What's new

Question Sub zero Blocked string ? and ermac question

I played enough MK9 against the computer to be decent. Yesturday was the first time I played against a human. we were about equal in skill and traded game

He played ermac and smoke. now usualy against CPU that block I can go like 2,2,4, clone and nothing ever hapens to me

But against the guy, it seems he could easily punish the clone after the string with a back forward 1 with ermac. And with smoke He could smoke bomb me into a combo, timing was harder though

I did not expect that, anyways I ended up having to do some slide or hadoken after the 224 string just to make him respect a bit my clone. But like all this is not safe. It suck no ? not sure what to do. Any good safe string ?. Can many other character punish you if they KNOw you do 224 clone ?

I have to say I was kinda disapointed with sub-zero for my first experience.

also against ermac it looks hard. Like i have to get in close. and there is a range he can punish my blocked fireball with back forward 1. and then there is a range i can punish his back forward 1 with slide.

So like what usualy hapens is I dash block , dash block untill i get in close range and hope I time a block on his back forward 1. So I can slide and get a knockdown. But like sometimes he just jump at me and I am like a siting duck pressing block ater dash . And its very hard to react to his jump while your holding block. clone looks too slow with my relex and same for uppercut

not sure what I can do ?

Fate

Noob
Ermac is hard to figure out. Even I have trouble with him. Others can help you more but I'll say Ermac players capitalize on mistakes. If they catch you slipping you will eat a TKP and have to begin all over. If they spam projectiles you can trade an iceball for a JPS 214 slide combo. Dash block in and make them make the mistake. Punish any and all mistakes but be careful. It's weird but I'd say be aggressive yet safe. I can usually punish teleports with 22 Ice B2(whiff)1 214 Slide for good damage. Really good Ermacs will play a lot of mind games. Don't jump in on them if you're not super close. They will TKP you. On wakeup watch out for TKP also.

224 clone can be caught by TKP because it bypasses the clone and catches you on recovery of clone. If he does jump in on you, clone. He will catch it and you can combo. Try to poke him out of his strings and mix it up a lot. Best advice I can give. You'll get better playing more and more against humans.

ando1184

Noob
against those 2 i wouldn't throw out the clone and its better to just bait them. ermac has bad wakeup options so jus get in his face and make him tech slam or punch, block it then get ur free combo. smoke tries to zone and the best strategy ive had vs smokes is in his face 2, 2 pause 2, 2 or 2,2 throw or slide mixups. try using 2,2's with throws and ducking moves really. subs strongest string is 2,2 and by strongest i mean most effective bc of all the mind games u can play with it and the range its capable of, thats ur best friend. the only reason i wouldnt do 2,1,4 slide or 2,2,4, slide too much is bc the slide can be fuzzy guarded and then u eat a full combo.

VRbrada

Noob
against those 2 i wouldn't throw out the clone and its better to just bait them. ermac has bad wakeup options.
er...what?bad wake up options?no!seriusly no!he has this i donr recall the name anyway this think that grabs you from the ground!liu kang has bad wake ups for example not ermac!no!

Dark_Rob

Noob
er...what?bad wake up options?no!seriusly no!he has this i donr recall the name anyway this think that grabs you from the ground!liu kang has bad wake ups for example not ermac!no!
What he means by bad is the telekenetic lift is hella unsafe on block up close. If you bait out a lift on wakeup and block it, Sub punishes with full combo.

Loot

the special effects
Ermac's wake up options are horrible, he has no means of escaping unless your opponent is dumb and throwing out silly strings in which they will eat a TKL and he gets a free combo. But if they have him cornered and go for a cross up or simply just block he's in a very bad position.