What's new

Stuff to add to Basic Moves and Combos guide

1. Kabal's pit fatality is misprinted as Block, Block, Block, HK. It should be Block, Block, HK.
2. All characters can exchange an HK starter and an LK starter for one another. For example, with Kabal, you can do HK, LK, HP, HP, D+HP, or LK, LK, HP, HP, D+HP. However, only combos utilizing an HK can utilize aerial combo starters.
3. Robot Smoke's LK/HK + HK + LP is not listed.
4. Kung Lao's spin fatality can be done anywhere. (Thanks to Sultan of Sw1ng)
5. The combination for Mercy is not mentioned anywhere.

If I find anything else, I'll edit this post.

Yes, but then we could also say that Human Smoke's fatality is Run, Run, Block, Run, Run, HK.

The original form of the fatality is Run, Run, HK. Run, Run, Run, HK can be done, but the original way to do it is Run, Run, HK.

Another reason I'd prefer it to be Run, Run, HK in the guide is so that newer users don't accidentally use the scare fatality instead, which is Run, Block, Block, Block, HK.

Lord PsyBorg said:
2. All characters can exchange an HK starter and an LK starter for one another. For example, with Kabal, you can do HK, LK, HP, HP, D+HP, or LK, LK, HP, HP, D+HP. However, only combos utilizing an HK can utilize aerial combo starters.
It's worthless though. You should be using HK for all kick started combos so when you JP/JK starter you don't have to change the pattern.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
When you are intentionally going for a combo, at least if they jump away you'll hit them with a HK instead of a LK. If you get use to starting all combos with a HK it'll make you better!

"1. HP, HP, LP
2. HP, HP, HK
3. *HK, HK, LP*
4. HP, HP, LK, HK, LP"

I'll change the other stuff when I get a chance and some other things that are wrong for some reason that I know I corrected. I think since I edited and saved a bit at at a time when I edited it a while back that not everything got saved for some reason because I know everything was right at some point in my edit.

sometimes when your want to run in and combo but you leave a bit of space open, and opponent ducks, that means free uppercut. Thats why sometime LK is better

and not to forget configs of people, maybe lk is better for them

abc ur dead0 said:
Kabal's Pit IS Blk, blk, blk Hk.
You´re totally WRONG is like he said... BL, BL, HK not BLx3+HK...

About use HK instead LK: is better use LK when you´re matching cause sometimes the opponent used to jump as crossup to do combos or just jk and could make a combo if he/she use the crossup almost at the same time you fail the hk and if you use HK (is hard to recover and push block button without be punished by a JP starter combo) and if you use LK you have more chance to block if you fail the LK

rzp said:
abc ur dead0 said:
Kabal's Pit IS Blk, blk, blk Hk.
You´re totally WRONG is like he said... BL, BL, HK not BLx3+HK...

About use HK instead LK: is better use LK when you´re matching cause sometimes the opponent used to jump as crossup to do combos or just jk and could make a combo if he/she use the crossup almost at the same time you fail the hk and if you use HK (is hard to recover and push block button without be punished by a JP starter combo) and if you use LK you have more chance to block if you fail the LK
I always Pressed block 3 or 4 times and it does the fatality if you add the extra BLKS at the beginning, but Ermacs combo has to be perfect. If you add an extra RN at the beginning it doesn't work :x

yes you can add extra blks and for ermac´s pit you could do the same too do extra RN, and for nightwolf´s pit too and shits like that but you can´t tell to everybody that the move is "bl, bl, bl, hk" (kabal´s pit) you have to say the exactly move ^_^ take care ya!

like the Lao´s Fatality... the exactly move is: RN,BL,RN,BL D (not RN+BL at the same time, ok you can do it at the same time but the real command is RN, BL, RN, BL D) ^_^

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You can add extra motions to any fatality, as long as you do the right sequence at the end...

Back in the day I use to tell kids ridiculous combinations and then the right one at the very end.

Shock said:
You can add extra motions to any fatality, as long as you do the right sequence at the end...

Back in the day I use to tell kids ridiculous combinations and then the right one at the very end.
:lol: ownage

Shock said:

and you could even do a "extra move" before do the fatality but you have to do it fast, very fast xD... like the UMK3 Devastation Vol. 1 where are two motion of a pit fatality Glitch (thanks grinder for this editing xD) and i do the JK and a pit fatality and a (vertical HK) and a fatality, and for Classic Sub - Zero i do the same but with the fatality (D,D,D,F+HP) so there are many things that you could do... like MK1 where if you do for example with Cage, F,F,F,F and (quickly, LP, BL HP) you can perform the fatality hiting a punch before fatality ^_^