What's new

Streets of Rage 4

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I didn’t see anybody talking about it, and I actually missed the trailer drop myself. The art style reminds me of another game that came out recently (forgot what it was called), but the gameplay definitely looks like classic Streets of Rage (hopefully with updates to keep the formula fresh).

There are a ton of playable characters, and hopefully it’ll have online multiplayer.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
its' been forever, just wanted to let you guys know, this is my family favorite game since release, my sister plays it every month and she enjoys every bit of it.

Also happy they've brought the original composers to create some tunes of the game, and olivier diviere knocked out of the park and made a name for himself, living up to the expectations of Yuzo Koshiro Himself.

Motohiro Kawashima story in this game it's my favorite, before release when Yuzo asked which style of song everyone wanted to see for SOR4 everyone went on his twitter and crucified SOR3 music saying it was too advanced so don't bother making it, Kawashima-San was watching and felt offended (kawashima made most of the SO3 music), instead of brusting out on twitter, he fueled those critics and inspired him to make insane boss musics for this game, that are talked about even today, mah boy was on a mission, for him this was personal.

Overall a great game, i join them now and then when they are playing 3 players, but my sister really loves this game lmao.

miti_mumway

Casual Lab Monster
I have like 400 hours in this game. Me and my bestie play Survival online when we need a break from stressful PVP games. The battle mode is a cherry on top to end the experience with its janky infinites. Such a gem, and as others stated, the music is fantastic, including the bonus Survival DLC soundtrack by Tee Lopes. I really wish we could get a "Shaolin Monks" style MK game by these developers, it would be so fun.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Also played on release and when DLC dropped. Can and do recommend.

As a gen 1 turtle enthusiast, I was hoping the TMNT fighter would have been just as enjoyable. People seemed to like it, but this is my go to for the genre. This and maybe a side of "Fight'N Rage "

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
It upholds the high standard the original trilogy has set 30 years ago and the DLC adds more to it. I just wish Blaze 4 mains weren't sacrificed in the process (i'm not one of them, i just feel bad).