STB Sgt Reed
@quantum mekanikz
@long ass name
CptXecution
Semi Evil Ryu
Denzell
cyusstrike
Avalanche

This matchup is all about the lifelead, whoever gets the lifelead has to make the other come to them, the main reason kitana wins is because she can punish clone, even out trades which rarely ever happen, recover very fast and build meter with iaf and make life hell for sub, which means she's better at keeping le lead.

It's crucial you learn to anticipate and punish D1 cutter, block or take the D1 and wait for the cutter to whiff.

Kitanas normals are great, she has decent mixups, a strong neutral game, very good damage and amazing reach. Try to nail her with 224 clone midscreen and D4 hit confirmed to a string or clone after in order to keep the lead, in the corner you need to actually take all the damage you can get and switch up your regular corner setups because:

Ass out can be punished by 222 dash back clone *ASS OUT* :ex slide into the clone

Doesn't matter if she can't wakeup, you will always be able to punish her wakeups because after 222 clone, the kind which doesn't setup the as close as possible clone, fan lift whiffs and is punishable, cutter will whiff and get her frozen, ass out will be punished as mentioned above and pretty kick remains pretty.

You CANT afford to do naked clones, if she catches on she'll IAF you for full combo and get the lead back, as with most of sub's matchups this one also requires supreme meter management and no clones just to clone.

Long range whiffed normals are punishable by slide, if she whiffs f21 in front of you, be sure to punish with 22 iceball to full combo.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
This is pretty much exactly how I try to play this MU, with the exception that I never thought about actually eating the D1 in D1, cutter.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm not positive about this, but doesn't d1 on hit jail into cutter so you won't be able to duck it?

I liked your analysis of everything Qwark28. This is probably the single lamest match in the game. You pretty much have to bore her to death so she will hopefully make a mistake lol.
I'm still really horrible at it but I'll add a few thoughts...
-When you knock Kitana down midscreen the best option is usually to dash up & clone because it punishes all her wakeups like you mentioned. If she refuses to ever wakeup, sometimes you'll have to come in and use d4 or 212.
-When Kitana wants to reverse positions (especially in the corner), she has a basic mix up between throwing an iaf or using an air square wave. If you read the air fan you can immediately dash in and d4 into pressure. If you read the square wave you can slide/ex slide or 212~freeze depending on your spacing.
-Just like Sub Zero can negate Kitana's wakeup game, she can pretty much take his away as well. This video was posted by Konqrr a long time ago:

Here's a couple matches between Tom Brady and 16 bit:

D+1 on hit doesn't jail into the cutter, you're still ducking. It's easier to take the hit (she's -3 on hit), and duck and punish the cutter.
She can poke poke poke if you don't respect the fact that you're ducking to wait for the cutter.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Seapeople if you eat it crouching, no, its a riskier option but the one id go for if i absolutely needed the damage, knew it was coming and didnt wanna risk losing the punish or just d4ing

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is probably the single lamest match in the game. You pretty much have to bore her to death so she will hopefully make a mistake lol.
i live to lame things out

i might play this character more rushdown than hes supposed to but in lifelead matches the hearts pumping liquid nitrogen

Sub has to play this matchup like he's trying to Babality. Ask BillStickers :D

Basically, she never gets in on you and is afraid to wakeup. Look for patterns in her fan throwing and try to read a ground fan to trade with if you can. Don't be afraid of D1's, and look for D1~Cutter and punish hard. Whiff punish F21's, including the version where F2 connects but 1 whiffs. I rarely see that get punished. And yes, be careful of your clones.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
SZ will not win this MU at the highest level.

You can try all these things...... but ultimately the hardest thing to do is HIT her...

I've seriously given up trying the match. I think its almost as bad as Kenshi. Then only way you'll be Kitana is if she makes like 4 mistakes.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Sub has to play this matchup like he's trying to Babality. Ask BillStickers :D

Basically, she never gets in on you and is afraid to wakeup. Look for patterns in her fan throwing and try to read a ground fan to trade with if you can. Don't be afraid of D1's, and look for D1~Cutter and punish hard. Whiff punish F21's, including the version where F2 connects but 1 whiffs. I rarely see that get punished. And yes, be careful of your clones.
lol look at you gettin all cocky about your babies on Vita. lbsh i'm lucky to get one iaf to come out correctly on our connection.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
SZ will not win this MU at the highest level.

You can try all these things...... but ultimately the hardest thing to do is HIT her...

I've seriously given up trying the match. I think its almost as bad as Kenshi. Then only way you'll be Kitana is if she makes like 4 mistakes.
This is where I'm at with it. The match up numbers paint a rosy picture of this one. It's fucking retarded.

at the highest level, you really can't touch her. You may get lucky with a slide on an iaf or square wave. But she has no other reason to give you anything to punish. And she can jump at you for free. That's a big problem.

I thought perhaps I was the only one who saw it this bad. Referring to the kenshi comparison.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
LOL this MU...

so stupid.

Pick another character vs her. /thread

What I try to do is just watch their fan throwing patterns and see if they like to throw ground fans and go for a trade. Get that combo for the life lead. Then try to lame out.

If they just like to do iafs ... then wait for an opportunity to slide to get a knockdown and some damage that way.

LOL this MU...

so stupid.

Pick another character vs her. /thread

What I try to do is just watch their fan throwing patterns and see if they like to throw ground fans and go for a trade. Get that combo for the life lead. Then try to lame out.
A round of applause for this fine gentleman right here.
He understands that Sub-Zero can never compete against Kitana.

Sub-Zero is a filthy peasant who can't, shan't, and won't ever overcome the sapphire princess.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
A round of applause for this fine gentleman right here.
He understands that Sub-Zero can never compete against Kitana.

Sub-Zero is a filthy peasant who can't, shan't, and won't ever overcome the sapphire princess.
Brady is the best peasant tho lol

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Pick Kitana next time we play, I'll pick Sub...I wanna try my hand at this match up since you play her too.

I'm not a big fan of giving up on match ups, if Sheeva can do it, Sub-Zero can do it too plus I like match ups that you have to put in more work to win sometimes :).
'more work' is not what i would use to describe this MU lmao. If anything, it takes 'more work' to not want to off yourself in the middle of the match cause you can't get get a piece of this bitch lol. At the 'HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL' I just don't see it happening. She has no reason to give you ANYTHING to punish while building retarded meter.....and the jumping for free.....ohh I could go on lol. I still play the MU....doesn't mean I am very happy about it though.