What's new

Story mode speculation

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Since Ed Boon is teasing us with returning dead characters, from Kitana, to noob and yesterday Jade ! plus sub zero is already alive and It wont make sense that he's just another sub zero from the clan, I feel like the story is heading to the same path as X men days of future past, bringing Cyclops and Jean Grey to life. Do you think this will happen and if this happens do you think they'll have to go through MK9 again. what do you guys think about the story mode :D

E

Eldriken

We can't really think of anything since we don't know much of anything about it at the moment. Sure, we can speculate, but I doubt anyone would be remotely close.

ramy_92

We can't really think of anything since we don't know much of anything about it at the moment. Sure, we can speculate, but I doubt anyone would be remotely close.
yeah def, I mean all we have is 9 characters, but I find it fun when I speculate :p

ramy_92

Why wouldn't it make sense if Sub-Zero was just another member of the clan?

He already was just another member.
no I mean we already have Bi han and his brother, I don't think all of the clan have the same hate for scorpion, this would be just stupid, :s makes sub zero not unique at all lol I'm really waiting to know who he is

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
no I mean we already have Bi han and his brother, I don't think all of the clan have the same hate for scorpion, this would be just stupid, :s makes sub zero not unique at all lol I'm really waiting to know who he is
Well I think it's more reversed. I think it's more Scorpion hating the clan than vice-versa. I feel like it's a next-gen clan member.

trufenix

bye felicia
The Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu are blood rivals, so its natural that they all hate each other. Smoke, Sektor, and Cyrax should technically all hold Scorpion with contempt as well.

That said, MK9 makes it pretty clear Bi Han (As Noob) has little care for his old humanly concerns, so he may not actually have beef with Scorpion anymore, especially since they both work for the same guy and Quan probably never told Scorp, hey do you know who this guy was? Similarly, Kuai has always been painted as less cuttthroat than the rest of hte Lin Kuei, so now that they had their little spat, he too might be sympathetic to Scorpion's plight (no life, no family, no rest).

That said, a "new" Lin Kuei would have no idea about Scorpion and Bi Han's ties (they didn't tell Kuai, why would they tell this new guy) so he may just be some new guy with freeze powers who hates the Shirai Ryu (for clan reasons) and is tired of being harassed by this yellow ghost who keeps calling him a killer.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
The Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu are blood rivals, so its natural that they all hate each other. Smoke, Sektor, and Cyrax should technically all hold Scorpion with contempt as well.

That said, MK9 makes it pretty clear Bi Han (As Noob) has little care for his old humanly concerns, so he may not actually have beef with Scorpion anymore, especially since they both work for the same guy and Quan probably never told Scorp, hey do you know who this guy was? Similarly, Kuai has always been painted as less cuttthroat than the rest of hte Lin Kuei, so now that they had their little spat, he too might be sympathetic to Scorpion's plight (no life, no family, no rest).

That said, a "new" Lin Kuei would have no idea about Scorpion and Bi Han's ties (they didn't tell Kuai, why would they tell this new guy) so he may just be some new guy with freeze powers who hates the Shirai Ryu (for clan reasons) and is tired of being harassed by this yellow ghost who keeps calling him a killer.
I was thinking the soulnado fixed noob. And he became sub again. Which is why scorpion still wants him. They need to hurry up and tell him that quan chi did it

trufenix

bye felicia
I was thinking the soulnado fixed noob. And he became sub again. Which is why scorpion still wants him. They need to hurry up and tell him that quan chi did it
The Soulnado is unfortunately a perfect deus ex for that. I think it would be shitty since the precedent is that the soulnado fucking destroys anybody caught in it (the soldiers sacrificed, scorpion way back in da, etc) but again, this is comic book writing, they could just as easily make one big middle finger exception for the series' #2 like DC did for Batman.

That said, according to MK9, Scorpion knows Kuai isn't the dude he killed and (at least as of Sub's chapter) doesn't think he's the dude who did his family in. The problem there is MK4 canon basically says all it took was Quan Chi saying "hey, it was that guy, I mean" for Scorpion to decide Sub II was the new killer. So if they come up with some bullshit excuse for how Cyber re-came Human instead of the 'nado excuse, they could fall back on that too.

Or (as it seems from Ed's only real retort on the subject) this is a to date unknown Lin Kuei / Cryomancer who just happened to pick up the mantle. Maybe SZ is just some kind of title and when Kuai went rogue, Sektor's dad appointed a new one or just created a new one to keep people from finding out they got their shit kicked in twice at MK. Quan could very easily have said, nope, that's the guy right there, and Scorpion bought into it just like MK4. And this guy would have no idea (depending on how much the LK told him) as to why this shirai ryu skull ninja keeps calling him a murderer, and just be super tired of being disrespected (this has of course been 25 years later, if we assume all the characters shown are "current" and not some time locked past versions).

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
The Soulnado is unfortunately a perfect deus ex for that. I think it would be shitty since the precedent is that the soulnado fucking destroys anybody caught in it (the soldiers sacrificed, scorpion way back in da, etc) but again, this is comic book writing, they could just as easily make one big middle finger exception for the series' #2 like DC did for Batman.

That said, according to MK9, Scorpion knows Kuai isn't the dude he killed and (at least as of Sub's chapter) doesn't think he's the dude who did his family in. The problem there is MK4 canon basically says all it took was Quan Chi saying "hey, it was that guy, I mean" for Scorpion to decide Sub II was the new killer. So if they come up with some bullshit excuse for how Cyber re-came Human instead of the 'nado excuse, they could fall back on that too.

Or (as it seems from Ed's only real retort on the subject) this is a to date unknown Lin Kuei / Cryomancer who just happened to pick up the mantle. Maybe SZ is just some kind of title and when Kuai went rogue, Sektor's dad appointed a new one or just created a new one to keep people from finding out they got their shit kicked in twice at MK. Quan could very easily have said, nope, that's the guy right there, and Scorpion bought into it just like MK4. And this guy would have no idea (depending on how much the LK told him) as to why this shirai ryu skull ninja keeps calling him a murderer, and just be super tired of being disrespected (this has of course been 25 years later, if we assume all the characters shown are "current" and not some time locked past versions).
I think in their dialogue scorpion calls sub a murderer and sub says I tire of defending our innocence