What's new

Strings that need adjustments

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
As most people seem to agree having extremely strong strings that are very fast and cover a lot of options honestly are a bit unfair considering how this games meta works. Most of these characters strings are better then actual characters in the game and there's a good reason why. They're fast and really abusable, they have too many options and because of it, it invalidates most of the characters move list. I believe because of these strings hitboxes they need to be significantly slowed down.

• Liu kang's f+4. This string should at least be i17 or slower. This string does too much and slowing this string down will make liu kang play a lot more thoughtful and methodical. He can still keep all his options from it without is being abusable.
  • Erron's b+2. This string needs to be at least i20. A mid/overhead/overhead string which is 12 frames can be cancelled into a low slide/into two stances. Anti-airs into a full combo. While this may effect his combos, hopefully to compensate they change it so most bounces are higher.
  • Jax f+4. This string is too fast especially since it cause's a 33/33/33(overhead/low/grab) at any given minute. Also the overhead just automatically anti-airs and I feel like this is just too unnecessary. They can slow this down to at least i17.
  • Geras f+212, it's honestly too fast for a safe launcher and it has a build in mixup with f+22/f+212. This string is still far too abusable and should be slowed down to i17.
  • Cassie's f+4, Yet another string that is just far too abusable. This still forces a true 50/50 with overhead grab and can be abused far too much because it's 0 on block. Also if they respect the 50/50 too much you can simply do another f+4. Make this string i12.
If you think these changes are too harsh give the entire cast 12 frame advancing mid strings to make it more fair. Mkx had advancing strings but they honestly were never this fast and did this much.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
As most people seem to agree having extremely strong strings that are very fast and cover a lot of options honestly are a bit unfair considering how this games meta works. Most of these characters strings are better then actual characters in the game and there's a good reason why. They're fast and really abusable, they have too many options and because of it, it invalidates most of the characters move list. I believe because of these strings hitboxes they need to be significantly slowed down.

• Liu kang's f+4. This string should at least be i17 or slower. This string does too much and slowing this string down will make liu kang play a lot more thoughtful and methodical. He can still keep all his options from it without is being abusable.
  • Erron's b+2. This string needs to be at least i20. A mid/overhead/overhead string which is 12 frames can be cancelled into a low slide/into two stances. Anti-airs into a full combo. While this may effect his combos, hopefully to compensate they change it so most bounces are higher.
  • Jax f+4. This string is too fast especially since it cause's a 33/33/33(overhead/low/grab) at any given minute. Also the overhead just automatically anti-airs and I feel like this is just too unnecessary. They can slow this down to at least i17.
  • Geras f+212, it's honestly too fast for a safe launcher and it has a build in mixup with f+22/f+212. This string is still far too abusable and should be slowed down to i17.
  • Cassie's f+4, Yet another string that is just far too abusable. This still forces a true 50/50 with overhead grab and can be abused far too much because it's 0 on block. Also if they respect the 50/50 too much you can simply do another f+4. Make this string i12.
If you think these changes are too harsh give the entire cast 12 frame advancing mid strings to make it more fair. Mkx had advancing strings but they honestly were never this fast and did this much.
You forgot to add :DOGE

DeftMonk

Noob
it’s not that they are unfair imo just makes for very one dimensional gameplay. Nightwolf has lots of strings you must utilize in different situations. Wish all characters were designed as such.
Uh, did I read this thread right that you think liu f4 and Jax f3 should be 17 frames?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Liu Kangs F4 is interesting. I'd say remove the ability to cancel it. You can still stagger after F4, F43 and be plus after F43+U3 (or 4, can't remember). He doesn't need the extra mixup.

Remember he has ANOTHER 9 FRAME MID in B1 which:
  • Is safe (-6 IIRC for the full string)
  • Can be staggered (-3 IIRC)
  • Can be hit confirmed into bicycle/dragon kick

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Louis Vuitton f4 ok
Jax’s... f4? His knee? Or do you mean f2? Why do people keep wanting to take away Jax’s entire game plan.
His best staggers are f2 and f3, without them he’d just be getting flawless blocked and d2’d the entire match. This isn’t Luis who also does everything else including onga bonga pew pew.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Shao Kahn:
f34: f3 is -8, f34 is -6, there's a 7 frame gap between them. Make f3 -6, f34 -5 with less than 5 frames of gap.
On the other side:
Liu f43, Geras f212 are safe with no gaps. Make'em -7-8 on block.
Erron, Jax and Cassie are fine. It's just that online is a bitch.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Liu's F4 has been discussed at great length many times before. I say either slow it down to 11-13f startup or remove special cancel from F4 (not F43) and make it -10 or more on block.

Erron's B2 is fine at 11f and doesn't need adjustment its now punishable unless they spend bar on SS. 20f startup is ridiculous.

Jax's F4 isnt what you are talking about you must be referring to F3(9f mid) or F2(12f mid) these are his staggers and its how he plays the meta. 17-20f startup is beyond absurd that's like turning fun strong characters into Kotal.

Cassies F4 is a 9f mid that has been nerfed enough. Its now -3 on block with increased pushback making any move that is 11f or faster beat it out.

There isn't anything wrong with fast mids. It seems players who use characters without fast mids feel cheated or outclassed and instead of advocating for the few characters without 13f mids or faster to get better mids I'm seeing some players ask to remove the majority of fast mids from strong characters?
This makes little sense to me considering you have to rework half the cast to remove 9-13f mids because the majority are built around this in the Strike/Throw meta. Instead of just helping a smaller number of characters without more useable mids.

Making 9-13f mids 17-20f startup is not even a question. That is beyond dumb and I don't feel you really understand what that would do to those characters in this meta.