What's new

Stock Market Frosty Faustings Edition: John Waters vs. GGA

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Zyphox the 2013/14 mkf??
No zyphox came to Nec, SJ, locals and all where as MKF hasn't seen sunlight since I hung out w him in 2006

Oddly I'm one I the few who has actually seen MKF and hung out w him in real life

Left to right: Gerchap, wu killer, MKF, pig (same black shirt), stretchshrimp (the Reo of MKD)

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
No zyphox came to Nec, SJ, locals and all where as MKF hasn't seen sunlight since I hung out w him in 2006

Oddly I'm one I the few who has actually seen MKF and hung out w him in real life

Left to right: Gerchap, wu killer, MKF, pig (same black shirt), stretchshrimp (the Reo of MKD)

Holy blast from the past.....

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

"Once a Green Lantern, always a Green Lantern".

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I called it. I took heat after calling it. Not 24 hours later. Cowboy delivers.

All of dem dats. You can hold.

Who said he wasn't the favorite to win the tournament?

You said he'd win the team battle free. You can hold that.

You can also hold your boy Wound Cowboy not being able to see Nightwing's 50/50. More on that later.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Who said he wasn't the favorite to win the tournament?

You said he'd win the team battle free. You can hold that.

You can also hold your boy Wound Cowboy not being able to see Nightwing's 50/50. More on that later.
I thought the team battle was the tournament - because you know, that's what mattered that weekend.

If anyone at GGA can take a 2/3 from WoundCowboy using Nightwing - I'll hold that. Otherwise we'll recognize Nightwing hasn't been seen near a Top 16 since fucking Civil War and we'll go about life as usual pretending he's hidden top 2.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I thought the team battle was the tournament - because you know, that's what mattered that weekend.

If anyone at GGA can take a 2/3 from WoundCowboy using Nightwing - I'll hold that. Otherwise we'll recognize Nightwing hasn't been seen near a Top 16 since fucking Civil War and we'll go about life as usual pretending he's hidden top 2.

The fact that your training partner couldn't react to a mixup all of you were insisting wasn't worth even exploring because it's so easy to react to is a blow up any way you slice it.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
The fact that your training partner couldn't react to a mixup all of you were insisting wasn't worth even exploring because it's so easy to react to is a blow up any way you slice it.
Nobody said it wasn't worth exploring, we already have and the people we play with block it all the time.

Wound got hit by stand 2/ground pound a few times I'm guessing? I'd be curious to see any footage of Wound vs the NW players out there.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nobody said it wasn't worth exploring, we already have and the people we play with block it all the time.

Wound got hit by stand 2/ground pound a few times I'm guessing? I'd be curious to see any footage of Wound vs the NW players out there.

Not "a few times". We looked into it and even under ideal conditions(sitting in training mode ready for it) he could not block the mixup on reaction. He expected to be able to. He thought he could a few times...but he couldn't.

I sympathize with playing a character everyone says it's insane and secret top who is very difficult to use. However it has to mean something when you guys are insisting a strat is useless and figured out yet it works on someone who has NW experience.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Not "a few times". We looked into it and even under ideal conditions(sitting in training mode ready for it) he could not block the mixup on reaction. He expected to be able to. He thought he could a few times...but he couldn't.

I sympathize with playing a character everyone says it's insane and secret top who is very difficult to use. However it has to mean something when you guys are insisting a strat is useless and figured out when it works on someone who has NW experience.
To be fair, I filmed the same circumstances and I could do it.

I'm also probably the person who has the most NW experience in the world besides Wound. Also, finding situations where stand 2/ground pound won't get interrupted is incredibly unlikely. Still though, even if he has sort of 1 kind of 50/50 it's very situational.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
So what's the NW/Sinestro win/loss looking like in Chicago? It sounds like this 50/50 is changing things.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
To be fair, I filmed the same circumstances and I could do it.

I'm also probably the person who has the most NW experience in the world besides Wound. Also, finding situations where stand 2/ground pound won't get interrupted is incredibly unlikely. Still though, even if he has sort of 1 kind of 50/50 it's very situational.

Why would it be? You have tools to condition them to not hit buttons. There's many possibilities, like using both moves on character's without fully invincible wakeup attacks to both stuff wakeups and act as a 50/50.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Maybe it would. Maybe it's worth trying. Perhaps this attitude is why Nightwing players haven't been winning.
I've beaten more top players with NW that lots of tournament players who play considerably better characters.

I've tried and tested everything that every non NW player has ever suggested to me, and I've put probably 100 hours into training mode this character. It's a nice idea, but the circumstances this mixup applies to aren't very large. Also, Joe's salty NW talk shouldn't be taken too seriously.