What's new

Stick with Raiden or go high tier for tourny? Raiden vs Kabal.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I dunno. TB is selling his knowledge for $3, and it seems kinda scummy to spill the beans on all of the hard work he put into the living guide and take potential money away from him. It's like MK napster.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I dunno. TB is selling his knowledge for $3, and it seems kinda scummy to spill the beans on all of the hard work he put into the living guide and take potential money away from him. It's like MK napster.
I see. I agree actually. It will be revealed soon enough anyway, as soon as somebody does it online or in a tourney it will be all over TYM and MKU.

Albo

Noob
i feel bad for doing this since this is one of tom's secrets in the living guide but it was going to come out eventually. plus he openly talked about it in last week stbl so i guess he feels it's ready to talk about it now. you can find more info on this thread and on week 8 of the stbl show at around 1:25:00. as tom mentioded though if you would like the juicy stuff, you can only find it in the guide.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
i feel bad for doing this since this is one of tom's secrets in the living guide but it was going to come out eventually. plus he openly talked about it in last week stbl so i guess he feels it's ready to talk about it now. you can find more info on this thread and on week 8 of the stbl show at around 1:25:00. as tom mentioded though if you would like the juicy stuff, you can only find it in the guide.
I don't have a smart phone. Is there a way to get the guide on a PC?

a few things

1. vicinity blast is awesome on block and allows for fast follow up

2. bullshit if u dont think kabal is top tier at the moment, wait till some perfects his zoning game he'll be unstoppable

Kombo

Noob
Raiden is shit tier... And by shit tier I mean everytime you pick him at the select screen your opponent will go SHIT!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
He is, actually. He alluded to it in another thread but did not give details. All we know is that Raiden has a frame trap that can be escaped, but when you do escape it you are vulnerable to a launcher. Soooo, I'd love to know what that frame trap is.
Your two strings, :l:fk:fp:bp and :fk:fk:bk can be canceled with vicinity blast, i.e. :l:fk:fp~vicinity blast or :fk:fk~vicinity blast. Vicinity blast gives a thundergodlike advantage on block, like... it's absolutely monstrous. Now your opponent can just duck and punish the vicinity blast to avoid giving you the advantage, but in doing that they are made vulnerable to the overheads that end those strings and give launches on hit. Your opponent either has to block the VB and be at huge negative frames or eat the overhead into a combo.

You have to use the :en version on Reptile, Ermac, Scorpion and Smoke for sure. I think Quan-Chi too. There's probably others. I'll update later, but it's easy to find out for yourself in training mode.

It's vicious.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Your two strings, :l:fk:fp:bp and :fk:fk:bk can be canceled with vicinity blast, i.e. :l:fk:fp~vicinity blast or :fk:fk~vicinity blast. Vicinity blast gives a thundergodlike advantage on block, like... it's absolutely monstrous. Now your opponent can just duck and punish the vicinity blast to avoid giving you the advantage, but in doing that they are made vulnerable to the overheads that end those strings and give launches on hit. Your opponent either has to block the VB and be at huge negative frames or eat the overhead into a combo.

You have to use the :en version on Reptile, Ermac, Scorpion and Smoke for sure. I think Quan-Chi too. There's probably others. I'll update later, but it's easy to find out for yourself in training mode.

It's vicious.
I am guessing Mileena, too.

Albo

Noob
i posted this in another thread, but i'll post it again here since it's relevent here.

"just did some testing of the standard vc blast on each character in the game. there are a few unclear and mixed results.

i first tested which characters the vc blast will hit when linked with 334 or b312 while the characters are standing and blocking. if the vc does hit after 33vc, 334vc, b31vc or b312vc then raiden is at a massive advantage and if it doesn't the is is at a disadvantage. i first tested this with all the characters midscreen while up close (almost touching) and these were the results.

characters that get hit: liu kang, kung lao, sub zero, sindel, kitana, johnny cage, jade, mileena, nightwolf, noob, sonya, jax, kano, baraka, kabal

characters that don't get hit: scorpion, ermac, reptile, cyrax, smoke, sektor, quan chi, skarlet

it is important to point out that kitana and kano gets hit by vc blast midscreen when linked with only with the b312 string. shang tsung only can only get hit with his back in the corner by b313 but can get hit midescreen by anything else. kabal and kenshi cannot be hit in the corner at all with any strings linked or cancelled with vc. raidens hand and vc blast just seem to go right through them if you don't use the right move. i don't know if this is unintentional or not. all the rest that get hit midscreen, get hit in the corner by anything.

what i also found out is that with some of the charcters that don't get hit midscreen, you can whiff the first few hits of 334 or b312 by standing a few feet from your opponent and vc will hit. i even tested the 22b4 and 1212 strings with the vc and again got very mixed results, but there's not really any need for these strings with vc as you have the others which consist of overheads and are traps."

I usually just connect with a sweep after the blocked blast. The best use for it I think tho is people that always crossover jump. Dial the whole string then VB, if the jump it juggles them so you can shock then 334 or whatever.