What's new

General/Other Sub-Zero Costume Inventory

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I main a fairly popular character, and I prefer having a little individuality in how my character looks. Since there is no costume creator, DLC content is my best bet. I'm still holding out hope for character-specific DLC costume packs (3 skins for $5 sounds reasonable to me, although I'd likely pay more for Sub-Zero skins).

Below is a preliminary list of costumes that are currently available as well as possible DLC costumes.

Of the bunch, which would you consider purchasing? Also, any images of costumes that I've forgotten? I personally prefer the MKvsDC and "random fanart" costumes myself, and absolutely hate the Deception alternate costume.

Costumes we have so far:

MK9 Kuai Liang

MK9 Bi-Han

MK1 Classic

MK3 Unmasked

Possible DLC Costumes:

Deception

Deception Alternate

MK vs DC

Old Man Subby

Random Fanart

Kwon

---->----
"Old Man Subby" as you call him, is from Deadly Alliance! :)

Sub-Zero in MK: Deadly Alliance, The Aging Icehand!

Sub-Zero in MK: Armageddon

Sub-Zero in MK: Deception (Fancypants/Shredder-Outfit) A Favorite!

Sub-Zeros Outfit in MK: Shaolin Monks (Not so special)

Sub-Zero in MK VS DC (Interesting and decorative chestpiece and Shoulderpads!)

Theme

Noob
I main a fairly popular character, and I prefer having a little individuality in how my character looks. Since there is no costume creator, DLC content is my best bet. I'm still holding out hope for character-specific DLC costume packs (3 skins for $5 sounds reasonable to me, although I'd likely pay more for Sub-Zero skins).

Below is a preliminary list of costumes that are currently available as well as possible DLC costumes.

Of the bunch, which would you consider purchasing? Also, any images of costumes that I've forgotten? I personally prefer the MKvsDC and "random fanart" costumes myself, and absolutely hate the Deception alternate costume.
I dislike the Alternate Deception, but I like the rest. My favorite has got to be Random fanart. Its creative. If Sub Zero is becoming Grandmaster of Lin Kuei, I think his deception outfit looks the most... intimidating.

retic

Noob
i actually LOVE the MK Deception ALT costume; ninja monk look ftw!

Maybe if you cut and pasted the head of MK Deception alt to say....MK3 unmaksed subby, that would be interesting. :)

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Kwon, thanks for posting the costumes I'd forgotten! =)

i actually LOVE the MK Deception ALT costume; ninja monk look ftw!
0_o

Well, I guess this illustrates my point perfectly about individuality. You'd probably be one of only a handful of people that use that costume. =)
Still, I'd gladly have it included in a costume pack.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
My favourite one is there so I'm happy. Bi-han looks best and I would be happy with Mk3 as well. All others are boron.

The Deception one is probably my favourite. I'd love to see that in MK9. I really like the Deception alt. as well, actually. If I had a choice of any of them, I'd pick those two.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
You would pay $5 for 3 alt costumes...dude, dont give game developers any more reason to jack of prices for basically NOTHING. Alt costumes should be no more than $1 a piece. DLC characters should be no more than $3 a piece. They are butt raping us on price and you're like "HAR HAR HAR, I'd pay more!!@!@@!" come on man...

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Always had a great dislike for the unmasked sub-zero (completely takes away the mystery about this character) and the ice arm's they added latter look retarded imo.

Don't really like the deception ones either. Doesn't seem like the character at all....

By far the original Mk9 design is the best.

As for Bi-han. Anyone else thing they should just change Noob's name to Bi-han now. The name Noob in this day and age is a bit lame for such an awesome character design.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I highly dislike the deception Sub.

I want to have the one in my avy. The masked UMK3 sub i believe.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I always rock the alternate 1st (dark blue Sub ftw). Unmasked Sub looks pretty good, too, but I prefer Sub to look like a ninja.

Massicus

Noob
I really dislike men with Ponytails (I cant play as Shang Tsung without his 2d Alternate costume) but the Deception Alternate looks really cool, I'd love to see the Shredder one too, but I think its going to take a while before we get more Sub-Zero costumes.
(I still think Jax,Sonya,Kano,Sheeva ?,Shang Tsung,a Cyber-Smoke (Unless its the old Cyrax skin with the grey color) have priority for the compability packs)

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I wouldnt mind the Fancy-pants Shredder outfit. That said Subby doesnt really need anymore costumes, I agree with Massicus its time one of the non-ninja/ cyborg characters got something.

Ayx

Omnipresent
I actually think his MK vs DC costume was bad ass. Well, I liked his sound bites when he yells more than anything else in that game. ):

But I'm sure if they're going to cash in and keep remodeling on Pallet Swaps for now, it'll take aeons before they want to take some time to make some appealing costumes. I don't think his Shredder outfit would really sort of fit him at this point, he's still that brother ninja. His shredder makes him look like some sort of General and doesn't really fit with the current Time Line.