents trying to build meter from a distance against him, but he can't build his own meter.

If the Ice Parry on projectiles recovered instantly and builds him meter for doing so, then that could also help.

He needs something to help him build meter drastically... blocking attacks and gaining meter would fold perfectly into this, because, where is he actually getting meter from?

Ice Balls/Zoning?
Heavy pressure?

He has none of those, so with all his tools, building meter will always be an issue, and the more I think about it, the more I realise that the opponent not building meter would be the opposite of what he needs.

UsedForGlue

New BnB gonna be b12 xx aura, 242, run 1, 123 ex aura icy slide, aura, NJP, b12 xx aura ice burst for 40%.
He desperately needs bar for everything, and this slide buff is more thing he has to manage. Spending meter on combos is the last thing he needs to do.

He is one of the bottom meter builders in the game, he doesn't build enough for something like this.

Honestly, he won't work until he builds meter for blocking in Aura stance...

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I like this buff, as it will give him more conversion potenital. But I've said it before and I'll say it again: NRS is patching in more and more ways for Subby to spend a bar of meter when the variation can hardly afford it as it is. The aura buff was a lot like this one: shiny and new. Lo and behold it turned out that the character still has issues. I'm skeptical, but good on NRS for going back to the drawing board.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
New BnB gonna be b12 xx aura, 242, run 1, 123 ex aura icy slide, aura, NJP, b12 xx aura ice burst for 40%.
HOLY SHIT!

By this logic, for 2 bars his corner combo off B12 should be damn near 50% --- especially if they adjust scaling.

B12 xx aura, B12 xx Ex frost bomb, B2 242, 123 xx Ex slide, whiff slide, B2 RC F42xx Slide

or ... Ex slide, whiff slide, NJP, FJP, 123 xx Slide

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
What do u think dualist needs? @FOREVER EL1TE
We have a thread dedicated to what he needs: http://testyourmight.com/threads/dualist-liu-kang-kommunity-project-proposed-dualist-buffs.57074/

We already got Yang Charge buff that doesn't go away after getting hit, but his Dark stance needs more. Let him charge further to level 3 if he stopped charging on level 1 or 2. Give him ability to cancel combos into DB1, a special that stops red orbs and you throw them. Healing should be stronger and maybe faster so that we could be able to do safe enough Healing Run Cancel without same advantage as Dragon's Fire, but at least safe enough to do gimmick pressure.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Yea dude, I just made a thread about this.

This buff will help him turtle the opponent as they won't be able to mindlessly chuck projectiles and have no real risk as they build meter, now that is completely squashed with a bar of meter, but, his issue is meter building...he literally does not have the move set to do this, and he already has to juggle a lot of other things that require meter.

His parry is pointless as his frames are all too negative to employ it, as most of his major strings are -6, with a 3 frame parry, and his normally parry isn't a true wake up attack, it also doesn't recover instantly on projectiles.

This buff is good, but there will need to be more before this variation can actually compete without taking a huge risk to play it...
I always felt that unbreakable builds the most bar out of any of the sub vars
Though its really specific
b12 ice aura b12 freeze whiff parry insta j1 242 run 1 run b12 burst builds a tonne of bar and pushes back to a range where you can whiff more specials based on match ups
That bnb alone builds close to 1/4 of a bar, potentially more based on what specials you whiff after
b12 being the starter does kind of limit it though

What do u think dualist needs? @FOREVER EL1TE
To make dualist a better character:
Stance switch to lose an extra 6 frames of recovery.
Orbs to have better recovery and to be able to cancel them on hit/block.
Healing needs to charge 1% every frame and a extra 5% when it's over.
Healing also needs better recovery. A lot of it.
Damage boost needs to have way better recovery and stay on hit.
Ex Solar Flare to not have pushback.
That would make dualist a solid character.
Now a god buff would be if his orbs absorb projectiles and gave him meter when it's absorbing an enhanced projectile.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
To make dualist a better character:
Stance switch to lose an extra 6 frames of recovery.
Orbs to have better recovery and to be able to cancel them on hit/block.
Healing needs to charge 1% every frame and a extra 5% when it's over.
Healing also needs better recovery. A lot of it.
Damage boost needs to have way better recovery and stay on hit.
Ex Solar Flare to not have pushback.
That would make dualist a solid character.
Now a god buff would be if his orbs absorb projectiles and gave him meter when it's absorbing an enhanced projectile.

Ok.... A %1 a frame for healing? That's 60% health in 1 full second lol, 30% in half second. Kinda OP.

Anyway, sorry to derail the topic guys, I was only curious. Mods can delete these posts or move them if they please.

UsedForGlue

I always felt that unbreakable builds the most bar out of any of the sub vars
Do you honestly build more meter with Unbreakable than Grandmaster?

Grandmaster can Klone, Ice Ball, Klone Throw, then loop, or Run F4 Klone, Ice Ball, Shatter (plus shatter block meter build), there is absolutely no meter building strategy in Unbreakable that even compares to this in Grandmaster.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think aura burst should not only do more damage but give it the EX burst properties as well as clone shatter frame advantage on block.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Do you honestly build more meter with Unbreakable than Grandmaster?

Grandmaster can Klone, Ice Ball, Klone Throw, then loop, or Run F4 Klone, Ice Ball, Shatter (plus shatter block meter build), there is absolutely no meter building strategy in Unbreakable that even compares to this in Grandmaster.
Clone builds the same bar as ice aura
Clone toss builds the same bar as ice parry yes
Clone throw is hardly safe though. People let people get away with it, but it isnt even safe from full screen.
Yeah its less bar than ice aura burst, but they are both unsafe.

You make it sound like f4 clone ice ball is completely safe and you cant do crap about it.
No character has completely safe meter building, but you're making it sound like its guaranteed.
Now I dont mean any disrespect with this, you are very much a top player. Just trying to discuss this.
Grandmaster might have a slight edge in meter build in the neutral.
Mid combo i'd say unbreakable has the clear advantage.

The specials which build the most bar are clone, clone toss, parry and ice aura.
The unbreakable b12 punish builds a tonne of bar.
And the standard punishes match the grand master meter build.

In the neutral
ice aura burst builds the same bar as ice clone burst
ice clone clone toss does build more by about 2%
you are right though, ice clone burst on block will definitely build more bar.

Laying everything on the table, gm might have a slight advantage i suppose
But I don't think unbreakable is as bad meter build wise as you make him about to be.

REO

Undead
Did anyone check to see if Unbreakable has this currently in the beta? Because Grandmaster has the ability to throw the clone downwards in the beta just like they shown in the Leatherface Cast.