What's new

General/Other Sub Zero enhanced icebeam and ground freeze glitch

kisan

Noob
enhanced icebeam does not scale damage at all if you freeze your opponent with it mid air. Doesn't matter if you combo it after a knockdown move(224) or they jump into it; will not scale your damage.

also the enhanced ground freeze breaks the double freeze rule if your opponent falls or jumps into it.
example 1: opponent jumps into your enhanced ground freeze. You can do 22~freeze and it WILL freeze them again allowing you to continue your combo
example 2: you combo 212~iceball and then use enhance ground freeze. Opponent will break from ice and fall into ground freeze and be refrozen standing up.

the enhanced ground freeze is impractical and will scale your damage to the extreme so it's not really an advantage but the enhance icebeam does give more damage than it should when the situation happens

kisan

Noob
the damage scaling is minimal anyways but nice noticing a retarded in-consistency or was it intentional?
there is NO scaling if they're frozen in the air with enhanced iceball. If they are frozen while standing it has the exact same scaling as a non enhanced iceball.

I literally just noticed this last night messing around in training mode. Anti air freeze, then let them fall onto ex ground freeze and theyll get refrozen

-Dammit_rab

ando1184

Noob
enhanced icebeam does not scale damage at all if you freeze your opponent with it mid air. Doesn't matter if you combo it after a knockdown move(224) or they jump into it; will not scale your damage.

also the enhanced ground freeze breaks the double freeze rule if your opponent falls or jumps into it.
example 1: opponent jumps into your enhanced ground freeze. You can do 22~freeze and it WILL freeze them again allowing you to continue your combo
example 2: you combo 212~iceball and then use enhance ground freeze. Opponent will break from ice and fall into ground freeze and be refrozen standing up.

the enhanced ground freeze is impractical and will scale your damage to the extreme so it's not really an advantage but the enhance icebeam does give more damage than it should when the situation happens
ive been trying to do the example 1 glitch but the rule still applies. is it an 360 only glitch bc im updated on ps3 and its the same balanced sub as always. although the air freeze n2 ex ground freeze does work.

kisan

Noob
ive been trying to do the example 1 glitch but the rule still applies. is it an 360 only glitch bc im updated on ps3 and its the same balanced sub as always. although the air freeze n2 ex ground freeze does work.
are you having the opponent jump into it? it won't work if you do it to a standing opponent, only happens when they mistime their jump and land in the ending frames of it. You can also tell if it worked because the opponent will scream while being frozen instead a grunt.

This is on a patched xbox and I can't test on ps3 but I would think it's the same

zee

Icy
I literally just noticed this last night messing around in training mode. Anti air freeze, then let them fall onto ex ground freeze and theyll get refrozen
I've been using this in a flashy combo for a while... it's not good for much, except maybe a couple respect points in king of the hill lol.

jp 212 freeze, EX ground freeze, jp 224 slide. It's 30something %, not really worth the extra bar IMO. Better idea to save meter for that airborne EX freeze goodness mentioned above.

kisan

Noob
I was messing around in training mode and found that the EX ice ball actually completely resets damage scaling if they're frozen mid air.
nj1,b12,212~slide = 29%
nj1,EX ice ball,b12,212~slide = 31%

both of these combos are exactly the same except for the added EX ice ball which instead of scaling the damage down more, (as it should) it resets it causing the remainder of the combo to do full damage.

ando1184

Noob
I was messing around in training mode and found that the EX ice ball actually completely resets damage scaling if they're frozen mid air.
nj1,b12,212~slide = 29%
nj1,EX ice ball,b12,212~slide = 31%

both of these combos are exactly the same except for the added EX ice ball which instead of scaling the damage down more, (as it should) it resets it causing the remainder of the combo to do full damage.
good find but a bar for only 2% is not much worth it imo. u might as well just ex ground freeze an air opponent and b1,2,1 for pressure resets and mindgames. plus that eliminates the chance of wakeup attack.

like this: nj1, dash b1,2 iceblast, ex GF, jps, b1,2,1 = 25% (27% if u add 1 before the b1,2 string)

only does 25% but it leaves the opponent standing staggered and that leaves u with options. u can dash in throw for 11% more, or immediately slide, or dash in d4 for a footsie mixup, or go straight into 2,2 mixups again, and if done in the corner, u can clone during the b1,2,1 recovery. i love that u guys found this whole ex GF thing because it makes sub a much more fun and original character.

kisan

Noob
good find but a bar for only 2% is not much worth it imo. u might as well just ex ground freeze an air opponent and b1,2,1 for pressure resets and mindgames. plus that eliminates the chance of wakeup attack.

like this: nj1, dash b1,2 iceblast, ex GF, jps, b1,2,1 = 25% (27% if u add 1 before the b1,2 string)

only does 25% but it leaves the opponent standing staggered and that leaves u with options. u can dash in throw for 11% more, or immediately slide, or dash in d4 for a footsie mixup, or go straight into 2,2 mixups again, and if done in the corner, u can clone during the b1,2,1 recovery. i love that u guys found this whole ex GF thing because it makes sub a much more fun and original character.
I'm not trying to get max damage with this combo. I'm simply showing an example of the glitch.
A very high damage mid screen combo is 224~ex freeze,214~slide which does a lot more damage than it should because the ex freeze is resetting the scaling.

ando1184

Noob
I'm not trying to get max damage with this combo. I'm simply showing an example of the glitch.
A very high damage mid screen combo is 224~ex freeze,214~slide which does a lot more damage than it should because the ex freeze is resetting the scaling.
yeh thats true too, i was just bringing up some of the mixup options off of the EX GF b1,2,1. i dont know y more ppl do this string, i mean i know 2,2 leaves u with lots of options but this string seems to allow more pressure options when included with ur 2,2 setups?