What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

Lokheit

Noob
Ahh... I see, much clearer now-----the same path I took on my other starters, thanks for the heads-up
f4 is probably the best move Subbie has across all variations to cancel into stuff instead of continuing the string. It makes many moves safe (ask GM and Unbreakable players what would they do without it) it has huge reach and you can cancel into anything.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
f4 is probably the best move Subbie has across all variations to cancel into stuff instead of continuing the string. It makes many moves safe (ask GM and Unbreakable players what would they do without it) it has huge reach and you can cancel into anything.
F4 is a godsend.... sorry for the mind blank on the f4 link I should have known beter. I'll spend more time in the lab, but if you find more combos could you post them in the new combo thread? We need to get that thing up and running.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
As in f4xxicebal f421+3 etc
hey buster, i was right, cryo is great, what i find on data is his f42,l1 has 123 frames of cancel so there is not rush to cancel it into slide, hammer,bombs or ice balls, i just did all four by simply pressing f42,l1xxinto the special nice and smooth, it works, then i did the same real fast, it works, then i got casual about the cancel and lo and behold it works for all the specials i mentioned, this is really going to be a go to special move kombo until people on line get used to it and expect it, kc

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Guys i cant seem to get the timing down to do a special out of Cold blooded string lol. Any tips?

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Guys i cant seem to get the timing down to do a special out of Cold blooded string lol. Any tips?
the nice thing about this kombo is that it has a cancel of 123(yes that is right 123 frames,WOW,i could win an entire 3 round match with that about of time) so you can do it fast, slow or medium, but it must be done no later that when he stabs both ice picks in to the opponents chest, i have even got it to kombo into a special move as the picks are entering the opponents chest, that is the luxury of the buff, is you have time to spare for this

Last edited:

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
I actually like that they have multiple variants so that other players who don't like playing defensively can now enjoy possibly their favorite mk character that they have never liked playing before.

BUT

I would love GM to have the sword strings (don't really need or want the hammer) and the F42 ending in neutral string.

And yeah, np dude. We're all sub zero fans in here. I'll help when I can. :)
hi again thanks for the help, i really do appreciate it

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
excuse me
this prick was calling sz players dickriders, and i was standing up for the sub z players, so dont tell me exuse me, go tell that gangsta boa to piss off, he started it, and i put trash in their place when they desire it

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Kencheese calm down dude , certainly considering he's kinda right. Don't worry bout two weeks from now all these tier hunters will be gone cause everyone's gonna realize cryo really didn't change that much. I'll still be here, you will still be here , The best buff he got was 111xxiceball and nobody even talks about it. He gained 3% damage buff on his one meter bnb , whoopty do!

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Kencheese calm down dude , certainly considering he's kinda right. Don't worry bout two weeks from now all these tier hunters will be gone cause everyone's gonna realize cryo really didn't change that much. I'll still be here, you will still be here , The best buff he got was 111xxiceball and nobody even talks about it. He gained 3% damage buff on his one meter bnb , whoopty do!
okay, thanks for the advise i just love cryo, to tell you big buster boy, i been komboing 111xxiceballs against the cpu for weeks now, as of today it appears a little more effective, but i do like his f42l1 into a special the only problem i see is they should have given it a slightly faster start up as well, i used it against the cpu on hard mode tonight and have at times been out poked so i do agree with you that the biggest change is the 111 into iceballs and like you said no one has talked about it, so i kept my mouth shut since iam so inexperienced at this game, and dont want to be an idiot for saying something, have a nice night!!!!!!! one last thing for me the easier canceling into iceballs is f33 or f3,f4,12,11,111,f1,f2 i have a hard time with b12 and b33 it is just my screwed up hand coordination, i love f33 with its start up of 9 frames and that it is a safe move, even knowing that for attack button 1 is safer than 2 which is safer than 3 which is safer than 4, if iam wrong please let me know, i really want to learn as much of the basic fundamental that i can the other thing i have learned against the cpu on hard is for me it is best to stick to nice basic/safe mini special move kombos of a damage range between 12 to 22 percent but thats just me again thanks for the calm down talk and again have a nice night butt_buster, just kidding you

Last edited:

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
ah shit i forgot about this

ive been doing 11xxice ball all day
i have been using 11 into ice balls along with 111 for some time now, i love it, but for me the best is f33 since it is so safe then 11 next, but with the change i found 111 to be nice and smooth tonight

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
ah shit i forgot about this

ive been doing 11xxice ball all day
i not real good at this game so take it for what it is worth and iam sure you are very expericence like boba buster, but for me i get good result against the cpu on hard mode with f33 or 11 or 111 into ice balls then i like to do

b2~bf4 or
b2 run cancel into f42xxslide (or f42L1xxslide orxxicebomb~slide or xxiceball again) or
f242~slide or f242~RC f33 or f242~RC f42xxslide now will also do f242~RC f42L1xxspecial move, just a thought

Try f4-iceball-jip-b2run-f42Grab-hammer.[/QUO
your the only cock rider here you ass wipe fuck shit, oka gansta boa, fricken hood rat, act like a person instead of savage boy
Lol y u so mad

There are going to be tons of new Sub-Zero players because he's now much easier to play and win with in all variations. As in, people who never played him before who only play him now because they think he's the next Predator/Tanya/Lao/Quan. Soooooo ease off that rock fuccboi

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Air ice hammer has no height restriction, never knew that. Works somewhat like a divekick to blow up checks and getting around AA attempts.