What's new

Sub Mainer, looking for Reptile tips

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
i main sub but i need to play more characters, so i chose reptile, i got his 1,2,2,ffb... and 321 (edash) njp...bnbs down, any tips and pointers you rep mainers could add like use ex moves and whatnot and how to use dash and stuff?

i main sub but i need to play more characters, so i chose reptile, i got his 1,2,2,ffb... and 321 (edash) njp...bnbs down, any tips and pointers you rep mainers could add like use ex moves and whatnot and how to use dash and stuff?
know the distance of your elbowdash. you can throw an opponent off by elbowdashing right up to their face and instantly start a string/special. i think this is most important for all reptile players. know when to use your dash. dont abuse it. use it as mobility and as a punish. for instance on the mobility part, if you knock your opponent down you can dash twice and be on the otherside of them to fuck up their wake up controls. you can dash a third time while they are down and throw/start a string assuming they messed up their wakeup from you dashing around their body like a maniac. use his footsies when appropriate (d4~acidhand is gdlk). always end your combos in slow force balls to start your OKI. you can also use exsfb so they feel more trapped behind it. mix up your forceballs and spit while zoning to throw opponent off. like dont get in a pattern of sfb ffb spit sfb ffb spit etc.. do sfb spit sfb sfb.. then a ffb (just for an example) . you can really get them great after you train them to jump in after your forceballs then charge an ex one and they jump right into it. acidhand is safe on block and is an overhead so its a great special to end a string with if your playing safe. dont use the slide that often (i would advice only exslide on wake up if you need to and have the meter to do so since the normal slide is too slow and punishable) when ever your at a distance spit at every opportunity except if your getting a bad trade off of it. reptiles meter should goto breakers and exsfb's. exsfbs are great for pressure and can make your opponent move how you want them to for a set up. A slide can connect after a landed ex elbowdash for about 25% (i think) and is a good punish if you need the damage. reptile has a very slow normal dash so that limits him to dash up and punish certain moves so thats where the elbowdash punish comes in handy (example: sektors flamethrower)

these are just a few things, im sure more reptile players can help you out

Migaluch

Double Dasher
One thing to know is that is particularily hard to get Reptiles normals in, especially online, but that is compensated with the options elbow dash brings. For example, you want to combo the opponent and you are too far to get in close safely. A good strategy to use is to slow forceball and then elbow dash and then jump in puch and start a string. Is fairly safe and can be done anytime to get hits on the opponent.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
When just outside of elbow dash range, elbow dash in and use your D4 into acidhand. Works pretty good.

know the distance of your elbowdash. you can throw an opponent off by elbowdashing right up to their face and instantly start a string/special. i think this is most important for all reptile players. know when to use your dash. dont abuse it. use it as mobility and as a punish. for instance on the mobility part, if you knock your opponent down you can dash twice and be on the otherside of them to fuck up their wake up controls. you can dash a third time while they are down and throw/start a string assuming they messed up their wakeup from you dashing around their body like a maniac. use his footsies when appropriate (d4~acidhand is gdlk). always end your combos in slow force balls to start your OKI. you can also use exsfb so they feel more trapped behind it. mix up your forceballs and spit while zoning to throw opponent off. like dont get in a pattern of sfb ffb spit sfb ffb spit etc.. do sfb spit sfb sfb.. then a ffb (just for an example) . you can really get them great after you train them to jump in after your forceballs then charge an ex one and they jump right into it. acidhand is safe on block and is an overhead so its a great special to end a string with if your playing safe. dont use the slide that often (i would advice only exslide on wake up if you need to and have the meter to do so since the normal slide is too slow and punishable) when ever your at a distance spit at every opportunity except if your getting a bad trade off of it. reptiles meter should goto breakers and exsfb's. exsfbs are great for pressure and can make your opponent move how you want them to for a set up. A slide can connect after a landed ex elbowdash for about 25% (i think) and is a good punish if you need the damage. reptile has a very slow normal dash so that limits him to dash up and punish certain moves so thats where the elbowdash punish comes in handy (example: sektors flamethrower)

these are just a few things, im sure more reptile players can help you out
He's right you should always end all 321 juggles with sfb not slide. The oki is awesome, its really easy to get in with that forceball, and sfb does 2% on chip so your getting the same damage even if they block the sfb.