What's new

Tech - Grandmaster Sub-Zero (all variations): Option Select Thread

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I did not see one already made, so I thought that I would go ahead and create a thread for option selects. This will act as a single point of reference for all Sub-Zero option selects that have been or have yet to be discovered.

Now, with that being said........I don't know of a single option select, lol. :p

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
I did not see one already made, so I thought that I would go ahead and create a thread for option selects. This will act as a single point of reference for all Sub-Zero option selects that have been or have yet to be discovered.

Now, with that being said........I don't know of a single option select, lol. :p
OMG i was just about to make this thread xD
but I just seen one on YT and its only usable on stick/hitbox where you input Forward 4 then cancel it into a certail qc directional turn and 124 at the same time. Or something like that.
I was just about to ask if theres any available OS's for pad that us Sub-Zeros can use, as there are a lot for other characters making already safe characters, more safe. With subby being unsafe on everything but F4, he kinda needs this :p

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Well, you can cancel any string into an ice ball and before the ice ball comes out press any directional input (down for example). This way the ice ball only comes out on hit and doesn't come out on block. This is a practical OS to do.

You can take that a step further with GM, and instead of the directional input, you input db2. If you time it right, what this does is the string will cancel into an ice ball on hit and a clone on block, which is complete bullshit if you ask me, but hey this is what we have.

Of course you can do that with slide, clone, ice shatter... etc., instead of ice ball but I don't really see a situation where you need that.

Houndovhell

Well, you can cancel any string into an ice ball and before the ice ball comes out press any directional input (down for example). This way the ice ball only comes out on hit and doesn't come out on block. This is a practical OS to do.

You can take that a step further with GM, and instead of the directional input, you input db2. If you time it right, what this does is the string will cancel into an ice ball on hit and a clone on block, which is complete bullshit if you ask me, but hey this is what we have.

Of course you can do that with slide, clone, ice shatter... etc., instead of ice ball but I don't really see a situation where you need that.
Okay, just figured it out. For the string into clone/ball, you do this it should look like(ex B12 string)
B1,2~DF2~DB - its tight, but it works pretty easily. Set the Practice Dummy to Auto Block and go back and forth working on it and your hand-eye-coordination.

EDIT: also, b,33~ex Ice Ball, dd ) is going to come in handy. It doesn't spend the meter unless you let it continue:)

Braindead

Okay, just figured it out. For the string into clone/ball, you do this it should look like(ex B12 string)
B1,2~DF2~DB - its tight, but it works pretty easily. Set the Practice Dummy to Auto Block and go back and forth working on it and your hand-eye-coordination.
Yeah that's how it's done.

To make 100% sure that you're doing it correctly, record the AI to do the inputs, and you try to block/unblock at random and see if you get different results. If you set the AI to auto-block or random block (I think there's such a thing?) and you do the inputs yourself, you can't really tell if the other option will come out correctly.

Houndovhell

Yeah that's how it's done.

To make 100% sure that you're doing it correctly, record the AI to do the inputs, and you try to block/unblock at random and see if you get different results. If you set the AI to auto-block or random block (I think there's such a thing?) and you do the inputs yourself, you can't really tell if the other option will come out correctly.
Ahhh, that makes sense. I was wondering if autoblock messed up things, cause when I was doing scorpions OS earlier, it felt like it was messing up alot when it shouldn't have. :p Thanks for clarifying

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
B33 and B12 are fine to hit confirm so I think I'll probably just play this one by ear.

11 could benefit from it for me, but it's so fast that I barely have time to get the Iceball inputs in afterwards so I worry about trying this.

What I'd like to see is tech for cancelling F33 into ex Iceball if the low connects, but not if it's blocked, and this is assuming the first hit is blocked everytime, because I can't hit confirm off this otherwise I'd be using it over B33, safer, more damage, bigger reach and bigger carry. Does anyone know about this?

Houndovhell

B33 and B12 are fine to hit confirm so I think I'll probably just play this one by ear.

11 could benefit from it for me, but it's so fast that I barely have time to get the Iceball inputs in afterwards so I worry about trying this.

What I'd like to see is tech for cancelling F33 into ex Iceball if the low connects, but not if it's blocked, and this is assuming the first hit is blocked everytime, because I can't hit confirm off this otherwise I'd be using it over B33, safer, more damage, bigger reach and bigger carry. Does anyone know about this?
Just tested it out. F33~Iceball (not on hit->) DD (allows final hit)
So yeah, this works:)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
He's got a dumb one off b33, I believe it can be done off most strings. Its tight but it is possible in the heat of things. And the execution of it is so dumb. You literally just put in the inputs for both specials, ice ball comes out on hit, clone on block.

In this vid, i recorded the dummy doing the inputs for the OS, I blocked the first and let the replay reset and then let go of block. The inputs are not being done twice, its literally the same recording playing back twice in two scenarios to demonstrate the OS.

Houndovhell

He's got a dumb one off b33, I believe it can be done off most strings. Its tight but it is possible in the heat of things. And the execution of it is so dumb. You literally just put in the inputs for both specials, ice ball comes out on hit, clone on block.

In this vid, i recorded the dummy doing the inputs for the OS, I blocked the first and let the replay reset and then let go of block. The inputs are not being done twice, its literally the same recording playing back twice in two scenarios to demonstrate the OS.
I'm literally doing it as fast as possible while maintaning accuracy and only the clone comes out on block? maybe its because im on xb1? doing it in the corner, everything comes out in under half a second, no errors, but no ice ball on hit. grr <,<

Braindead

I'm literally doing it as fast as possible while maintaning accuracy and only the clone comes out on block? maybe its because im on xb1? doing it in the corner, everything comes out in under half a second, no errors, but no ice ball on hit. grr <,<
Slow down a bit. You want to enter the ice ball inputs in the hit cancel window and the clone inputs in the block cancel window, which follows a bit later. You don't want to cram all the inputs in the hit cancel window, otherwise that would mess up the ice ball on hit.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You can hit confirm 2 hit strings... why do you need to do this? lol

So many inputs for what you can recognize and input less accordingly.

Now, it's worth it for things like the F33

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
F4 xx Clone/Ice Blast right now is the best one that he has. When the opponent doesn't have meter, the other ones into Clone/Ice Blast are still fine though. B12 into nothing on block or Ice Blast on hit is pretty good too imo.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Just tested it out. F33~Iceball (not on hit->) DD (allows final hit)
So yeah, this works:)
What timing am I shooting for here? I've practiced like 30 times and got it twice. I keep getting hit confirm off the first hit, where it goes through if I don't block, but doesn't go through if the mid gets blocked.

I want to assume the mid gets blocked but the low goes through, and if this happens the Iceball casts, if the low gets blocked, I want the Iceball to hold so I can just block off literally our safest string. I nailed it like twice recording AI, wondering if you know what timing I'm shooting for here, because if it can't be made consistent, then it's still inferior to just hitconfirming a B33 unfortunately. I'd love for this to work though.