What's new

Guide Sub VS Kitana

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
'more work' is not what i would use to describe this MU lmao. If anything, it takes 'more work' to not want to off yourself in the middle of the match cause you can't get get a piece of this bitch lol. At the 'HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL' I just don't see it happening. She has no reason to give you ANYTHING to punish while building retarded meter.....and the jumping for free.....ohh I could go on lol. I still play the MU....doesn't mean I am very happy about it though.
bro hug.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
This mu lol
My thoughts exactly.... -_-

It's like fuck man, I look at the numbers Minoutis has....kenshi at 8-2(9-1 on the emo days) and kitana at 7-3....

And then I look the options sub has in this match...how in the fuck is it any better?! I don't see it.

In terms of the tools in the current meta, no way man. Winning this match is not happening. Especially in a ft2 format. Your thoughts?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
My thoughts exactly.... -_-

It's like fuck man, I look at the numbers Minoutis has....kenshi at 8-2(9-1 on the emo days) and kitana at 7-3....

And then I look the options sub has in this match...how in the fuck is it any better?! I don't see it.

In terms of the tools in the current meta, no way man. Winning this match is not happening. Especially in a ft2 format. Your thoughts?

I doubt Kitana is as bad as Kenshi. At least with Kitana if Sub can somehow get a big lifelead he can make life hard for her with extreme turtling. You can play the Tom Brady time out game. Kenshi is too free to play his game at all times.

It's possible to win a FT2. Tom and I have played this MU a lot and he can never win sets but when he's on point he can get his share of wins. Our set at PowerUp 2012 was 2-1. It'd be like me finally beating Pig in tournament. Extremely tough and may never happen but possible.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
The Kitana MU is like that one dominatrix that you like JUUUUST enough so that you get your enjoyment from all of the punishment that is being dealt to you.

The Kenshi MU is like that one dominatrix that's way too rough on you and makes you do a double take on all of your past lifestyle choices.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Lulz..I do a little sub v Mr. Mileena for posterity, but once he's done destroying me I switch to smoke where I do marginally better haha
Well, I mean... You can win a match every now and then like... I'll be Gr8one, birdsongs, etc every now and then but the mu is just stupid. half a mistake and the match is over.

It's best to just pick someone else.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The Kitana MU is like that one dominatrix that you like JUUUUST enough so that you get your enjoyment from all of the punishment that is being dealt to you.

The Kenshi MU is like that one dominatrix that's way too rough on you and makes you do a double take on all of your past lifestyle choices.
ummm
what do I say to this?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Any Kitana who knows this matchup isn't going to even give Sub the luxury of a trade with ice ball and fan. Sub can lame it out, but Kitana can lame it out just as much in this particular matchup. IMO, Kitana has absolutely no reason to rush unless she somehow loses life lead. Even if I trade one iAF (which from midscreen or further will recover quick enough to block a slide or iceball), the walking backwards begins.

No Kitana is just going to randomly throw out her ass either. Generally, we'll wait until the Sub throws an iceball or something similar and ass out while he's in recovery frames. Then, we repeat the walking backwards. The hardest Sub matches I've had are against ones who understand how to neutral duck iAFs all the while getting closer with D4 and his mixup/pressure game. However, that's generally not enough to take down the princess where one blocked slide is 40% of your life gone.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Well, I mean... You can win a match every now and then like... I'll be Gr8one, birdsongs, etc every now and then but the mu is just stupid. half a mistake and the match is over.

It's best to just pick someone else.
I can't win a match v mr mil at this point and even less with sub :-/ I've lamed him out before to some kind of success but he always gets me

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
'more work' is not what i would use to describe this MU lmao. If anything, it takes 'more work' to not want to off yourself in the middle of the match cause you can't get get a piece of this bitch lol. At the 'HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL' I just don't see it happening. She has no reason to give you ANYTHING to punish while building retarded meter.....and the jumping for free.....ohh I could go on lol. I still play the MU....doesn't mean I am very happy about it though.

The jumping for free is the worst for me... frustrates you so much bc you're thinking... I should be able to punish this!!!!!! but, you cant... and you cry...

or is that just me? lol