What's new

Strategy - Grandmaster Sub-Zero in lag

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
In laggy situations online, it's obvious that you can't play the way you would normally want to. It's clear nothing will be done about the netkode, so what do you Sub-Zero players do in these situations? I'll break it up into a few questions I have. For example, the double B2 corner combo won't connect for shit online.
1. What corner combo do you use off of the B2 starter online?
2. In lag should I stop using the F12 ender, and just use NJK to guarntee a Klone on the ground?
3. Are you having luck with shatter combos? If so, how can the current ones be modified to at least be able to connect in a laggy environment.
4. Midscreen what do you do? Do you abuse the lag now that slide is basically up punishable, do you use a jump in? What?
Anyways, thanks for reading through my scrubby ramblings.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
In laggy situations online, it's obvious that you can't play the way you would normally want to. It's clear nothing will be done about the netkode, so what do you Sub-Zero players do in these situations? I'll break it up into a few questions I have. For example, the double B2 corner combo won't connect for shit online.
1. What corner combo do you use off of the B2 starter online?
2. In lag should I stop using the F12 ender, and just use NJK to guarntee a Klone on the ground?
3. Are you having luck with shatter combos? If so, how can the current ones be modified to at least be able to connect in a laggy environment.
4. Midscreen what do you do? Do you abuse the lag now that slide is basically up punishable, do you use a jump in? What?
Anyways, thanks for reading through my scrubby ramblings.
The slide should get punished even in the worse lag possible. There are many other corner combos that are easy to do online and do only a bit less damage. Look at the combo forum.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The slide should get punished even in the worse lag possible. There are many other corner combos that are easy to do online and do only a bit less damage. Look at the combo forum.
This is beyond just needing new combos, I just don't know what to do in laggy environments while I get pelted with low minions and jump in kicks. Just looking for some advice on how to best make use of sub zeros strengths online.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Corner combo for lag
B2 242 11xxklone
Dash forward njp ji2 f12
Forgot the damage but that's the one that works best for me in lag
You lose damage but you keep the set up so its worth it for me

Yak

Noob
depends on how laggy it is, for the most part I just replace any back 1,2 after shatters with 1,1 instead. If F1,2 keeps failing I either end it with a slide and take the damage or I Neutral kick. I seem to drop the combo more with the hard knock down part than anything else.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Simple follow the "Brazilian Lagomancer tech" slide into uppercut, lag will make slide kindda safe (cryomancer)

PD: you need to live in Brazil and have one of those amazing 256kb smoke signal connections in order to pull this one!
"Smoke signal connection" is the funniest thing I've read today.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
What Sub-Zero does in lag:

Crossover jump punch
b2 or b33

You're over complicating it, man
Cross over jump punches are never good to use with sub zero
To jump over the opponent you have to be within d1/d3 range and sub zero has horribly slow pokes , best thing to do when your that close is backdash
Especially in lag because everyone else's low pokes get faster and subs gets slower
Ymmv

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Ji1 from midscreen has great horizontal hit box , but it doesn't link into b2
If going for the b2 instead of b33 you must use ji2 , which has great vertical hit but poor horizontal

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
This is beyond just needing new combos, I just don't know what to do in laggy environments while I get pelted with low minions and jump in kicks. Just looking for some advice on how to best make use of sub zeros strengths online.
Low Minions are easy to get around. Run(even full screen) just when you Think your opponent is going to throw out a Low minion. You can run even trough Overhead Minion is timed right.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Low Minions are easy to get around. Run(even full screen) just when you Think your opponent is going to throw out a Low minion. You can run even trough Overhead Minion is timed right.
I know they can be dealt with when things are working properly, Im talking like truly awful slideshow lag.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I never play ranked. Player matches seem so much more forgiving as far as connection is concerned.