What's new

General/Other Sub-Zero Ice Klone Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This would be a simple yet nice addition to his current MK9 ice clone... basically, could there be a way that if you catch your opponent in the ice clone and instead of always doing the same forward sword thrust, you could hit a different directional command for it to punish on different levels?

Got this idea by watching a video where the player got caught in the ice clone several times and it got kind of old seeing the same punishment being done.

Thoughts?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Storms I haven't seen him do an Ice Clone once, and I've watched all the Sub-Zero gameplay vids. I think your talking about his Icy Counter. where he encases himself in ice then attacks the person with his sword.

I miss the Ice Clone. /: I wanna drop a clone and try to trap the opponent to my advantage.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Looks like his Ice Parry works like an Ice Clone kind of....but different. I hope it doesn't work like MK 3's clone, that was busted lol.

But given how sub freezes himself, perhaps people can bait him into doing it and thus getting a free hit with a range move ie:fireball, projectile or in Ermac's case his TKS. :)

Great idea. Paulo might of mentioned it in the last MKast.

should be time-based. the faster you can input the command, the better the reward.

popup - fastest
3/4 hit combo - second fastest
etc

other ideas can be taunts while ur frozen to build meter. combo of choice like old games, a jumpover surprise attack like the impale (which renders some part of you disabled) or even some sort of extension to the sword combo.

i dont know im just throwing ideas out there. i just want to be able to use the air clone in a combo. sub needs an air game. its what makes him good imo. air clone in general. ftw.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Yes, this ^

Don't you agree? I think he should have more options than just his sword thrust.
Yes I agree. If Kung Lao has a grab that has command influences on it I don't see why Sub-Zero can't have a command counter.

That's a really cool idea. Would be awesome for spacing/corner-control, too.

He does have a version of it (must be the EX version) that just freezes the opp, and then you can do what you like to them. But it would be nice to have a few options from the standard version, if only to get some more interesting animations. But who knows? Maybe there'll be some hidden moves.

I totally agree with Death13 I miss the Ice Clone, The only thing better was his Ice pool that forced people to walk into his fist. But in seriousness that counter bull with the auto sword slash is BS i think id rather do a counter then rally for a low-med combo just to juggle them a little, instead of a one hit knock down. God i miss MK and MKII lol

Status
Not open for further replies.