What's new

General/Other Strange string requirement for Aquaman..

Hey guys,

So, Australia broke street date yesterday and we all got to have a go at IGAU all night :)

A couple of us were having a play with Aquaman.. and we noticed something strange.

He has a 1123 string which can be followed up with a special such as the ground trident after 112 (visually).. however, you cannot cancel the string into a special unless you do all 4 inputs. Is this normal?

Examples:

112, Ground Trident (doesn't work)
1123, Ground Trident (works, but cancels into the trident after the 112 animation)

Is this normal? Should I be playing with this sort of thing with other characters? Or is it a bug?

In comparison to MK9.. you should be able to do 112, Special.. instead of requiring all inputs then watch the animations cancel into the special. Hopefully that makes sense..

NKZero

Noob
Hey guys,

So, Australia broke street date yesterday and we all got to have a go at IGAU all night :)

A couple of us were having a play with Aquaman.. and we noticed something strange.

He has a 1123 string which can be followed up with a special such as the ground trident after 112 (visually).. however, you cannot cancel the string into a special unless you do all 4 inputs. Is this normal?

Examples:

112, Ground Trident (doesn't work)
1123, Ground Trident (works, but cancels into the trident after the 112 animation)

Is this normal? Should I be playing with this sort of thing with other characters? Or is it a bug?

In comparison to MK9.. you should be able to do 112, Special.. instead of requiring all inputs then watch the animations cancel into the special. Hopefully that makes sense..
I don't think it has anything to do with that. I think it's the timing. I haven't even touched Injustice (including the demo) but iirc you have to time certain things in combos unlike MK9 where you dial it all in at once and watch it unfold.

So in this situation you do 112 and then maybe there's specific timing for ground trident (perhaps a delay). That makes sense since perhaps when you did 1123--ground trident, the input for the special negated the 3 and hence you got what you wanted. Idk it's weird.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. I think it's the timing. I haven't even touched Injustice (including the demo) but iirc you have to time certain things in combos unlike MK9 where you dial it all in at once and watch it unfold.

So in this situation you do 112 and then maybe there's specific timing for ground trident (perhaps a delay). That makes sense since perhaps when you did 1123--ground trident, the input for the special negated the 3 and hence you got what you wanted. Idk it's weird.
It definitely isn't that. I tried for over an hour on that one string and it wouldn't work :(

You can buffer it every single time if you do 1123, Trident... no special timing required. If you try to buffer 112, Trident... nothing; the string just stops after 112.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
That's bc he doesnt have a 112 string. He has a 11 string and 1123. Both 2 and 3 have to be inputed for the last portion of the string to come out.

That's bc he doesnt have a 112 string. He has a 11 string and 1123. Both 2 and 3 have to be inputed for the last portion of the string to come out.
Thats my point though. In MK9 the "dial-a-combo" strings didn't require the last input.. in fact, you didn't do the last input before the special because they probably wouldn't connect.

The 1123 animation cancels into a special after what appears to be 112 when you do a special. Why can't you do 112, Special if the game is just gonna cancel the 3 anyway?.. this is why I'm asking the question :)

So, if that is the mechanic in this game.. should we all be trying this possibility with other characters?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah, theres another one like this for some other char. It's definitely not the norm but thats just how this string is.