What's new

Stryker's corner glitch?

I was playing online the other day and I was attempting to do Stryker's corner infinite but when I kicked the opposition in mid air while he was in the corner he and I started going the other direction. Thus enabling me to do Stryker's across the screen infinite to the other side of the screen. I've been trying to do this again both online and offline with no luck. Is this an actual possible glitch in the game or was it some kind of internet based glitch?

That has prolly happened to me ten times in the last two months. Everytime it does I get pissed because I'm not expecting it, I would cum if I started doing the inf the other way. Maybe I will now that I know you can.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah it's a cool video. It's not a glitch either it's just the collision cross up.

TheGreg said:
This only ever happens to me when I'm on the left side corner. Is it possible on the right-side?
When I did it, it took place on the right side of the screen against Kabal.
ded thanks for clearing that up for me.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah it's a real infinite but it's not possible to do on everyone either. The real infinite would be considered aaHP,HP, gun, dash whiff repeat til corner, JK, aaHP, gun, Cross up JK, aaHP, gun.

It seems likely to me that it has more to do with whether or not it's Stryker's, "Home," corner. Meaning, if Stryker is Player 1's character, then it'd be the left corner, or the right corner for Player 2. Since you can force another character out of your home corner, that might be part of what's going on. If someone could figure out how to get it to happen consistently, that'd be huge. I nominate Rockzilla, he loves perfecting the big, complicated combos. :-D

PapaJester said:
It seems likely to me that it has more to do with whether or not it's Stryker's, "Home," corner. Meaning, if Stryker is Player 1's character, then it'd be the left corner, or the right corner for Player 2. Since you can force another character out of your home corner, that might be part of what's going on. If someone could figure out how to get it to happen consistently, that'd be huge. I nominate Rockzilla, he loves perfecting the big, complicated combos. :-D
*grabs Rockzilla's Wrist and raises it"

Rock, Rock, Rock, Rock!

abc ur dead0 said:
PapaJester said:
*grabs Rockzilla's Wrist and raises it"

Rock, Rock, Rock, Rock!
Hahahah thanks abc.

When I'm free I'll give it a try. School just started up and my dick teachers are already piling.

I think that you're on the right track Papa. You can't force your opponent out of their corner, so if it's your corner you would be able to. Just do the jk, aalp, gun once and cancel the punch for the gun really quick, and then jump in and do a really deep jk. That should probably do it.

Okay I did a little exploring and it seems that it only works in YOUR corner. NOT the opponent's corner. It happened in the opponent's corner once, but what I was looking for was a GUARANTEED way to get it to work every time.

Short description will come with the video once it's uploaded. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ade4sdEGuwQ

After starting Stryker's cross screen infinite, you can go into his corner infinite once you hit the corner. Now because once you hit the corner, you switch your pattern, his cross screen is only considered semi-infinite. What this shows is that once you hit the corner, you can go back into the cross screen infinite by canceling with the gun very close to the opponent, and timing the jump a little after you cross over the opponent's axis. This will allow you to JK them out of the corner and continue the cross screen.

NOTE* This ONLY works in STRYKER'S corner, NOT THE OPPONENTS!

Shock if I'm wrong please correct me. I'm pretty sure it's right though.

Rockzilla220 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ade4sdEGuwQ

After starting Stryker's cross screen infinite, you can go into his corner infinite once you hit the corner. Now because once you hit the corner, you switch your pattern, his cross screen is only considered semi-infinite. What this shows is that once you hit the corner, you can go back into the cross screen infinite by canceling with the gun very close to the opponent, and timing the jump a little after you cross over the opponent's axis. This will allow you to JK them out of the corner and continue the cross screen.

NOTE* This ONLY works in STRYKER'S corner, NOT THE OPPONENTS!

Shock if I'm wrong please correct me. I'm pretty sure it's right though.
LOL, I KNEW Rock was the man for the job... 8 hours between being nominated, and giving us video and a description on how to do it. Well done sir.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but when you get a chance, could you put up a vid of the cross-screen going into the corner turn-around? I think context would help people get the timing of it down.

I'll look into it :lol: It's actually kinda difficult to do from the corner infinite because you won't be able to cancel that soon halfway into the infinite so I'll see if I can get the distance right.

