What's new

Tech Stuffing Wake ups (NOT GROUNDBREAKING STUFF)

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
DO NOT ASSUME WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE WILL MAKE ERMAC HIGHER ON THE TIER LIST! THIS IS JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA.

Please do not automatically think that this works on a bunch of characters. However, the following videos showcase Ermac's ability to stuff wakeups. Since I had to keep the videos short, it doesnt show EVERY wake up getting stuffed with these characters, but trust me when I say it works on all of these character's wake ups. It works on many different wake ups as well, but I have not recorded them. For all I know, this was already known.

The basic idea is: If you expect your opponent to wake up, stay around sweep range and use TKS. No matter what they choose to wake up with, it will get stuffed; leading for a solid 33%+ combo.

Enjoy!

zaf Metzos STORMS

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Big D pretty nice
i have a question though, have u tested against a human yet because of the dodgy training mode wake ups?

zaf

professor
Ill sticky this and edit the name of the thread.
We can start with these two and go over the cast for which characters this also applies to.

Big D

k just checking, cuz u didn't specify, also, if they catch on an block ur kinda screwed. lol
Yeah I should have mentioned that. And I put that in the description; that is only works if you read that they are gonna wake up. Clearly its an issue if you make a bad read lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Yeah I should have mentioned that. And I put that in the description; that is only works if you read that they are gonna wake up. Clearly its an issue if you make a bad read lol
against most ermacs i usually tend to get up with a backroll & block lol. That stupid unblockable can also stuff some wakeups i think....

Big D

against most ermacs i usually tend to get up with a backroll & block lol. That stupid unblockable can also stuff some wakeups i think....
Trying to stuff a wake up with the b2 is SO unsafe lol. Even too unsafe for my taste...and I d1 lift like there is no tomorrow lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Big D, i ve known about this but thanks for tagging anyway. This is the main reason Nikollass hated the Sektor-Ermac MU.

This works on Sektor, Mileena, Quan Chi, sometimes on JC's SK and Kitana.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Trying to stuff a wake up with the b2 is SO unsafe lol. Even too unsafe for my taste...and I d1 lift like there is no tomorrow lol
Now its unsafe cause of the stupid invincibility frames of wake ups. Before the latest patch it wasnt, especially in the corner and ESPECIALLY with Ermac. His dmg output was huge after a B2 "reset" in the corner.

I've known about something like this. I noticed that if the opponent wakes up with a roll, I tend to do 1,2,1 due to the range it has and it stuff wakeups. Even armored ones. I did this in training mode and was able to stuff Kabal's EX dash which I'm sure has armor. I've even hit Sonya out of her ex cartwheel. But again, it only works if they wake up with roll first and then do the attack. I'll see if I can make a quick video of it for you guys.

Here you go guys. Sorry if this is old but enjoy nonetheless.

And I'm going to say it again, THEY HAVE TO DO A TECH ROLL FIRST TO NEGATE THE INVINCIBILITY FRAMES!

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
oh so this is why when i do sweep then lift i catch them more than i should lol