What's new

Question - Tanya Strange Execution Issue on Tanya's would-be 50-50s.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
This is unfortunate.
Well, it's fortunate for the players who don't play as Tanya.
It seems that we're neutral on block, if not plus when we do F2 teleport cancel.
I press Down down for teleport cancel, and it works-- but then when I go to press my low combo starter input, B3, I get backwards teleport, because the game considers the down down of the teleport cancel to be part of my special move inputs. Maybe this was done intentionally to prevent me from having another 50-50 mixup, but does anyone know a way around this?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
What 50/50 would she have? Low or throw? Her overhead is hella slow, and the fast ones are all hard knockdowns on hit and super punishable.

I do hate how this works though, takeda has the same problem.

Although, Tanya does have a true 50/50.. but it costs a bar.. and its also my secret ;)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
What 50/50 would she have? Low or throw? Her overhead is hella slow, and the fast ones are all hard knockdowns on hit and super punishable.

I do hate how this works though, takeda has the same problem.

Although, Tanya does have a true 50/50.. but it costs a bar.. and its also my secret ;)
Dragon Naginata, yo.
Insatant staff stance.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
It's annoying but you can overcome this by delaying it slightly. Put it In practice and try it. Instead of going straight for the b3, just wait ever so slightly. You'll get the timing.

Should probably mention you will probably get d1 out of the pressure by anyone who has seen it before.

Last edited:

Blakexton

Shinnuk
I've found a way to consistently hit this, and it is easy thankfully.

After your tele cancel just press forward.

112, df3, ddf, b3

Hope that makes sense.