What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Sub-Zero Teaser - New Buffs and Reworked Attacks?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Did anyone check to see if Unbreakable has this currently in the beta? Because Grandmaster has the ability to throw the clone downwards in the beta just like they shown in the Leatherface Cast.
He doesn't have the buff yet... :(

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Clone builds the same bar as ice aura
Clone toss builds the same bar as ice parry yes
Clone throw is hardly safe though. People let people get away with it, but it isnt even safe from full screen.
Yeah its less bar than ice aura burst, but they are both unsafe.

You make it sound like f4 clone ice ball is completely safe and you cant do crap about it.
No character has completely safe meter building, but you're making it sound like its guaranteed.
Now I dont mean any disrespect with this, you are very much a top player. Just trying to discuss this.
Grandmaster might have a slight edge in meter build in the neutral.
Mid combo i'd say unbreakable has the clear advantage.

The specials which build the most bar are clone, clone toss, parry and ice aura.
The unbreakable b12 punish builds a tonne of bar.
And the standard punishes match the grand master meter build.

In the neutral
ice aura burst builds the same bar as ice clone burst
ice clone clone toss does build more by about 2%
you are right though, ice clone burst on block will definitely build more bar.

Laying everything on the table, gm might have a slight advantage i suppose
But I don't think unbreakable is as bad meter build wise as you make him about to be.
I appreciate the detailed reply, but there is absolutely no way Unbreakable gets the chance to build as much meter as Grandmaster, that can't possibly be disputed...especially not at the highest level, and he defiantly isn't getting it from his offence as it isn't continuous, and once he spends the bar on a MB Aura, he never gains it back even slightly from his follow up.

In any match that he can sit behind the klone, then Ice Ball x2, or shatter or Klone throw and repeat, then he will always build tons of meter, and if you can do that in a certain MU (and even if you can't but the opponent has no meter or a solid projectile game), then there is absolutely no reason to Unbreakable...hence my entire point of his other variations not having his back at the highest level.

Also, Parries and Aura with Unbreakable are not nearly as common as Klones, Shatters, Ice Balls and Throws, and because Unbreakable doesnt have a Klone, he doesn't have access to this meter building, also Unbreakable can't get away with really any Ice Balls as it is too slow of a projectile to used outside of combos or absolutely fullscreen especially without protection of the Klone.

Also, Klone Throws are absolutely safe if you use them right, especially with the newer low throw, and by use them properly I don't mean throw them at the range an opponent can armour, but nobody uses the shatter, at least not like I do, which is when I think the opponent will either
A. Crouch and preempt a full screen Klone throw.
B. NJP or Non-active hit box throw the Klone.
C. Armour through either of the Klone throws.

But by anyone's theory, every move is unsafe if you use them out of context.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I appreciate the detailed reply, but there is absolutely no way Unbreakable gets the chance to build as much meter as Grandmaster, that can't possibly be disputed...

In any match that he can sit behind the klone, then Ice Ball x2, or shatter or Klone throw and repeat, then he will always build tons of meter, and if you can do that in a certain MU (and even if you can't but the opponent has no meter or a solid projectile game), then there is absolutely no reason to Unbreakable...hence my entire point of his other variations not having his back at the highest level.

Also, Parries and Aura with Unbreakable are not nearly as common as Klones, Shatters, Ice Balls and Throws, and because Unbreakable doesnt have a Klone, he doesn't have access to this meter building, also Unbreakable can't get away with really any Ice Balls as it is too slow of a projectile to used outside of combos or absolutely fullscreen especially without protection of the Klone.

Also, Klone Throws are absolutely safe if you use them right, especially with the newer low throw, and by use them properly I don't mean throw them at the range an opponent can armour, but nobody uses the shatter, at least not like I do, which is when I think the opponent will either
A. Crouch and preempt a full screen Klone throw.
B. NJP or Non-active hit box throw the Klone.
C. Armour through either of the Klone throws.

But by anyone's theory, every move is unsafe if you use them out of context.
Well, I know you can do bnbs like: b12, aura, b12, ice ball, walk back, whiff shatter aura, j1, etc. It helps but it isn't a lot. They may him the variation a new string to make the parry viable.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Going to have to respectfully agree with UsedForGlue on the meter building discussion. I'm always starving with Unbreakable, but Grandmaster is a meter feast and I even seem to do better with Cryomancer. Unbreakable is the first character (variation) that I have ever quit using just because they sucked. I played Solomon Grundy and Bane throughout Injustice (even before that Legendary October Patch), I played Sub-Zero, Kano, Baraka and Sheeva in MK9, and T. Hawk in Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. But Unbreakable... just too freaking terrible and the other characters and variations are SO much better. Ferra/Torr, Commando Kano, and Sungod Kotal baby :)