What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Enhanced throw is the ghetto version of the + restand Cold Blooded should have. I've used it in all or nothing situations where I either needed the reset or I was going to lose. Similar to the ice ball > jip, b12/ f12 gimmick.

Ex: Corner, b33 ex crushing hammer, jik, b12 xx ice ball, njp, jip, MB throw... B2/ b33/throw.

MB throw is better used in GM if you don't feel like dealing with a powerful wake up game.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm still trying to find a justiable use for the enhanced throw, it seems like a waste of meter bars.
The use for the enhanced throw is to give you advantage to use either your overhead or low combo starter so you create a flip coin situation to start a combo instead of dealing the 12% damage of the throw. I don't use it mostly because Cryomancer is too meter hungry but I can see certain characters and players having an use for it.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Any good cryo corners other than b2 b2 f421+3 ?
That's the best way to go mathematically. 2,4,2 has no use on Cryomancer because the last hit of that string scales damage a lot hindering your Cold Blooded damage. You can always try landing a jab before the F4, but the damage increase is small and makes it harder to connect.

ArsonX

Noob
That's the best way to go mathematically. 2,4,2 has no use on Cryomancer because the last hit of that string scales damage a lot hindering your Cold Blooded damage. You can always try landing a jab before the F4, but the damage increase is small and makes it harder to connect.
Good point. That short corner is really amazing damagewise

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
B33 xx crushing hammer, jik, b12 xx ice ball, njp, jip, f42 1+3 is pretty good for a low starter. If you want to spend a bar on the b2, you can b2, b12 xx crushing hammer, jip, f42 1+3 for something like 40% (you can do this mid screen to males without the jip). Is the extra few point of damage worth it? Probably only mid screen.

A lot of the time I can get an air-to-air jip after a corner cold blooded. There you can jip, b2, f42 1+3 for a pretty good conversion. You can do this with a high jik as well for some more damage.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@kencheese, my Lin Kuei dude , what move is df1? Is that a typo, or am I blanking? Also, cold blooded doesn't combo into f33, that's more like a follow up. And I don't think 111 combos into b2, it's like a very positive hit string into another mix up. But that is a good idea.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
@kencheese, my Lin Kuei dude , what move is df1? Is that a typo, or am I blanking? Also, cold blooded doesn't combo into f33, that's more like a follow up. And I don't think 111 combos into b2, it's like a very positive hit string into another mix up. But that is a good idea.
sorry df2(hit wrong number)and yes 111 does not cancel into b2 [ cancel(xx) vs link=follow up to due to hit stun(~)] and again with 242 let opponent reach top of launch and at that point that the recovery frames of 242 have expired you can slide and hit the opponent just off the ground like a juggle, also try f122~242~slide does lots of damage just remember when starting with 242 alone it is not safe so use it wisely, also try this link when recovery for 242 expires

f112~242~run cancel into f42 if you want add the L1 but remember f42 is safe but f42,L1 is not but if f42,L1 lands, and while the opponent is in hitstun and you recovery frames have expired go into f33 immediately and you really knock the opponent good and hard scott also for me 242 is the same as f242, try it, for me it is much easier to be pressing forward as you do 242, result for this particular move is the same scott have fun

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
sorry df2(hit wrong number)and yes 111 does not cancel into b2 [ cancel(xx) vs link=follow up to due to hit stun(~)] and again with 242 let opponent reach top of launch and at that point that the recovery frames of 242 have expired you can slide and hit the opponent just off the ground like a juggle, also try f122~242~slide does lots of damage just remember when starting with 242 alone it is not safe so use it wisely, also try this link when recovery for 242 expires

f112~242~run cancel into f42 if you want add the L1 but remember f42 is safe but f42,L1 is not but if f42,L1 lands, and while the opponent is in hitstun and you recovery frames have expired go into f33 immediately and you really knock the opponent good and hard scott also for me 242 is the same as f242, try it, for me it is much easier to be pressing forward as you do 242, result for this particular move is the same scott have fun
sorry again i was in a hurry last night, i was on call and got called into ER to treat a patient the 242 into f33 you need a run cancel sorry for the confusion
242 let opponent hit peak of launch then hit ffR2 to run to opponent then his f33 practice and it works, also instead of f33 use f42 both are safe, just takes lots of practice in the lab, it took me weeks to get it down pat, then went to medium mode and one it got it down there iam able now to do it on HARD, it works

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Holes in your plan like Swiss cheese , y would you not link the last hit of cold blooded when the opponent is already juggled? Us said use l1 if u want but it's not safe. Your opponent can't block if he's in the air dummy

boba_buster

Noob saibot
sorry again i was in a hurry last night, i was on call and got called into ER to treat a patient the 242 into f33 you need a run cancel sorry for the confusion
U got called to treat a patient in the er and you still took time to post sum bullshit on the internet? Ur horrible dude

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Ya it's called aging a life you anal sniffing dick cheese, get your tongue out of your moms houch and shut your forest gump mouth, open your eyes and ears and pick up some good ideas I this site from others, that's what I did and these are the moves that I instill daily into my fighting protocol, WAKE UP U DICK IN THE MOUTH!!!!,!

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Damn u got me lol , wanna play? U on ps4?
Do
Damn u got me lol , wanna play? U on ps4?
NO, nothing personal, I do not play online, due to the corruption of all games with online play, I only play against people i know personally but most of my time is playing against the CPU on HARD, love it, now starting to tackle very hard, on very ard you really have to come out of block at 1/60 of a second and have to attack the first 1/60 of a frame post recovery and not just stand wasting frames, Have fun and maybe open yourself to learn something, that is why iam learning how to fight and have a near 78% win on hard at my age having only played mkx since late June, knowing I have never played mk before and got my first PS back in nov. it's called I know nothing, but want to know, that's how you absorb knowledge, question and then apply , analyze and readjust, try it u might realize u are not as good as u think u r, I know nothing but want to know over and out. Kc