What's new

Street Fighter V - Bison Reveal Trailer

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
That's was actually pretty cool. Bison has always looked pretty goofy to me with his Shadoloo style with it's strange animations.
But, for once I could actually imagine him being intimidating to someone.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Hey quick question. I'm not that familar with the series and this is probably going to be the first I get. What are the chances of Abel getting in? like was he a well liked character or not?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Hey quick question. I'm not that familar with the series and this is probably going to be the first I get. What are the chances of Abel getting in? like was he a well liked character or not?
it depends on the number in the roster, i wouldn't hold my breathe but perhaps if there's a ultra or championship edition he'll be in.
knowing Capcom, there will be a ULTRA in 6 months after the initial SFV release. LOL

Tim Static

Adminerator
Trailer looks great. It's not meant to be photorealistic, and it's NOT anything else but SF. That being said, I'm stoked for SFV, tho I hope it's nothing like SF4 :/

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
It looks like they gave him his "paint the fence" special from CVS2 but add the ability to reflect projectiles with it instead of absorbing them. Bison is my favorite fighting game character of all time, so this made my day.

ErMac333

Noob
Woah, he even got his Knee Press from SFEx! This is great stuff... Now I just need his other half haha! Rose, please come back!

LockM

Noob
Even as a major SF fan the first impression is that SFV looks slow, though we haven't seen any competent gameplay at all. SFV also looks like USFIV Omega mode, which allows for easier links due to a 1-2 frame buffer and the bigger combo potential in Omega compared to USFIV. I like the pace in SF Alpha 3 and wish SFV would be more reminiscent of that. It also looks like there is less hitconfirmig from light attacks like in USFIV and more from single medium attacks and such like SF3.
Hitstun looks looooong. The hitfreeze when an attack connects is present in most japanese fighting games, when an attack is either blocked it hit the attack will "freeze" for a few frames to allow the players to confirm what is happening. In NRS games this doesn't happen.

Anyway graphically the game looks alot better however due to the similar artstyle used a lot of people that aren't as familiar with SFIV think it looks the same, while in reality SFV is a major upgrade visually. I personally didn't like the artstyle in USFV as it was to bulky, though evenually it grew on me. SFV artstye looks more polished but i wish they would have gone a bit more extreme and tried another style.

Anyway i hope either Yun, Cody, Juri, Ibuki, Cammy or Karin will make it in, atleast one of those has to be able to get in right... otherwise i'm going with Chun Li.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Bison looks good, gameplay doesn't look that great. However, I will reserve judgment until I actually get a chance to play the game.