What's new

Stop Jumping: How to footsie your way in

Flagg

Noob
Characters with mid-air moves will invariably jump more, owing to a measure of security that their mid air move will beat a standing 1. Ermac has one of the safest mid-air moves in the game, which as a result, enables him to jump in more if the opponent starts to respect the air blast.

NariTuba

disMember
I think walking is very important in this game, regardless of how fast the walk is. Faster is not always better, it depends on the situation.

Moving always at the same speed makes you predictable, as soon as you change your speed (fast 2 slow or slow 2 fast) you are hitting your opponent with a new variable for them to recognize.

Fast movement gives you the element of surprise and the ability to whiff punish for example, slow movement gives you the ability to react better to projectiles and bait your opponent to lunge at you.

Having more than one speed makes your footsies better.

Hm, I think I played someone who used this guide, and the down 4s were a real bitch. Thanks for the heads up, now I can get in on this too. Will start walking more too...

Also it's not that hard to anti air grab or etc. And you can always parry it since nobody neutral jumps online.