What's new

still some flaws with online

now that the online has for the most part been fixed, there are still some issues i would like to address.
1. the compatibility patch needs to be mandatory. i paid for skarlet but cant pick her or the classic cyborg costumes every time i face an somebody who doesn't have it. i paid for a character and i expect to have her available every match.
2. maybe it's just me but i would like to see my connection speed outside of just koth and the chat rooms. anytime i play ranked or regular player matches i have no idea how the connection is going to be. most of the time it's good but still its a gamble.
3. i really don't like it showing my record in player matches. what is the difference between player and ranked matches if if shows your record either way. it's fine if it keeps track of my record for player matches in the stats menu or the other menu thats shows all your records. but i really don't like to see my record nor do i want my opponent knowing my record. i think some people accept or decline matches based solely on your record. again its fine to show my record in ranked but not in player matches.

anyway that's it. what do you guys think? agree? disagree?

Screamo Luvr

Ice Warrior
I think private matches need to be worked on to be nearly lag free first, that way at least I can get a good match going between my friend and I. And it's probably impossible to implement at this point, but I think an Online Practice mode would be cool for teaching your friends to do combos without being pressured by the round clock.

now that the online has for the most part been fixed, there are still some issues i would like to address.
1. the compatibility patch needs to be mandatory. i paid for skarlet but cant pick her or the classic cyborg costumes every time i face an somebody who doesn't have it. i paid for a character and i expect to have her available every match.
2. maybe it's just me but i would like to see my connection speed outside of just koth and the chat rooms. anytime i play ranked or regular player matches i have no idea how the connection is going to be. most of the time it's good but still its a gamble.
3. i really don't like it showing my record in player matches. what is the difference between player and ranked matches if if shows your record either way. it's fine if it keeps track of my record for player matches in the stats menu or the other menu thats shows all your records. but i really don't like to see my record nor do i want my opponent knowing my record. i think some people accept or decline matches based solely on your record. again its fine to show my record in ranked but not in player matches.

anyway that's it. what do you guys think? agree? disagree?
1) Agreed. NRS dropped the ball by making the compatibility pack an optional update. We spent all this money on DLC and can't even use the DLC we bought with our hard earned money because of this optional patch BS.

2) Seeing connection speed would definitely be a nice feature for player match. It sucks to accept a match, only to find out its absolutely unplayable due to lag.

3) I totally agree about records in player matches. I get so many players that duck me online just because I have a good record, making it so hard to find matches online. If the matchmaking wasn't so bad and didn't take forever to find matches however, I probably wouldn't care about showing my record though. In starcraft, your opponent was always able to see your record on battle.net and kick/ban you from matches if they wanted, but nobody ever complained about that because the matchmaking wasn't complete ass in that game.

GStick

Noob
And what's up with everyone's connection showing up as 4 green dots all the time? Generally the only time I can see their connection is in Ranked or KotH...

And what's up with everyone's connection showing up as 4 green dots all the time? Generally the only time I can see their connection is in Ranked or KotH...
that too. they need to make it way more sensitive. if it says 4 green dots i expect a genuinely good connection.