What's new

Strategy against Kung Lao

Hey Raidens out there. Was wondering if anyone would care to share their strategy against Kung Lao and all of his bullshit. He seems to be the only character I have absolutely no chance against, so any tips would be awesome. Thanks!

When do you use EX shocker on KL? I havent really used it as an anti air or anything, but I havent experimented with it so I wouldnt know :*(

REYTHEGREAT

Sometimes I jump away and do a superman whenever he teleports. I usually catch them. Also what you can try is play very defensive. You need to play Kung a lao to build an strategy against him. I hope it helps!

There are people who can offer better advice than I, but in general, you want to play very defensively and very calmly. Don't let Lao's mobility and pressure freak you out. If you're smart and patient, you can get out of any pressure he can apply with a combination of teleport, ground and air superman, and ex shocker/superman. My advice would be to practice getting out of his various pressure tactics, since when you get good at this, the options for counterattack and punish become much more obvious.

On the flip side, if you play the way the normal, undisciplined player does (blind rushdown and spastic button pressing), prepare to be destroyed repeatedly.