What's new

Still nothing on where the following skins are???

POPTDP

Noob
There are a number of items that are either found in the "Krypt" or have ???? as their requirements, but I have been unable to find them even though I have completely exhausted the Krypt. This means all chests, invisible chests, soul orbs, shao kahn chests, the shrine, the forge, the kollector shop, and shang tsung's throne room have been completely depleted.

They are the following:

Liu Kang - Young Justice skin
Raiden - Mythologies skin
Sub-zero - Tundra skin
Noob Saibot - Klassic Noob mask
Shang Tsung - Master Tsung skin (Requirement = ???)

There has to be a reason for this as they are all mainly "Klassic" skins from MK2/MK3. Has NRS provided an answer on this? I don't have twitter but is there any other way to get them to answer this?

Will they maybe add a Krypt section that has all of these and theme it on MK2/3?

I couldn't find the Johnny Cage "Box Office Champ" skin for a while as the Requirement was ???, but this ended up being a Towers of Time skin (was found in the Shang Tsung's Trial tower)

POPTDP

Noob
That's the thing.. there's a LOT missing after Krypt is complete and they are all very specific gear that no one else has managed to find since release. Most of them are the Klassic skins and gear that everyone wants. There has to be a reason for it. Any chance NRS can respond??

All of the items listed in the posts above, with the exception of the Master Tsung skin is on the "unobtainable" list: https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/by3yoa
Now, that list was posted nearly three weeks ago and SOME of the items on it have been released recently. For example, all of Skarlet's gear on that list is now obtainable.

Guessing that the Krypt ones may be in a part of the Krypt not yet accessible, or maybe NRS is just waiting to add them.

As for the "???" items, many of those have turned out to be rewards for finishing in the top 5% in the weekly "Race Against Time" events. Perhaps those will be future rewards.

[EDIT] Just noticed that they removed all of the gear items that were originally on the post. The Klassic Kano Prime eye shield was one of the gears listed at the time I made a hard copy.

Last edited:
Thanks for that post! Very helpful.

Has NRS commented on the above?
Not to my knowledge, but the OP referring to "gray hat methods" indicates (at least to me) that they have hacked into the game files and not found these skins AT ALL.

It would certainly explain why NOBODY has come across them to date. Nobody's gonna unlock them if they aren't actually in the game yet.

That's why I'm guessing there's more of the Krypt to be added that we haven't seen yet. It is, however, just an educated guess.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I have seen the computer wearing some items I dont have so saying they arent in the game is...reaching...but they certainly arent in krypt (1900 pieces of gear unlocked).

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Regarding Subzero's Tundra skin, you can unlock Wintry Mix from the towers (I think Sub's Stage 5), and since both Tundra and Wintry Mix are the opposite player versions of one another, just equip Wintry Mix and when you start the match select the variation using Start instead of 3, you'll play using the Tundra skin.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Regarding Subzero's Tundra skin, you can unlock Wintry Mix from the towers (I think Sub's Stage 5), and since both Tundra and Wintry Mix are the opposite player versions of one another, just equip Wintry Mix and when you start the match select the variation using Start instead of 3, you'll play using the Tundra skin.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I have wasted 3 mil in kenshi chests looking for that Kano eye gear.

There's 2 full sets of gear tied to ToT and I still don't know which ones they are. And Cangaceiro has it's own set and there's another set coming as well. Fuck.

They tied gear and skins to KL and future DLC towers; they could've let players know that tiny fact in advance and we would've waited, but, you know, 'player retention' and all that shit, waste koins like a crazy man.

This fucking game...

All of the items listed in the posts above, with the exception of the Master Tsung skin is on the "unobtainable" list: https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/by3yoa
Now, that list was posted nearly three weeks ago and SOME of the items on it have been released recently. For example, all of Skarlet's gear on that list is now obtainable.

Guessing that the Krypt ones may be in a part of the Krypt not yet accessible, or maybe NRS is just waiting to add them.

As for the "???" items, many of those have turned out to be rewards for finishing in the top 5% in the weekly "Race Against Time" events. Perhaps those will be future rewards.

[EDIT] Just noticed that they removed all of the gear items that were originally on the post. The Klassic Kano Prime eye shield was one of the gears listed at the time I made a hard copy.
So the Kitana skin I've been looking for for weeks, and spent millions in this damned shrine Is unobtainable...

