What's new

Stryker

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
So, low/overhead batons all day ? Will make Scorpion, who has no lows less straightforward, that's for sure.

TRi4L N 3ЯЯ0R

The world doesn't adjust to you.
Stryker was useless mostly when playing towers/invasion.

However, against human opponents online it's like he is a whole new character. He is definitely designed with messing with the human mind haha. He is great for it.

I do wish his grenades didn't blow up prematurely, or at least have a bigger splash area effect when they do. My far range nades always just end up blowing up right before my opponents face to no effect. Close ones similar result, the arcs aren't too different when they both just blow up prematurely.

They should do the gravity effect like in MK9 to make them useful, that they only blow up if they hit the opponent, or the ground, but not prematurely before going the length of the screen. Makes them useless to use when I think the intent is to deny an area. All other kameos projectiles go the full length except his, makes it nothing to fear.

They have other uses, but it feels like they're designed as area of denial specials with the lack of denying anything lol I just don't see any benefit I'm getting from blowing the nades early if they have no splash effect. That's kind of what happens when a grenade explodes out in the real world lol

Last edited:

MuMuGuy

Noob
I really tried, but this Kameo is bad. The grenades are bad due to them exploding before they touch anything. The handcuffs is only useful if one is afraid of a reversal, as there are always more rewarding combo enders. The baton swipes are a very low-reward mix-up at best.

Stryker was useless mostly when playing towers/invasion.

However, against human opponents online it's like he is a whole new character. He is definitely designed with messing with the human mind haha. He is great for it.

I do wish his grenades didn't blow up prematurely, or at least have a bigger splash area effect when they do. My far range nades always just end up blowing up right before my opponents face to no effect. Close ones similar result, the arcs aren't too different when they both just blow up prematurely.
At best the grenades are a combo extender in the corner. One might as well use a better Kameo if they want combo extenders, such as Sub-Zero.

MuMuGuy

Noob
I changed my mind on Stryker, he’s a very solid Kameo. Stryker is just lacking for people that are slaves to the combo mentality.

His grenades are butt cheeks, but the rest of his kit is fantastic. Ending combos with a restand is much better than I thought, as the wake-up system is grimy in this game. The baton swipes being a safe 50/50 between overhead and low allows one to more safely use unsafe, but rewarding strings.

Last edited:

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Stryker's assist cooldowns:

Low Baton: 10 seconds
Overhead Baton: 10 seconds
Apprehend: 12 seconds
Grenade Toss: 12 seconds

The average time for most assists is 12 seconds, so Stryker's on the normal side.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Who do y'all think would benefit from Kameo Stryker? He's great in neutral due to the batons giving frame advantage and the handcuffs can help everyone as a combo ender.

I tried using him with Ashrah, but she's safe on a lot of her shit and doesn’t need what Stryker has to offer.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think he's a really usable Kameo for everyone. Bombs extremely useful, restand, a plus overhead or a low if your character likes that too. I liked him with Shang but Ill just throw him with anyone.

He's not sexy, but he's keeping the peace out on these streets

MuMuGuy

Noob
I think he's a really usable Kameo for everyone. Bombs extremely useful, restand, a plus overhead or a low if your character likes that too. I liked him with Shang but Ill just throw him with anyone.

He's not sexy, but he's keeping the peace out on these streets
I find the grenades to be awful in general. Stryker takes forever to run out there and the grenades themselves have an odd hitbox. The slow start-up makes them almost useless in combos.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I find the grenades to be awful in general. Stryker takes forever to run out there and the grenades themselves have an odd hitbox. The slow start-up makes them almost useless in combos.
You can use them to make a bunch of unsafe moves safe or limit punishes, you can throw them out and bait people for full combo, they cover people in the air, people trying to jump fireballs, they add extra hits on knockdown to break armor. You say it's slow but it's also an ambush that throws out a projectile, Kano is really the only comparison for a move like that. Combo potential isn't great true but the value of bombs and other options add up