Rockzilla220 said:
Before I post it, my friend keeps saying I "discovered" this, but it was already known that this happens, correct? lol

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bzxX4rd3fI0

:D
Fair is fair, it is in the sp2 combo video (starts at 5:27), and ded_ says he thinks NinjaGrinder came up with it. Having said all that, you're the first I know of to post the explaination on how to do it, and the physics involved. So I'd say take the credit. Bask in it, you have officially discovered a new Stryker infinate that is more difficult, less efficient, and immensely harder to set up than his existing one, lol.

Seriously though, great job. I hate it when people talk about how they've, "Known how to do <place combo/glitch/whatever here> for years," and yet never bother putting the info out there. Basically wanting the credit (whatever THAT'S worth) without having done the service of sharing it with the community. So what if you didn't come up with it, you figured it out and shared it with everyone, and did a great job of it. Frankly, I think THAT'S what deserves the credit.

ded

Elder God
PapaJester said:
Seriously though, great job. I hate it when people talk about how they've, "Known how to do <place combo/glitch/whatever here> for years," and yet never bother putting the info out there. Basically wanting the credit (whatever THAT'S worth) without having done the service of sharing it with the community.
was that directed to me lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ninja Grinder, DreemerNJ and I knew about this before any of you! :wink: I think Lex even mentioned it to me before I released the first Service Pack video.

It's not listed in the guides because it's very risky to try, and besides you never need it so long as you perform the normal corner infinite correctly.

ded_ said:
PapaJester said:
Seriously though, great job. I hate it when people talk about how they've, "Known how to do <place combo/glitch/whatever here> for years," and yet never bother putting the info out there. Basically wanting the credit (whatever THAT'S worth) without having done the service of sharing it with the community.
was that directed to me lol
Nah, not at all. It's more a reference to people who pop up on numerous gaming sites. No one in their right mind would ever say you haven't done plenty to help raise the bar for the MK community. Anyway, the statement wasn't directed at anyone specific.

Shock said:
It's not listed in the guides because it's very risky to try, and besides you never need it so long as you perform the normal corner infinite correctly.
Much like doing the Kung Lao corner turn-around, rather than the much simpler and safer spin-SUJK-spin-SUJK combo. But it's something that wasn't common knowledge, and certainly not the, "how," of it. Whoever pulls somethig like that off, records it, and explains it, deserves some credit.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Kung Lao in - out is not nearly as risky because making a mistake still leaves Kung in control. The most common error in the Kung version is just spinning them into the corner again. Sometimes you will not spin at all. In Stryker's situation, an attack error leaves him vulnerable and it's also harder to time the JK and position Stryker before you even attempt it.

Scale of 1-10

Difficulty:

Kung - 3. There are three real variables at the critical point and that's Kung's location under the opponent and which way to do the spin. Kung has to be on the opposite side of the opponent but the opponent never has to touch the wall so this means there's only one set up. The other variable is whether or not Kung is considered on the opposite side when he lands, which depends on whether or not they are against the wall. In this situation you either have to spin forward, or backward. You can allow them to drop next to him to ensure spinning is only one direction. A spin before is not required for set up, it's a very free scenario which is why you see it a lot in game. Kung can also in - out spin both sides. Opponent side requires you to spin as he's about to turn around which is a specific timing and not by eye, whereas in Kung's corner you can do it by eye. Kung's relative distance from the corner before the cross over is attempted is not very important as the cross up portion is only dependent on when you cancel the dive kick.

Stryker - 9. There are 5 variables (depending how you count) at the critical point. The opponent must at some point be against the wall because Stryker has to be able to jump over them to the other side. It important to make sure the hits leading up to the cross over are accurate. This means the cancel of the jab into gun from the semi infinite must be done quickly to prevent push back. The character must be high enough so Stryker has time to be beneath them when connecting the JK. The next jab has be performed quickly after the JK, or two jabs must be performed. The gun must be canceled to precisely so the baton dash does not catch the opponent ending the combo, or you can run in after the gun.

Risk:

Kung - 1 He is almost always in control on errors because 90% of the time the error still hits them into the corner. If you miss the spin going the other way, meaning he doesn't spin at all, Kung can still block a wake up attack.

Stryker - 8. The only time you would attempt the cross up part is when you see Stryker clear the opponent, so this is where the danger comes in/. Once crossing over the opponent, if you miss the jab, you can always block, but if you miss the gun, you are 100% vulnerable during the gun recovery. I put this at an 8 and not a 9 only because of hesitation factor from the opponent after blocking the gun on a fall, and the distance they will be away after taking a juggle jab.