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
damm , this is really fucking dumb trash to know .... really want that Edenian Blue skin for Kitana, and the Wu Shi Temple pillagers for Baraka .... once again NRS did some bad move :confused: .... hope there is some explanation regarding this , maybe some Krypt expansion in future ? fuck this, this is mean, hehe ! :mad:

Lokheit

Noob
One thing I've noticed that might be related to some skins and gear not appearing in the game is that while most tower rewards follow the pattern of being sets belonging to the towers boss character, sometimes 1 piece will be for a different character, generally a character alphabetically next to it so it's obviously a mistake of listing gear of the next character (for example I've seen a full set of Jacquie gear with 1 JAde item, Shang Tsung set with 1 SHAo Kahn item...), Though sometimes it's not a 1 step mistake (I recall seeing Cetrion stuff on a Johnny tower).

@16 Bit maybe the QA team could take a look at the list of tower rewards to check if each tower is correctly giving the intended rewards? I got screenshots of many cases like the ones I said, I can provide them to speed up the process if needed.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
This is some mega ass bullshit right here. The one Shao Kahn skin I want, is completely unobtainable? Wtf? Why even show it and list it as “Krypt” if it’s not in there? God damn.

At least the one Jade skin I’ve been trying for since launch (Inner Circle) doesn’t seem to be on the list. Still no idea if it’s in the Shrine, a Kronika Vault, or what... Guess I’ll just keep throwing money away with my fingers crossed...

POPTDP

Noob
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Having skins that were shown during story mode and main trailers/kombat kasts etc only to have them completely unobtainable in the game...

POPTDP

Noob
At this point I wish they'd just let us buy anything with time crystals. I can't be the only one sitting on a bajillion of these things waiting for something I actually want to go on sale.
Yes! That’s exactly why I’m thinking they are purposely having these particular skins unavailable in the game whether in the krypt or in store. They are not even appearing in the time crystal store which i have reason to believe that the contents are hand picked every day since none of the skins we want are ever in there nor anywhere in the game.

I just have a feeling they are holding on to them and will release either an expansion to the krypt sort of like an MK2 section or something.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
There are a number of items that are either found in the "Krypt" or have ???? as their requirements, but I have been unable to find them even though I have completely exhausted the Krypt. This means all chests, invisible chests, soul orbs, shao kahn chests, the shrine, the forge, the kollector shop, and shang tsung's throne room have been completely depleted.

They are the following:

Liu Kang - Young Justice skin
Raiden - Mythologies skin
Sub-zero - Tundra skin
Noob Saibot - Klassic Noob mask
Shang Tsung - Master Tsung skin (Requirement = ???)

There has to be a reason for this as they are all mainly "Klassic" skins from MK2/MK3. Has NRS provided an answer on this? I don't have twitter but is there any other way to get them to answer this?

Will they maybe add a Krypt section that has all of these and theme it on MK2/3?

I couldn't find the Johnny Cage "Box Office Champ" skin for a while as the Requirement was ???, but this ended up being a Towers of Time skin (was found in the Shang Tsung's Trial tower)
I don't know about the other ones, but to use Raiden's Mythologies skin, obtain Landfall (obtainable in the second Khynin hive), and on the character select screen press the Options button instead of X (PS4 controls).

I realize it's not the "real" Mythologies skin, but until that one is available in the Krypt, this is the best way to obtain it.

The same method can be used to obtain Raiden's Earthrelam's Protector skin, though that one can be found in a soul chest in the Krypt too, usually after refreshing chests. Get the God of Thunder skin from Shang Tsung's trial tower and then press the Options button on the character select screen. I've been using both of those skins for some time now.

So the idea being, if possible find the skin with the opposite colors of the one you want, equip it to your character, and when selecting them, press Options instead of X. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
This is some mega ass bullshit right here. The one Shao Kahn skin I want, is completely unobtainable? Wtf? Why even show it and list it as “Krypt” if it’s not in there? God damn.

At least the one Jade skin I’ve been trying for since launch (Inner Circle) doesn’t seem to be on the list. Still no idea if it’s in the Shrine, a Kronika Vault, or what... Guess I’ll just keep throwing money away with my fingers crossed...
Inner Circle is 100% in the Shrine. I got it from there. Cost me a gazillion coins to get it

ItsYaBoi

Noob
They NEED to be held accountable for this. For fuck sake.

You pay for the game and then they show customisation items in the customisation menu, with specific ways on how to unlock them, and you can't unlock them even when trying to via that way. It's a fucking con.

It's obvious now that they're going to tie some of the gear that has gone 'missing' into future KL rewards. Absolutely no shame from NRS.