What's new

Stick/Pad Dilema

I bought the PDP stick when MK came out as my first fight stick. After practicing for the past few months with it, I can't decide whether I'm just bad at inputs or the stick just doesn't fit me. *I main KL just cause he seemed natural to my style* When I go for a spin, sometimes KL just stands up and punches so I miss the spin and get punished. Also sometimes when I diagonal jump, KL just jumps straight up, and I get punished again. Also I'm having trouble doing KL's 2-4 combo because my ring finger is somewhat retarded. I tried using the an Xbox controller and I seem to have the same trouble with the Dpad and Analog stick, as well as having a hard time doing combos with just my thumb :S.

I am thinking of either
1) Buying a PS2 Pad/converter since the top tier guys don't seem to have a problem using them
2) Purchasing a Hitbox for better inputs and a "better" button layout
3) Commissioning someone to make a hitbox for me since the official guys don't have Xbox parts in stock. I also don't know the general cost of building a stick from scratch/parts.

Any help, suggestions, or otherwise would greatly be appreciated

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
I would mod your pdp stick with better parts. I know there are threads about what parts to use. I am planning on doing the same thing as well as dual modding it.